• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 31, 2017
It even looks ugly with the smallest possible screen setting and a lower resolution

It looks like this

pixellated-famous-paintings-quiz-2-23298-1474901922-12_dblbig.jpg

When it really should look like this

chrono-cross-video-game-art-artwork-video-game-characters-feng-zhu-hd-wallpaper-preview.jpg

I just do not understand

Even if it ends up being kind of half-assed visually like VIII Remaster because they lost the source code, I'll absolutely take it over the original

Square Enix wyd

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Game still looks gorgeous, even in 4:3. Like Skyward Sword, its low resolution gives an almost painterly look (and no, not just the painting segments).

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Lost assets plus Square doesn't consider it to have the commercial potential of a Final Fantasy.

Also it's a terrible fucking game.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
The greatest JRPG of the PlayStation 1 era.

In my opinion. Please don't fight me.

A remaster would be awesome.

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
Should totally do a double pack of CT and CC in the style of Trials Remake. Would buy so fast.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Uh, it most certainly does not look like the OP claims.

But also, it wasn't a huge hit and had a mixed reaction from fans. I don't think it's going to be high on Square's to-do list.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
My fave RPG of the PSX generation.
The team moved on to do FFXI, which i still play. I think I'm ok with no remaster until SE can do it right.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
They should have Nomura make a Chrono Cross sequel and have him write a storyline that erases Chrono Cross completely from existence.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Guys I have an insane idea. Let's Remake every single game - ever. Literally every single one of them. And if any of them aren't remade, we ask where the *fuck* they are, because we need them NOW.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Let's talk about Xenogears instead. Please Square, at the very least let me play the original on my PS4.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The amount of Chrono Cross hate in here is stifling. How dare.

Selane

Oct 27, 2017
Guys I have an insane idea. Let's Remake every single game - ever. Literally every single one of them. And if any of them aren't remade, we ask where the *fuck* they are, because we need them NOW.
I like how they somehow managed to release two very good remakes nearly simultaneously and that still isn't good enough for people.

Vault

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
at the bottom of Squares list

Saga Frontier 1 and 2 first

JayBabay

Oct 25, 2017
California
The AI Upscale shots people were posting of this game in that thread were some of the best results I had seen. The games art style lends itself very well to the upscaler, looks very natural.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
A FF7R level remake would be boss, but even a Trials of Mana level remake would be cool. Any excuse to hear that soundtrack again.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Wondered how long the garbage posts would take to show up, 3 replies was the answer

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
I was never under the impression that this game was received very well outside of glowing reviews from most outlets. I don't know anyone else who really played (IRL). I really liked it, but it didn't really seem to catch on.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
I fucking love Chrono Cross and would adore a remake. I feel like most of the hate comes from people who wanted a Chrono Trigger 2 (which hey, I wanted that too!), but also managed to thoroughly enjoy Cross.

Just give me something Chrono, please!

Dlanor A. Knox

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Apr 6, 2018
The AI Upscale shots people were posting of this game in that thread were some of the best results I had seen. The games art style lends itself very well to the upscaler, looks very natural.

I hope that someday we can use custom textures with a PS1 emulator like we can already do with Dolphin, Chrono Cross would look incredible with AI upscaled backgrounds.

Vault

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
were the menus rendered at a higher resolution?

They still look really good now

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing good about this game is the OST and pre rendered backgrounds, it's a huge ass mess otherwise

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
On the trash heap, next to where the original Chrono across game is, right where it belongs.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
This is the most beautiful game ever made (and also possibly the best sounding too).

wsTrN8s_d.jpg%20

sXdACIl.jpg

WoOXa2Q.jpg

a69d39086069e4a1104dd05976571538.gif

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I feel ya. They've been AI'd...and they're beautiful.
Really bummed Square Enix keeps missing out on this tech (or willfully ignoring it???) for their remasters. Cross is a gorgeous game and deserves a second life.
FykhAN4.jpg

JZ3zIi0.png

kOmmPjW.jpg

C2rH5Ro.jpg

On the trash heap, next to where the original Chrono across game is, right where it belongs.

9fa91e8ea86c0d18f12d59a22c9eb7d7.gif