• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Better Duo?

• GOW Ragnarok + Horizon 2

Votes: 80 67.2%
  • Halo: Infinite + Starfield

Votes: 39 32.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2020
With the "leak" that Starfield is slated for 2021 say Xbox marquee 2021 games are Halo and Starfield vs PSHorizon and Ragnarok which duo do you prefer?

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'd be very, very surprised if GoW2 hits 2021. Just seems like the sort of early tease that inevitably jumps a year.

Now Horizon 2 + FF XVI - that seems like a more likely duo.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
As someone who enjoyed Horizon and God of War but didn't think either were great games, I think the sequels could easily improve on my issues with their first attempts.

I have less faith in 343i and recent Bethesda.

Is Hellblade 2 expected in 2021? Because I'm more interested in that than Infinite.

Also, PS5's real 2021 heavy hitters are Ratchet and FF16 :)

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For my tastes, it's Halo Infinite plus Starfield. But that's mostly because Bethesda games have always captivated me unlike a lot of games.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I'm more hyped for Infinite than anything else, because I've always wanted a Halo game with that classic Halo setting and an open-ended structure, but GoW Ragnarok + Horizon is definitely an enticing combo that I will absolutely play at some point.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like either of them, honestly. The concept of "Skyrim, but with guns" has never appealed to me in the slightest, and 343's take on Halo lost me two and a half games ago.

And as for Sony's side...eh. The original Horizon bored me so much I gave up about 8 or 9 hours in and never went back, and I really don't need more Dadventures with Kratos.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
We should probably see more of those games before trying to compare them.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
PC with Deathloop + GhostWire

I like God of War and BGS games, so i dunno honestly.

plow

Oct 28, 2017
Horizon + Ragnarok.

While i really like Fallout/ES games, i'm not into Space Setting. Also i don't care for Halo.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
I just don't know if Halo can turn it around, or if Starfield will actually come out in 2021.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Starfield and Halo because they're both coming to PC but also because any BGS game is just way more interesting to me than GoW and Horizon.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
If those all launch I have far more confidence in Horizon and and GOW being the best two, followed by Starfield.

May 27, 2018
We don't know anything about Starfield and GoW. We've only seen a trailer of Horizon, and Halo is being reworked. So, who knows?

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Based on recent output alone, I have much more faith in SMS + Guerrilla than I do 343 and BGS.

That being said, Starfield is intriguing as all hell provided it's not just diet Star Citizen.

Aug 12, 2019
I have no confidence in Starfield releasing next year (if it even ends up an exclusive TBH, I stand by if it's releasing next year it may be a multiplatform title) and Halo Infinite has mostly just made me more and more concerned with what I learn about the game and I don't have a whole lot of faith in 343 to get it right after the past decade of general attempts to make Halo work properly again (decent quality, but lots of missteps and struggles to get Halo 5 to a good place for example).

Mar 8, 2018
We have to say GOW + Horizon right now because those are known continuations of known games that were hugely successful. Infinite is almost as mysterious as Starfield at this point. We barely know anything.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
The sequel to two proven games from the same developer versus a game pushed out of its launch and a complete unknown.

I don't know how I could vote for the latter.

Lewpy

Oct 28, 2017
They showed a logo of GoW2 and era thinks it's coming 2021? Don't be so wet 😂

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Yeah, going to have to say, "Let's wait and see" since we barely know anything about any of these games.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
We haven't seen anything from starfield that suggests it will be ready 2021.

God of war also won't make it to 2021 eventhought the said it will

meenseen84

Feb 15, 2018
Minneapolis
I am going to predict that only Halo makes 2021. Considering how Bethesda announces games Starfield is possible, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Horizon could could be targeting 2021 but I could see it pushed to 2022 February 2022, 5 years later. I really don't believe GOW makes 2021.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Sales wise I don't think you can underestimate a Bethesda game but crucially the Sony games. You can guess the meta critic for both Sony games right now without even seeing them. The formulas are known. Halo is the wild card.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
I guess Halo and Starfield for me.
Not really that interested in any of these games though. Not a big halo or god of war fan, didn't like Horizon that much and I think Skyrim is the only BGS game I ever liked.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
To speak to Starfield being 2021... we literally won't know until it's basically due out. Bethesda really started announcing their games LATE and with a release date. Remember they announced Fallout 4 was a thing just five months before it came out (announced at E3 and came out in November).

They don't do the 'Coming 20xx' thing.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
For me personally, God of War and Horizon 2 is a bigger deal.

I still want Halo and am curious about Starfield, however — I hope that both pairings will be great.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
This thread seems to just be an invitation to platform war. Please enjoy all games on their own merit without dragging warz into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.