• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which classic Resident Evil should be remade next?

• Resident Evil Zero

Votes: 38 7.8%
  • Resident Evil (again)

Votes: 161 32.9%
  • Resident Evil Code: Veronica

Votes: 290 59.3%

• Total voters

Adathir

Oct 25, 2017
Code Veronica would be my choice. It was the last of the RE games that I enjoyed playing so I would love to see what they would do with it.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Code Veronica is worthy of a remake. Its gothic horror atmosphere is super cool.

People remember it as grey and drab but that's not entirely true. There are cool great moment that could be expanded like the castle thing.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Out of the 3 I would say CV but I would choose 4,5,6. They are really bad RE game and needs to remade IMO. Even though 3 kind of make me think they are heading towards the action route again anyway.
4 being "really bad" is nonsense. you might not like it, but it's one of the most highly acclaimed video games of all time.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
4 just needs a Halo 2 Anniversary upgrade where you can swap to a new graphics engine if you want but the core of the game isn't redone.

Oct 26, 2017
RE4.

Remake is already perfect and both 0 and Code Veronica are forgettable.

Just put a good ass budget behind RE4 Remake and it's easy money

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
4 being "really bad" is nonsense. you might not like it, but it's one of the most highly acclaimed video games of all time.
Don't 'get me wrong 4 is a great fun game but as RE fan since the mid 90s when I played it needless to say I was very disappointed. It felt like a new franchise with two RE character thrown in.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Don't 'get wrong 4 is a great fun game but as RE fan since the mid 90s when I played needless to say I was very disappointed. It felt like a new franchise with two RE character thrown in.
I couldn't disagree more, but that's perfectly fine. The idea that it needs to be remade because it's "really bad" when it's one of the most highly rated and beloved games of all time, though...

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Shoot, if they're all at the quality of RE2/3, give me as much as you can make.

Not sure why some are saying no more. They have multiple teams - we know they're working on RE8 simultaneously. You're kidding yourselves if you think they're going to stop doing remakes (especially RE4) lol.

Oct 27, 2017
I love this type of gameplay, but feel like 0, CV, and 1 have been redone to death or I have no interest in revisiting without MAJOR story changes. How about a new game done in the REmake2 and REmake3 style?

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I just want a remake of RE4, I just can't get myself to care about any of the other ones. However I think it should be Code: Veronica followed by Zero to line up with the original releases

mute

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
Since it is more or less obvious that the REHD style remakes are not going to be a thing anymore I've come around and thought what I would like most first is RE1 in the 2-3make style. After that, CV, 0, 4 any and all are fine to me.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Resident Evil 1, so that the trilogy is all in the same style. I wish they had a way to keep the music intact.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its okay if you didn't like it, but it was clearly not a bad game in need of a remake. I think you should be able to acknowledge that even if you didn't enjoy it.
I was saying it needs a remade to be made similar to RE2. Survival horror and tight gameplay at it's finest. Not suplexing every las plagas in sight. There are so many cool things they can do with those blind enemies and Regenrators.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Incoming remake of 0 Rebecca suplexing every zombie and hunter in sight. Billy drop kicking and power bombing Tyrant and frogs.

It can be the creepiest RE game of all time it done right. Capcom can also fix the plot holes and have it tie in better with RE1. A Resident Evil game set in the Arkaly Mountains has some serious potential.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Remake 1 again to cap off the perfect trilogy, then forget about remakes and just do new stuff.

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why some are saying no more. They have multiple teams - we know they're working on RE8 simultaneously. You're kidding yourselves if you think they're going to stop doing remakes (especially RE4) lol.
it's a thread about what we'd like to see, and i'd like to see multiple original games more than a remake of 4 alongside 8 (regardless of likelihood)

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I was saying it needs a remade to be made similar to RE2. Survival horror and tight gameplay at it's finest. Not suplexing every las plagas in sight. There are so many cool things they can do with those blind enemies and Regenrators.
Look, as I said, it's the idea that RE4 is a "really bad" game that is in need of a remake that I was countering. I don't like a lot of popular games, but I am perfectly aware they are good games worthy of their acclaim.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Part of me wants a fresh coat of paint, but a reimagining in survival horror sounds really enticing too. And we have the original game if I ever feel like suplexing a ganado.

Oct 27, 2017
Out of that list? 1. It's not about making ugly games pretty, it's about making them not play like ass in 2020 with fixed camera angle bullshit.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
arg-4-50-transuijtm.gif

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Code Veronica is worthy of a remake. Its gothic horror atmosphere is super cool.

People remember it as grey and drab but that's not entirely true. There are cool great moment that could be expanded like the castle thing.
The second mansion on Rockfort Island could look really cool reimagined. I think there were 3 mansions in the game overall. The first island alone has a lot of distinct areas and the arena where you fight Alexia with the hive tower could be great to see recreated. (And she starts flying...)

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be cool if they just made a new Resident Evil game that takes place in a more open Raccoon City, whether its a new Outbreak or a new original side game.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Even though it'll probably never happen, I would love to see another take on the original Resident Evil in the vein of RE2 and RE3 remakes. The atmosphere in RE1 is still the best out of the entire series IMO.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
There's about a two year difference between the REmake and Code Veronica, which would normally put Code Veronica in a more likely position to be remade, but I don't know if there's enough demand for that remake. But a total remake of Resident Evil 1 for modern days? Yeah, there would definitely be a lot of demand for that.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
If they do RE1 again, make it a first person fully playable in VR. The tight corridors and stronger horror focus of the first game I think make it the perfect candidate for a remake in the vein of RE7.

If Zero or CVX get remakes then continue with the RE2/3 style remakes.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
C:V has to be next. After that, RE4. And then after that one, we go back to the original Resident Evil again, and it shall be glorious. Imagine the mansion on next-gen (or maybe the gen after that) hardware, complete with ray-tracing and real shadows and shit.

my lord

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Even though it'll probably never happen, I would love to see another take on the original Resident Evil in the vein of RE2 and RE3 remakes. The atmosphere in RE1 is still the best out of the entire series IMO.
The mansion premise is overdone now IMO. (With 7 as well) Code Veronica has 3 smaller mansions in it (including a spencer one) but it has loads of other locations in it too. It also has many of the same enemies, hunters and more classic Tyrants from Resident Evil 1 and new monsters. Respectfully I don't really get why someone would choose 1 to remake (other than story and familiarity) when Code Veronica is so much meatier as well and yet still has room for improvement.