• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been waiting months/years now. They'd rather take off the store completely than put some sales on. Seriously though, what's the reasoning? Even 3DS gets sales still, yet Vita gets nothing? I'd buy a few PSP titles, let alone PS1 and Vita games.

Sony probably forgot Vita is Life

Oct 29, 2017
UK
They haven't been happening for quite some time. They will probably never happen again.

3DS only recently stopped getting actual support. So that probably has a year or two left.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Sony doesn't have the time to put Vita games on sale. Maybe. Probably.

JCADX

Oct 29, 2017
I remember a huge sale in 2019 where many japanese games were discounted, but nothing more.

dabri

Nov 2, 2017
I bought a ton of psp, vita, and ps1 games on sale for my vita and I still have more on my wishlist but I'm pretty sure those days are done. Pack it up. It was a good run.

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
someone in the other thread i think said it wasn't possible to do any more. sorry for the FUD i can't find the post

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Doubt there will be any sales for Vita anymore - not there have been any recently anyway, if there's anything you want to buy, grab it now

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Vita has been reduced to Remote Play machine. I wouldn't be surprised if the PS store on Vita stops working in few years.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
I was holding out until the recent web store announcement so I just bought everything that I had left on there.

Samiya

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 30, 2019
Sony is about to nuke the whole PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, and Vita titles off the face of the earth, so that's why.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I really want a Vita again but I'm scared that they will close the store and I won't be able to download my games anymore.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
This makes me glad I bought what I wanted in past sales.

Considering Sony can't be bothered putting new indie games on sale, I can't see Vita/PSP getting any more attention. Especially now that these games don't appear on the webstore.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Those sales are dead. So is the Vita.

I really hate what Sony has done to the Vita.

Zuko

Aug 11, 2020
My moms name is Vita and every time I see these threads I get a tiny bit confused until I remember Sony had a console with that name.

aceldama

Jun 8, 2019
Sony won't put digital PS1, PS3, PSP or Vita games on sale every again. It's shit, but it's become pretty obvious it what Sony have decided to do. They're telling devs with games on their current platforms they don't have enough time to put their games on sale and they're removing support from the webstore, they're making it pretty clear they won't be putting the effort in for their legacy platforms.

Oct 29, 2017
Xbox 360 weekly sales have evaporated to almost nothing, even as Microsoft rightly touts how great their BC is. I don't get it, with either Sony or Microsoft. Why not sell all the old stuff at fire sale prices? It's got to be better than just selling nothing at all.

aceldama

Jun 8, 2019
Xbox 360 weekly sales have evaporated to almost nothing, even as Microsoft rightly touts how great their BC is. I don't get it, with either Sony or Microsoft. Why not sell all the old stuff at fire sale prices? It's got to be better than just selling nothing at all.

1 sale at full price is better for them than 9 sales at 90% off. A lot of these older games will only be appealing to enthusiasts now so they wouldn't do big enough volumes in a sale. That'll be at least part of the calculation.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
Someone in the other thread mentioned that Sony has been blocking developers from putting Vita games on sale.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Considering the Vita store is about to be only accessible on the Vita, I highly doubt sales are gonna be a big thing for it in the future.

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
i think sony assumes that most people shopping for vita games are ride or die

i say this as a person who recently bought final fantasy tactics and tactics ogre on the vita store

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
From what some indies I follow on Twitter have noted, Sony literally outright bans discounting of Vita games unless it's a crossbuy title with PS4... Then the PS4 version gets priority for the discount (you'll still get the vita version with it). Apparently this was around last year or so.

Early in the year in Japan at least, there was a decently sized PSP/Vita sale and I got both rockman dash games for 300 yen each on the JP store, but that seems to have been the final major sale I bought from

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
From what some indies I follow on Twitter have noted, Sony literally outright bans discounting of Vita games unless it's a crossbuy title with PS4... Then the PS4 version gets priority for the discount (you'll still get the vita version with it). Apparently this was around last year or so.

I knew it!!

6c6.gif

Last edited:

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
Keep up the good fight, brother.

It's been painful this year seeing literally nothing going on with Vita sales. Golden Week especially hurt.

Edit: Is there a list anywhere of games that'll become inaccessible for purchase once the web store is gone? There's Vita stuff you literally can't find on the Vita's own store, right?