• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I unironically love the southern American drawl but only with deep voices.

Deleted member 69573

User requested account closure
Banned
May 17, 2020
Melbourne, Australia
As a non American, I like the Alaskan, Vermont, North Dakota and North Carolina accents đź‘Ť

Aussie accents are so damn cool

You're one of a handful of people I've seen say that lol

I'm Australian and I would much rather have a New Zealand accent tbh Although the further south of Australia you go, the less annoying I find our accents to be.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
Singapore/Malaysian English is best english cause they can switch between super proper English accent and some Singlish/Manglish accent on the fly depending on the situation.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Tangier Island, Virginia, has one of the craziest accents I've ever heard in the US. Like, I wouldn't believe it was a real American accent if I heard it in real life. See the guy at 16:54 for an example:

Kingdizzi

Banned
Aug 11, 2019
Scouser and Brummie accents are absolutely horrible, thankfully I don't come across them often.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
I'm American, so I'm not sure my opinion counts, but I've always loved greek and irish accents. People seem to like it, but I personally hate the US Southern drawl.

Roberto Duran

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland has the best and worst accents ever. I can't even understand people in Glasgow. Now Edinburgh, that is a nice and pleasant accent.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
For speaking English:

Best: UK (they're all great, as varied as they are)
Worst: French
2nd worst: Québec

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Boston is by far the worst. It's like they intentionally exaggerate it for effect.
British accents are the best.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever that horrendous accent Sarah Palin has is the worst, followed closely by the Boston/NE accent.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Then you'll love this guy

h1.gif

b050653a72961c04bcfad1c9dae2e853.gif

Dr Shasta

Banned
Feb 12, 2019
Chicago and Milwaukee area is harsh to my ears. Every "A" has an "e" in front of it.

And U.P. Michigan is pure comedy

Also the Canadian Scottish variant is fun

Oct 27, 2017
Boston is by far the worst. It's like they intentionally exaggerate it for effect.
British accents are the best.

Totally agree.

British people speak English the best. Everything they say sounds proper, refined and educated.

Non-regional american accents can be great (think of all the generic Hollywood actors/actresses). Not a fan of the East coast (New York, Boston, etc) or Southern "country" drawl accents (Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, etc)

Last edited:

GillianSeed79

Oct 27, 2017
Best: Irish, Scottish, Portuguese, and whatever kind of British they speak in Doctor Who.

Worst: Maryland Eastern Shore and Pennsylvania.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boston has the worst, best is a stereotypical new York accent.

silentg

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
First, please don't say "UK" or "British" accent because there are so many in our small little isles.

I'm from Manchester and love the Geordie accent.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Glad we can all mostly agree on how awful Boston accents are.

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry Scousers but a strong scouse accent isn't pleasant (those from Liverpool for the unaware)

Then again I'm from Lancashire which is just plain bad as well

Always enjoy a good Dutch accent (not Steve McClaren though)

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
I like the Aussie and New Zealand accents the best, and I really like the way a Mexican/Spanish accent sounds too and it's the one I probably hear the most. Sounds very friendly to me in a way

Boston: Worst one for me, by far

Minnesota/Wisconsin: Shit sounds ridiculous but sort of hilarious at the same time, but most just annoys the shit outta me

Irish: Maybe one of the more unique accents out there but I really can't tolerate it for long

Hopefully no one takes any offense. I'm from Southern California and sound like a stereotypical stoner saying things "dude" and "bro" all day long and curse a ton which I'm sure some peeps can't stand, which is understandable lol