• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which one are you picking up

• Ps5

Votes: 356 48.3%
  • Ps5 digital

Votes: 88 11.9%
  • Xbox series x

Votes: 100 13.6%
  • Xbox series s

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 124 16.8%
  • Ps5 and series x

Votes: 60 8.1%
  • Ps5 and series s

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Definitely PS5 day one, I'm a touch cold on the Series X, however my One X recently died in an underwhelming black screen of nothing, and 2 years (or so) left on Gamepass would make me toy with the idea of grabbing one as a replacement depending on price.
Already have money set aside for PS5 and could probably spare the same again, though it's a much smarter option to update my GPU instead.

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
None. Never bought a console during launch and probably never will. I'll wait for some good games first.

Rbk_3

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think I am not going to get one for a while. I think I will get the 3080ti instead and upgrade my PC

BC-2

Dec 3, 2018
Looking like PS5 digital for me but that depends on price of course. Assuming they're the same I'd get the one with the drive, no reason not to.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
PS5 DE for me. Since I am about 95% digital with PS4, I might as well just go Digital Edition. I also stream movies & TV content, so I dont remember the last time I used a bluray player. I also have my PS3 and/or PS4 Pro to consume that type of content if needed.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
My current plan is to get both PS5 physical and XSX on launch, but we'll see depending on price, features and launch lineup. There's still a lot of unknowns.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
XSX day 1. PS5 digital 2-3 years down the line.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
Dang. People are sleeping on the Series S.
If the rumors are true this will be THE ideal next-gen system for people who haven't jumped on board the 4k train.
Not to mention the impact of a looming Pandemic Depression...

gameguy682

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
It still depends for me. I'm already planning on a new GPU this year, so it depends on that. Then I want to know the next 6 months before I commit to buying one.

I'm currently planning on getting both (I'm assuming I'd get PS4 Pro/Xbox One X type upgrades with BC), but there are so many factors for me that I could end up not picking any up this year.

Out of both SKUs (for each console), I would pick the disc based one 100% of the time. The only way I would pick up a digital one is if Sony/Microsoft sold an external disc drive separately.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I want a new xbox, my first since the 360. Hoping series s will be the one. Also want a ps5.

Sia

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 9, 2020
Canada
I will be buying the ps5 likely to only play cyberpunk in for a while

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I'll get whichever PS5 model I can get my hands on at launch. Series X will be a later purchase, probably when mid-gen refreshes are out.

Oct 27, 2017
And this is why I'm telling people there's no way Sony charges $100 less for the digital version. People are already buying mostly digital now! You'll get a $50 savings and that's it!

I'm totally fine with that. I'm getting the digital version because I've been buying 95% digital for the past few years. I can easily make that 100%. "Saving" $50 upfront is of none importance, really.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
If I can manage it, PS5 with drive at launch.

Gonna keep my Xbox One X for a bit, probably till Microsoft's ramp into next-gen becomes a step.

C J P

Jul 28, 2020
London
Really want both - got an itch that only Halo's gonna scratch - but absent an amazing unannounced launch game I'll probably end up going for PS5 because I don't want to lose my digital library and they seem to have more to offer at this juncture. The timed exclusive stuff is shitty and anti-consumer and all that, and it's also another very good reason to get their console instead of Microsoft's. I will almost definitely get an XSX at some point mid-gen, likely in time for Avowed or whatever inXile are releasing.

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
It depends on the price of the consoles and if there are any good trade-ins. I will probably trade in my PS4 for a PS5 and my Xbox One X for a Xbox Series X...

civet

Jul 6, 2019
France
I'll probably wait a year or two to see where the games that interest me the most come out. I'll probably go for a PS5 at some point as most of the big titles will come out on both but Sony naturally tends to attract more japanese developpers.

If both consoles were getting the exact same librairies I'd go for a XSX just because it looks a lot nicer to my eyes, plus the extra power surely is appeapling too if it means more stable graphics in game.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
PS5 it's were the bulk majority of my library is so it makes more sense for me to go that way first. I'll probably wait to see how MS builds their first party before I invest in the Series X

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox and PlayStation are old news. It's all about the Intellivision Amico.

Khrno

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
None day 1.

It all depends when there are enough PS5 exclusives that interest me, around 6 to 12 months later is my guess.

For reference I'm getting a 3080 Ti or 3090 card this year day 1, and I will not get an Xbox.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At this point neither. It's pretty obvious covid torpedoed launch game development for both companies. Nothing really next gen is going to hit for a year post launch. I'll play Halo on my One X for free with gamepass and wait a year. Probably go Series X first unless Sony drops Bloodborne 2 fall 2021.

TortadeJamon

Banned
Dec 23, 2018
If Sony made another PSP/Vita, only with microSD cards as storage, I'd buy that. As for the two consoles slated to come out, no thanks... maybe when they put out some hardware revisions.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on the price difference between disk and digital PS5. If it is $50 then they can shelve it, I'm not giving up options for $50.