• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Thread title

• Nintendo

Votes: 659 83.9%
  • Sony

Votes: 105 13.4%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 21 2.7%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
In an alternative timeline it would have been the CD-I, 3DO, Pippin or the Jaguar.

But in the current timeline it's obviously Nintendo.

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017
I feel probably Nintendo will be the first to get to an "American billion" (a billion is a million of millions, not a thousand millions. Yes, it was mainly to point this out that I came here hahah)
A billion hasn't been a million millions in the UK for a long time.
www.lexico.com

Dictionary.com | Meanings & Definitions of English Words

The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

Jan 4, 2018

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
Nintendo and it certainly helps when you've been around the longest and have had both handheld and home console going.

Misterhbk

Oct 27, 2017
at this point y'all just post shit to post shit.

answer to your question is very obvious. It's Microsoft.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly I think Nintendo might he the only one who does. The industry will probably fully transition from hardware to services before PlayStation makes it.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
The one who was on the market for like 10 years before any of the other options with a long line of both home and handheld consoles of course lol.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Nintendo has at least two generations of head start and the past "Nintendoomed" moments of time didn't slow them down enough to cancel out their generational advantage. Not to mention, pretty much non-stop success in their handheld platforms since the debut of the GameBoy.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Nintendo probably but I'm curious about the impact of handhelds. Not that they shouldn't be counted, but rather how the switch compensates from a topline units sold perspective. Bottom line wise I'm sure the consolidation + higher prices is good for profits too.

Wonder if theres an indexed chart to launch of switch vs. Prior console generations handheld home pairs.

Bashteee

Oct 27, 2017
None of them, it's Steam with Gaming PCs or Apple with iPhones alone. They sell like 200 mio. per year. It has custom hardware, well designed OS, enormous catalogue of games including classics like Chrono Trigger and supports Xbox and PS controllers.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
It's of course Nintendo they'll do that shit on the next console alone.

If you consider what's possible with cloud though, Microsoft has already won the race with xcloud being available on pretty much every device in the world with a web browser.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
It's a trick question folks, OP said "Microsoft" not "Xbox" so if we count PCs then.... /s

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Still rootin' for Sega with the come-from-behind victory.

IT'LL HAPPEN.

(it won't happen)

Joo

May 25, 2018
Should be allowed to include pc gaming cause Nintendo gets the game boy behemoths
Yeah, that would really make this comparison make sense and give us some good insight. MS gets a point for every PC sold regardless of the manufacturer because of windows, and everyone has played at least solitaire so these all are clear gaming platforms.

zzz

Oct 27, 2017
What an odd question.

Of course it's Nintendo. They're already at 1B if you include the Nintendo PlayStation consoles.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
Yeah, that would really make this comparison make sense and give us some good insight. MS gets a point for every PC sold regardless of the manufacturer because of windows, and everyone has played at least solitaire so these all are clear gaming platforms.
i have a few witty quips about this :-
- the wii was definitely more a just dance and yoga machine than a gaming platform. Even the smash community preferred the GameCube to it

- the joy of reaching the last card fireworks on solitaire is a gaming experience everyone should enjoy even at their 9-5

- even when you use a computer to "work" really you are just performing grind tasks to collect your stiped of Gil to pay back the mogul banks while dreaming of your next adventure. That's MMO AF

checkmate the gamers