• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which one did you use?

• Channel 2

Votes: 18 9.5%
  • Channel 3

Votes: 144 75.8%
  • Channel 4

Votes: 28 14.7%

• Total voters

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Channel 4, represent.

Don't think i ever had a console with a Channel 2 option tho.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
3 was the French channel (Canada) when I was a kid, so no one gave a fuck about not being able to flip over to channel 3. It was perfect.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh fuck, what was it? I think it was Channel 2. That's the channel the Super Nintendo aired on.

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
Channels 2 and 4 were CBS and NBC, so I had to ride with 3. Only weirdos in weird places used channels 2 or 4

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I wanna say Channel 4 but I honestly don't friggin remember... I also don't think I ever used one that required channel 2 (Hell, the only systems I had that used channels were the SNES/Genesis, at least the others I was smart enough to use composite when I had a TV/VCR with that ability).

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor
HGoB.gif

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
We're dinosaurs reminiscing about when we ruled over the planet.

I think Channel 4 worked best for me? Pretty sure that's what I used sooo yeah.

EDIT: As a bonus my cable put Fox on 4. So the channel that aired the Simpsons and had Fox News to block over with something good!

Last edited:

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
28 was Nickelodeon and then Nick@Nite so 28. When I got a little older, I'd flip it to 29 when my mom wasn't in the room because it was MTV and it had all the awesome music videos.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Channel 3. Always channel 3. Channel 2 I could understand for some folks, but channel 4? What dark magic is that?

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
4. My parents had that one set for the VCR already and my consoles were on the same chain.

I switched over to composite with the N64, and finally learned what that AUX channel was for. I had a friend that used RF for his PS3, the madman.

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Channel 3. Everyone saying saying Channel 2 and 4 are blowing my mind because the thoughts never occurred to me.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
I should really go looking through for my old RF adaptor. It was like the HDMI switcher of a bygone era, except with a single input.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
03 motherfuckers. Kids just move along and listen to a new Chainsmokers or Ed Sheeran song or something; this doesn't concern you.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
BBC2 was pretty good, had TNG on in the evenings. I like ITV as they had Wrestling on Saturday afternoons. Channel 4 was better as I got older.