• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
User banned (1 month): mod whining, hostility, creating a troll thread to modwhine. History of similar behaviour. Threadmaking privileges removed.
Naturals only

tenor.gif
The future of Era will be a cold humorless dystopia when even a harmless Simpsons gif can get you banned in a thread chock cock full of penis jokes.

spunodi

Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 week): mod whining, using an unrelated thread to troll about a ban https://www.resetera.com/posts/6357122 - Please review the FAQ for how to use the proper channels if you disagree with a ban.
So serious question, why is he banned?

Half of the people in this thread are making jokes ...
I'm glad this man is banned for his heinous misogyny and fatphobia, now the joke thread about birds with blue feet can feel safe again. When I first saw this post I started literally shaking
The future of Era will be a cold humorless dystopia when even a harmless Simpsons gif can get you banned in a thread chock cock full of penis jokes.

Seriously - this is mod overreach in a chilling way. Can we report the mod?

Dec 31, 2017
I prefer tufted titmouses.

lol a 2 week ban for this? In a thread that's a play on the word boob?

seriously. This is why we don't have as many funny threads as before. The board is going to only be bad news 24/7 and people borderline depressed/angry.

TrubbleFrog

Feb 23, 2018
User banned (1 week): Mod whining, backseat moderation. Please review the FAQ for how to use the proper channels if you disagree with a ban.
Hilarious he got banned for that while the first reply is literally just a youtube link to a meme. Where's the ban for drive by posting?

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I gotta agree that ban is too harsh. Like ok, you don't like it then put a warning or ban for one day. But two whole weeks? That's too harsh.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
I have to assume something happened behind the scenes that we don't know about or that poster has done a lot of things before. I don't like to complain about mods as it's their site their rules but that ban appears on the surface to be completely illogical

EDIT: I only just noticed the "didn't read OP" part so I guess I'm wrong in assuming something else happened. Seems more like the mod didn't read any of the thread and is confused about what the joke was. I hope there is some sort of oversight or double checking with these things as that's really unfair

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
seriously. This is why we don't have as many funny threads as before. The board is going to only be bad news 24/7 and people borderline depressed/angry.

This is quite intresting... and sad since a lot of people, I assume, come here since it is very inclusive compared to many other places, and then only read about sad and depressing news will get to you.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
doubt there is one, just means that having blue feet didn't affect their survival rate
There is one, OP posted it a couple posts later.
www.resetera.com

Which boobie is your favorite?

According to Wikipedia, it comes from their diet of fish, specifically the carotenoid pigments in the fish. It's an accurate sign of health and the color will fade if the booby goes without food for a couple of days.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

lazerface

Banned
Feb 23, 2020
User banned (2 weeks): Mod whining. History of infractions for hostility and dismissive behaviour. Please review the FAQ for how to use the proper channels if you disagree with a ban.
Downright embarrassing that a mod felt compelled to ban someone over a simpsons gif. Just wow...

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Death metal chicken, giant chicken, big fuzzy ball chicken..

Theres a lot more diversity in the chicken kingdom than I expected.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have to assume something happened behind the scenes that we don't know about or that poster has done a lot of things before. I don't like to complain about mods as it's their site their rules but that ban appears on the surface to be completely illogical

EDIT: I only just noticed the "didn't read OP" part so I guess I'm wrong in assuming something else happened. Seems more like the mod didn't read any of the thread and is confused about what the joke was. I hope there is some sort of oversight or double checking with these things as that's really unfair
I think they banned that poster due to the usual "boys club" nonsense, then kept reading the thread and seeing that they'd have to ban most of the people in this thread for the same harmless jokes, but it's really fucking difficult for them to admit they overreacted and unban someone here.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 month): Driving a thread derail with trolling and modwhining over a series of posts, dismissing sexism. History of similar behavior.
Naturals only

tenor.gif

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can one of you guys please report my post above, and ask for me to either be banned or get clarification as to why the other person was banned and I'm not? And why the other sexual innuendo is not? I'm cool eating a two week ban if necessary.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Can one of you guys please report my post above, and ask for me to either be banned or get clarification as to why the other person was banned and I'm not? And why the other sexual innuendo is not? I'm cool eating a two week ban if necessary.
You're brave. Good luck. I wonder if this thread will turn into an "I'm Spartacus" moment.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I'm willing to accept that mods can be overworked and what have you and if a couple of people reported the post they may have just auto piloted that one. It happens we're all just human.

I think what should matter is that if said mistakes are corrected.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm willing to accept that mods can be overworked and what have you and if a couple of people reported the post they may have just auto piloted that one. It happens we're all just human.

I think what should matter is that if said mistakes are corrected.
Agreed, just overturn the ban and move on. It was a silly joke in response to a thread about boobs, which then turned into a thread about boobs, asses, and cocks come on y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.