• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you want these games remade/remastered?

• Yes

Votes: 108 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • Whatever Todd wants

Votes: 40 22.2%

• Total voters

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
Like for real I want this to be a thing. Why isn't it? Is Bethesda just not interested in revisiting these games? I'm legit surprised it hasn't happened already.

Would you replay these games on current gen hardware?

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
you mean skyrim remaster? that's the only thing you could possibly want. sorry, not sure what you mean by fallout 3 or new vegas. do those exist? we only sell skyrim here. you have the wrong number.

Jan 4, 2018
I think this will happen ultimately. They just made Creation Engine 2.

Although my secret hope is that they remaster 76 with the CE2 in time for the TV show on Amazon Prime Video and the whole new audience it will bring.

Last edited:

Käebi

Mar 12, 2019
The same reason why there isn't a proper remake of Morrowind and Oblivion.

It would be as much work as just making a new game, and it would sell less.

Oct 29, 2017
They're in pretty good shape on Xbox BC with resolution and frame rate enhancements depending on the game. But I wouldn't say no to remasters with improved assets and bug fixes. I would say no to remakes because at that level of effort I would rather just have a whole new Fallout game.

Jamesbuc

Dec 29, 2018
Im honestly not sure a demand for remasters of those two (or Morrowind/Oblivion) is something thats ever really going to be on the cards? With all of the games already available via backwards compatibility on consoles and the PC versions being ironed out either through recent big patches (F3 losing the GFWL for example), there isnt really anywhere else to put the games.

The only exception to this rule is the Switch. I can imagine ports being made for the Switch but aside from that, I cant envision a place where its profitable or worth putting time and effort into overhauling something where the fanbase probably wont appreciate it or buy it.

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017

There's a team remaking New Vegas in the Fallout 4 engine. Haven't heard from them in a while, though.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
They just need to boost New Vegas with 4K, and then the 360-era ES and Fallout games will essentially be "remastered" already

Tyche-42

Sep 29, 2021
I think this will happen ultimately. They just made Creation Engine 2.

Although my secret hope is that they remaster 76 with the CE2 in time for the TV show on Amazon Prime Video and the whole new audience it will bring.
With the differences in the engine it wont be a remaster it will probably be a full on remake. Like theyd have the assets but theyd have to remake the world, quests, npcs, and logic again so itd be a lot more work. Fallout 3/NV are smaller would be way less effort to remake than 76 (and its also newer and doesnt need a remake as badly) so I could see one of the smaller studios doing 3 or NV.

Todd has made it clear that the main studio isnt going to waste time on remakes though.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
i know we'll get that new vegas sequel one day but idk about any remakes or remasters beyond what we got already. maybe next gen

EraLurker24

Feb 9, 2022
If they merged 3 and New Vegas into one connected package and incorporated maybe ~100 of the top mods that would be amazing.

Big Powder

Oct 25, 2017
I'd definitely take a remaster. Don't really want any remakes, but it would be nice for them to get the games running and maybe do a little extra bug fixing, make a new small DLC or something to give it that extra little push.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
I'm gonna speculate that they remaster (not remake) one or more of the games in time for the Fallout tv show. I could even see a complete Fallout collection release. I think the show probably won't be ready til late 2023.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
This is in the same category as valve games for me. It's literally money on the table. Hire another studio to do it.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
I recall Todd stating that one of the reasons he liked their games being backwards compatible and enhanced on Xbox One/Series was that it basically allowed them to be played like remasters but in their original state.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Like for real I want this to be a thing. Why isn't it?
Those games a put together with duct tape and trying to remaster them would be super difficult. Same with Red Dead 1. The end result would most likely be something akin to the GTA remasters.

This is in the same category as valve games for me. It's literally money on the table. Hire another studio to do it.
Valve games look so good that a game like Portal 2 doesn't need a remaster imo.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
I'm gonna speculate that they remaster (not remake) one or more of the games in time for the Fallout tv show. I could even see a complete Fallout collection release. I think the show probably won't be ready til late 2023.
My mind as well. Would be very surprised if they didn't drop something Fallout within 6 months of the series.

Though we're I a betting man, I'd sooner wager on them exploiting fan nostalgia through a New Vegas or 3 centred expansion to 76, rather than any remaster or remake content.

76 mightn't be setting the world on fire, but between consequential Gamepass subs, Xbox Live subs, Fallout 1st memberships, and further microtransactions, it's still a relative cashcow, that most importantly plumps up the metrics MS cares most about. Can only imagine that it'd be cheaper to build for 76, given tools are all already there, than to give 3 and NV a fresh coat of paint.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Those games a put together with duct tape and trying to remaster them would be super difficult. Same with Red Dead 1. The end result would most likely be something akin to the GTA remasters.

Valve games look so good that a game like Portal 2 doesn't need a remaster imo.

No way to play it on Ps4/5. It's not about making it look better.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
I think that Fallout 3 needs a remaster but honestly, what New Vegas needs is a sequel on the west coast.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'd put my money on it happening. It will make a nice stop-gap, as the next Fallout is years away.

I'd also like to see Fallout 1 and 2 get a proper remake. Those games definitely need it.

tokkun

Oct 27, 2017
When they did this with Skyrim SE it created a situation where most of the old mods didn't work anymore and mod authors were split on whether they should develop for the old or new version. Basically just made things worse on PC.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Aren't both games already 4k60 on the Series X and 1440p60 on Series S?

I'm not really sure they need remasters when the existing releases are already incredible to play by modern standards, and I can't help but feel like a remake of either game would be pointless and a complete waste of time...

I guess you could make the argument about mod support for consoles but otherwise I'm not really sure why they would need remasters

Paroni

Dec 17, 2020
Fallout 3 Remaster, but it has an added scene in childhood where you get "an old game" as a birthday gift and must finish Skyrim in-game to proceed.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Aren't both games already 4k60 on the Series X and 1440p60 on Series S?

I'm not really sure they need remasters when the existing releases are already incredible to play by modern standards, and I can't help but feel like a remake of either game would be pointless and a complete waste of time...

I guess you could make the argument about mod support for consoles but otherwise I'm not really sure why they would need remasters
No. New Vegas got FPS boost but no resolution upgrade. FO3 is 4k60 on Series X tho.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
I think New Vegas is ripe for a remake, because the negatives there are almost entirely aesthetic. The downside to that game outside of certain nitpicks, and certainly parts of the gameplay balance and the always-janky combat these games have, is it is just horrifying to look at, just horrifying. It's one of my favorite games ever but is just aesthetically repulsive, and it also was in 2009.

Give me a super good-looking New Vegas, with a super good-looking New Vegas City. Give me more robust-feeling combat that doesn't feel like my gun and the thing I'm shooting at barely even exist in the same game world. Keep the writing and gameplay depth otherwise intact.