• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
I'll take any version

Wii Sports
Wii Sports Resort
Wii Sports Club.

The Masters are next month and I'm getting my golf itch.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I feel like Nintendo moved away from "Wii" branded anything, Wii Sports was very successful but it didn't do anything for Wii U. Nintendo would probably make a new IP that's similar.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo had been publishing titles that are kinda replacements for them, like the workout game a couple months ago, which shows those style of games arent their focus

Beamerball

Jan 16, 2018
This is the last game of the Wii/Wii U era that I need for the switch to be my fav console of all time.

I sunk so many hours into these games.

Also the golf in Wii Sports Resort is probably the best golf video game ever in terms of nailing the feeling of the swing, physics, and fun courses

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Like Brain Age and Wii Fit, it's a series that died a sudden and ignoble death.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Go Vacation
Fitness Boxing
Little Friends Dogs & Cats

These are the casual Wii-like games for the Switch, and i believe all three pubblished by Nintendo.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Gotta save the motion-driven, casual properties like that to help sell the upcoming dedicated VR unit, imo. The OG Switch is doing well enough without the "Wii Sports" hook. It's a perfect fit for VR though and it might as well be saved for their break in to that market.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Everyone begging for every single Nintendo franchise that ever existed on every Nintendo system gets grating after a while

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I rather miss the Mii branding completely. Outside of carryovers from previous versions of games (Mario Kart, Smash) and their use as a account icon, they're more or less gone.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo is publishing a few third party games that appeal to the casual market these days, like Go Vacation and Fitness Boxing, which kinda suggests they've moved away from making them in-house

That said they should really just release Mii Sports Switch or something, remove the Wii branding (most casual consumers won't notice) and basically just port the Wii U versions of those games

emphyrian

May 17, 2018
I would appreciate this, considering Wii Bowling will be played in my family for eternity.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo is strangely ignoring the 'Wii' titles. Wii Sports on the Switch would make for some fun office local multiplayer with my mates. The Switch is a good platform to revisit those IP.

They need to go all out on the content, though. Add a story mode or whatever or a hardcore mode for those who want a deeper experience.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I am curious to see how people would take to the rental model for these games that was present in the wiiU version.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Switch is 2 years old and will likely be around for another 4-5 years.

There is alit of stuff Nintendo can and will bring back in due time.

I would love a competent new Wii Sports type titles developed by EAD - those games were great.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I suspect that will be their next big E3 2020 theme game because of Japan hosting the Olympics that summer.

I'm hoping Switch sports does a crossover with Mario and Sonic.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
i want a new wii sports too.

still baffled at how silly wii sports club was tho. it was like someone ran an experiment to see how thoroughly they could gut wii sports system-selling power.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Yeah, Go Vacation is the closest you can get currently for Wii Sports-esque titles.

Semi-unrelated: Have you played golf story OP??

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they're waiting just a few more years until the kids who grew up with Wii Sports are old enough to be really nostalgic about it AND buy it for their kids.

But surely a Wii/Mii Sports for Switch would be a lot more successful than whatever they did with Wii U. I never got Wii Sports Resort, so I'd buy it for sure!

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
I'm at work and they're going to give a winning team time off to participate in a Wii gaming sesh. That's what non gamers know. The Wii. It's kind of weird but the Wii transcended gaming into casual entertainment.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like it could actually work as a big announcement. Would you call it "Switch Sports" though?

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I want Wii Fit Switch so bad.
Only reason my Wii U is still plugged in. I still use that thing every week, haha.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo seems to be happy letting 3rd parties develop them then market & publish them like that Sports game from BandaiNamco. They seem to do ok but don't really drive sales.

Their casual stuff are mostly in LABO now.

This is what the hardcore.wanted.

Beamerball

Jan 16, 2018
Go Vacation
Fitness Boxing
Little Friends Dogs & Cats

These are the casual Wii-like games for the Switch, and i believe all three pubblished by Nintendo.

The problem with those, especially in the case of Go Vacation, is that it's not really good especially compared to Wii Sports Resort. Go Vacation was originally a "rip off" of Wii Sports. I mean, the most control stuff is basically "waggle" as opposed to true motion controls like Wii Sports Resort. Even the physics are certain mini-games just aren't that great.
Just let me buy Golf and I'm good.

Same! That and bowling and I'm set. Just port over Wii Sports Club downloadable titles for the eShop.

I hope shovelware Nintendo is dead.

Wii Sports (and Resort) was anything but shovel ware. They're legit fantastic titles with solid physics, polish, and gameplay. Nothing else ever came close to Wii Sports even thought there was plenty of shovel ware that tried to cash in.

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
um...
Wii Sports can't work on Nintendo Switch. The entire game was designed around and for the Wii Remote.
Unless they're suddenly planning on making Wii Remotes compatible with Switch (which they can't), I'm not sure how you'd otherwise duplicate the experience.

Oct 28, 2017
um...
Wii Sports can't work on Nintendo Switch. The entire game was designed around and for the Wii Remote.
Unless they're suddenly planning on making Wii Remotes compatible with Switch (which they can't), I'm not sure how you'd otherwise duplicate the experience.
Joycons can replicate everything about the wiimote aside from the pointer. None of the games in Wii Sports relied on the pointer. Only the menus, which can easily be reworked.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Miis were a janky, goofy-looking mistake. If they bring something like this back, they ought to do it with real characters.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
We haven't seen any Wii games get ported to the Switch, so not sure why you are wondering 'where the hell' it is.

OP
OP
Soapbox Killer
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, Go Vacation is the closest you can get currently for Wii Sports-esque titles.

Semi-unrelated: Have you played golf story OP??

No but I've heard great things

um...

Joy-Cons would work but I like the feel of Wiimote better.

We haven't seen any Wii games get ported to the Switch, so not sure why you are wondering 'where the hell' it is.

It sold 83 Million copies. and I kinda just mean the franchise not so much a port of the Wii Game.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm wondering the same ducking thing. Just give me Switch Sports Resort and I'll be happy. Wii Sports Resort is the best casual sports game ever.