• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which Call of Duty Campaigns are Worth Playing? (current gen)

• Call of Duty: Ghosts

Votes: 29 7.8%
  • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Votes: 146 39.1%
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops III

Votes: 16 4.3%
  • Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Votes: 263 70.5%
  • Call of Duty: WWII

Votes: 94 25.2%
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

Votes: 221 59.2%

• Total voters

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
I dropped off Call of Duty at the tail end of the last generation. And there have been so many freaking games in this series that they have released, I don't even know where to begin. What is *really* worth it for the campaign? (poll added)

Call of Duty: Ghosts
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
Call of Duty: WWII
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Infinite War is the best one out of the bunch, I say its part of the trifecta of FPS greats that came out in 2016.
Next I would go with Modern Warfare.
Don't bother with Blops3

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
Ghosts and Black Ops 3 are pretty crap, the rest are decent. Probably IW > MW2019 > WWII

Didn't play AW

HotHamWater

Oct 25, 2017
Dorset, UK
Ghosts and BO3 are the worst of the bunch, imo. Infinite Warfare is pretty great, but also the shortest iirc, with slot of meaningless side stuff.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Advanced Warfare and World War II only honestly.

Modern Warfare's campaign was so boring and by the numbers compared to the original MW1 and MW2 campaigns.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Infinite Warfare is amazing. Almost Titanfall 2 level of good.
I really liked WW2, too. Was very positively surprised. If you have PS+ check it out

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Infinite by far has the best campaign of this gen. Also, aside from some very good levels MW2019 as a whole isn't better than the original game so I would also suggest re-playing MW 1-2 Remastered if you haven't played already.

Deleted member 1003

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not BLOPS3

DqBNs2-WwAEM6Ea.jpg

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
MW has the best campaign since MW2. Infinite Warfare is good fun.

WWII has only one brilliant level worth playing. Black ops 3 is dogshit. Ghosts is mediocre. And Advanced Wafare is meh.

NightmareT

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Advanced warfare and infinite warfare.

Both the best for me (I beat all of them except the latest modern warfare, 3 or 4 misions beat)

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Advanced Warfare is the best written campaign of them all.

The rest are just spectacle and explosions. Infinite Warfare has some really fun scenarios, setting and whatnot but holy shit is the writing dumb as bricks.

Camp1nCarl

Oct 25, 2017
I love and play all the CODs every year.

Infinite Warfare has by far the best COD campaign this gen. It's probably one of the better FPS campaigns this generation.

Modern Warfare is good, followed by Advanced Warfare. Ghosts and WW2 are okay, nothing special at all. BLOPS III was rough though.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Infinite Warfare, aka Mass Effect 4, is excellent and I love it. If people say MW2019 is that good I'll play that.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
advanced warfare is my personal fav. never could get into Infinite despite everybody swearing up and down by it

blops3 gets shit on but it's pretty fun. just don't anticipate making sense of the story

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Infinite, Advanced, and Modern

Maybe Ghosts, it wasn't bad just kinda rushed

Black Ops 3 is actually terrible and WW2 is boring

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Infinite Warfare is the best one I have played this gen, I really enjoyed it, and I wasn't expecting much going in, given how typical the SP is in most COD games.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Infinite Warfare is far and away the best one, one of the best shooter campaigns this gen imo.

Advanced Warfare is pretty good too if you can stomach Kevin Spacey. MW 2019 is in "it's fine" territory for me, not bad and has some high highs but I was expecting better.

WWII was a decent enough throwback, but plays it way too safe and feels pretty uninspired. Again, not an awful time but I was expecting more. I'd put Ghosts in the same tier, it has it's moments but it's just "okay" all things considered.

Blops 3 is arguably one of the worst CoD campaigns period, not really worth playing.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
I take it you haven't played Infinite Warfare this gen?
I have. I added it to my post.

Infinite Warfare has a really good setting and mission set pieces, but the writing and characters are absolutely atrocious. You have a villain who sucks. An enemy faction who is just evil for the sake of it for no bloody reason (it's propaganda levels of how stupidly evil the SDF is). Characters who change entirely at the flip of a coin ("I HATE ROBOTS!!!" *One Mission later* "THIS ROBOT IS NOW THE FUCKING GODFATHER OF MY CHILDREN FUCK ANY OF YOU IF YOU MESS WITH HIM!!!") and a hilarious end scenario where basically every one at sequence "dies heroically".

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I loved MW 2019 so I went and bought IW after a lot of people said it's good. I'm extremely underwhelmed. I'm also playing on PS4 while I played MW on PC so that might have something to do with it. It's just kind of boring, and it's so fucking hard to see the enemies it's actually pissing me off

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
Black Ops 3 is my favorite CoD game of all time, and one of my favorite games of all time, but I would never recommend the campaign. It is downright awful. Great for zombies though

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Infinite warfare and ww2.

Infinite Warfare has the best story by far, and is a short, but genuinely fun sci fi game.

The story on WW2 can be summed up as "Notice me Sargent Senpai." but it's gameplay, especially the squad abilities, make a very unique and interesting game. Also it's free right now on PSN+

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
First person shooters are so uninteresting to me now.
I played WW2 for some hours. It wasn't a bad time I guess, but I have little interest in getting back to it.
Guess I'll give infinite Warfare a try. Luckily that's the other Call of Duty I've managed to somehow acquire at some point.

Camp1nCarl

Oct 25, 2017
I have. I added it to my post.

Infinite Warfare has a really good setting and mission set pieces, but the writing and characters are absolutely atrocious. You have a villain who sucks. An enemy faction who is just evil for the sake of it for no bloody reason (it's propaganda levels of how stupidly evil the SDF is). Characters who change entirely at the flip of a coin ("I HATE ROBOTS!!!" *One Mission later* "THIS ROBOT IS NOW THE FUCKING GODFATHER OF MY CHILDREN FUCK ANY OF YOU IF YOU MESS WITH HIM!!!") and a hilarious end scenario where basically every one at sequence "dies heroically".
Absolutely fair criticisms 👍. SDF was literally laugh out loud corny. I would agree Advanced Warfare has the best writing this gen. I just personally thought as a whole package Infinite Warfare was a better experience

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Infinite Warfare is fantastic and probably my favourite FPS campaign this gen. Advanced Warfare is really good fun too.
Modern Warfare is less flashy and slightly less satisfying as a whole but it's got incredible visual and audio work and some good encounters.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Absolutely fair criticisms 👍. SDF was literally laugh out loud corny. I would agree Advanced Warfare has the best writing this gen. I just personally thought as a whole package Infinite Warfare was a better experience
That I can understand. I'll not argue anyone if they say they thought that Infinite Warfare was fun to play, cause it was. They did a good job of showing what fun you can have to mix things up in an FPS game if you put it in space and add a ton of sci-fi elements to it.

I will however fight anyone who tries to tell me that the story was any good cause goddamn if Jon Space Snow wasn't one of the most hilariously dumb villains I have seen in games in general. :P