• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which of these Resetera favourites will be stricken from existence?

• Bloodborne

• God of War (2018)

• The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

• NieR: Automata

• Persona 5

• The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

• Yakuza 0

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played some of the games on this list, but it would be BOTW for me. One of the most miserable experiences I made myself suffer through due to the lack of anything else at Switch launch. I went in expecting to hate it, and it blew away my expectations at how not-for-me the game was

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Haven't played some of the games on this list, but it would be BOTW for me. One of the most miserable experiences I made myself suffer through due to the lack of anything else at Switch launch. I went in expecting to hate it, and it blew away my expectations at how not-for-me the game was

on the contrary, i would sacrifice every other 3D Zelda game to guarantee the existence of BOTW because i think they're not very good where as BOTW is very good.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I voted for Persona 5, even though ironically it's one of the few games in the list that I've actually played. I don't terribly cherish my memories of it, and I think it's the one that would impact others the least.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
The shit FOV in God of War took a game I probably would have otherwise liked and made me absolutely hate it. So I guess that.

Otherwise it would be Yakuza 0, since I have no interest in that series at all.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Persona 5 and BotW would be my top two picks. Didn't like either of them. Went with Persona though because I like BoTW's art style

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
I have 110 Smash threads on ignore because they really clogged up the front page. Definetely Smash, please add to the poll. It was hard to choose, but with Smash there it would be a choice with no remorse.
That's me with BOTW. I really like the game but every time I see a thread here with the title, it goes straight on ignore.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
game falls of a cliff after the first case

I've never understood this complaint about Persona 5. The first palace has one of the less interesting designs both visually & mechanically & is chock-full of tutorial segments that slow things down. From a story perspective, it's done reasonably well, but the idea of an abusive coach is pretty cliche & not nearly as interesting as some of the later scenarios.

For my money, the highlights of the game are the 4th & 6th palace scenarios. Both scenarios nail it with visual design, dungeon design, and narrative.
the 4th and 6th scenarios are Futaba & Sae, in case you don't have them memorized

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne, no question. We got enough good Fromsoft soul games, other titles offer more unique experiences.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nier Automata, I just want my 40 hours back

"It gets good after the intro"

"It gets good once you unlock more abilities"

"It gets good on route B"

"It gets good on route C"

"It gets good at the way end"

"It's good if you ignore the side quests"

"If you didn't enjoy it, that was supposed to be the point"

"It's existentialist."

I should never have listened.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
Yakuza Zero.

I love Yakuza games (currently playing Like a Dragon) but the gameplay of 0 didn't do it for me. Really didn't like the UI, especially during battles

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
Even if it just means it's everyone's second least favorite, seeing Yakuza 0 with the least amount of votes warms my heart

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Nier Automata, I just want my 40 hours back

"It gets good after the intro"

"It gets good once you unlock more abilities"

"It gets good on route B"

"It gets good on route C"

"It gets good at the way end"

"It's good if you ignore the side quests"

"If you didn't enjoy it, that was supposed to be the point"

"It's existentialist."

I should never have listened.

Quoted for truth.

Iori Loco

Nov 10, 2017
I think Bloodborne is a great game deserving a lot of praise, and don't really want the game wiped from existance, I just want it to be forever quarentined inside Bloodborne threads without ever leaking over every other discussion.

Many threads have become so monotonous and predictable when you know they are going to turn into a Bloodborne circle jerk. Best music, spookiest enemies/areas, best boss fghts, most satifying whatever, etc, etc. Surely people have played other games and want to discuss something they feel is very obscure yet very cool, but no, it seems that Bloodborne is the only game ever created.

Bing147

Jun 13, 2018

Why would you buy a system at launch when the only prominent launch game is something you expect to hate?

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
I've never played the Yakuza games so I'm gonna say that.

Restricting it to games I have played, bye Witcher. Didn't hook me.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I've played and loved every game on the poll. Except The Witcher 3. People act like it's the pinnacle of RPGs.
I love RPGs of all types, and I've tried The Witcher 3 multiple times, and each time I end up bored. It might have some good stories, but nothing about that game is actually fun. I just don't understand the praise.

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
BOTW if only to never having to read a thread about weapon degradation ever again. Besides, I get to keep my sweet memories of the game :)

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
Easily Breath of the Wild since it would have the benefit of bringing back classic 3D Zelda

(Also I could make Genshin Impact and retire)

Duty

Oct 25, 2017
TLOU is the most annoying thing in this forum, Yakuza 0 is not even close. Rigged

KazeSim

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've ever seen a poll on this site with so many options this close before lol.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Easy. Nier Automata did nothing for me emotionally. And I dislike the "multiple endings" approach.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I've never understood this complaint about Persona 5. The first palace has one of the less interesting designs both visually & mechanically & is chock-full of tutorial segments that slow things down. From a story perspective, it's done reasonably well, but the idea of an abusive coach is pretty cliche & not nearly as interesting as some of the later scenarios.

For my money, the highlights of the game are the 4th & 6th palace scenarios. Both scenarios nail it with visual design, dungeon design, and narrative.
the 4th and 6th scenarios are Futaba & Sae, in case you don't have them memorized

I just can't agree. Despite being cliche, as you noted, its done well, without making the teacher seems like a monster "out of reach" but a belieavable monster (olympic teacher with enough influence to shut complaints while he does his 'mundane' abuses). Its exactly for not being so big but still being big enough to be hideous that i respect the first case so much - its a believable monster, one of several lurking out there, one that is not threatening world order or the future of mankind, just a horrible human being making the smaller group of people near him very miserable, and it felt satisfying as fuck crushing him more than crushing any other "super duper villain intended to destroy earth/the universe" or whatever

While futaba's dungeon was visually interesting and her inner struggle interesting to go through i didnt felt the same hype i felt against kamoshida there, and the whole sae dungeon for me was a big disappointment, crowned with a very disappointing boss.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Persona 5 is already the weakest link in terms of quality compared to the other games in this list so..

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bloodborne. Might not be the worst game of the lot but it has the most obnoxious fanbase by far. That makes it an easy choice.