• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My personal favorite, though it didn't advance you very far

MOONBATH

OP
OP
Dr Pears

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
I remember when my friend and I discovered that - it was an excellent day. I'm still very proficient at being able to type ;!;!;! very quickly, a skill that serves me zero purpose.
Awww mann to this day I have never played the original Sims legitly. I was all about that ;!;!;!;! life back in the day!

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
How about this one :
images

Serious one :
FLYING DUTCHMAN

Don_Tombery

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
One of the weirdest I remember:
(although I had to refresh my memory via google):

- give your save game a specific name
- pause game
- press and hold all C-Buttons, L, R, Z, and left on the D-Pad
- move the analog stick half way left (use help by a second person or your nose) and hold until you hear a sound
- move the analog stick half way right and hold until you hear a sound (still holding all buttons)
- repeat in left direction
- repeat in right direction
- repeat in left direction

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
OK, it's not the first cheat of this type in the thread, but I've memorised this one for years:

step left
step right
step left
step backwards
step forwards
spin three times
jump forwards and do a mid-air flip

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
This one made me laugh when I saw it in Games Master magazine as a kid:

KATRINA HAS FARTED AND ITS A BEAUTY

Tayaya

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
That would be Street Fighter II Turbo on SNES. Lets you crank up the speed up to 10 stars.

And mine : Up, X, Low, B, L, Y, R, A

Yep! That code actually goes back farther than that, though. In the original Street Fighter II on SNES, you could use that code to let both players pick the same character, Champion Edition style. This was, for some reason, NOT a standard feature of the game (but then again it wasn't in the original arcade release either, so I guess locking it behind a code let the purists have their game too).

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Easy one, but is the first that comes in mind...
IDKFA
EDIT:
Lol it was on the first page... :D

Neilg

Nov 16, 2017
IBETYOUCANTPRINTCUNT

this one actually eluded me at the time in magazines as they asterisked out the last word and I tried to ask my dad what it was supposed to be. They were right, and I didn't get to use the code until years after.

OP
OP
Dr Pears

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
Here's 2 easy to remember ones from the same game

1. up up down down down down down down down down down
2. down down up up up up up up up up up

Hint:
The first one is for a blue character and the second is for a red character.

Last edited:

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
IBETYOUCANTPRINTCUNT

this one actually eluded me at the time in magazines as they asterisked out the last word and I tried to ask my dad what it was supposed to be. They were right, and I didn't get to use the code until years after.

Carmageddon.

Face north on the compass. Hold L1+L2+R1+R2+Up

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017
GABBAGABBAHEY
Z Z Z Z Z B A A A A Up (This one is an N64 port, since that's the version I played)
BUDDAMUS