• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
Hey guys! Let's play a little game. We all know that cheat codes have become a thing of a rarity in gaming nowadays, so let's play a little game to reminisce the good old days and appreciate cheating in videogames!

Here are the rules:

1. Post a cheat code from any video game. It can be a phrase, a code, a button input combination, etc.

2. Other members have to guess what game that cheat code is for, and what the cheat code does! Then they offer a cheat code of their own!

Additional rules:
1. No cheating! I know this is a thread to appreciate cheating but try not to google the answer cause that ruins the fun!

2. No Konami code, because duh that cheat code is for every game ever.

So I'll start with these 2 easy ones.

1. klapaucius
2. EEL NATS

What games are they from and what do they do?

Tart Toter 9K

Oct 25, 2017
Is #2 from one of the ps1 spider-man games?
Can't remember what it does if it is!

Mine is also very easy:
IDDQD

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Don't know #1. But #2 I know what it signifies. Is it from Spider-Man on the PS1 and does it unlock all suits or comics or something?

Here's mine: B A R R A L

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Had to use Beweareoblivionisathand so many times because I didn't have a memory card for my borrowed copy of Turok 2

ThatMonocle

Jan 12, 2019
I was always a fan of inventive cheats. Such as:

In Sound Test play songs 19, 65, 09 and 17 in order. Then go back to the title screen and press A and Start together.

Nov 5, 2017
Here's one I still remember due to the amount of times I used it:
R2 R2 L1 R1 Left Down Right Up Left Down Right Up

rzmunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this is counted as a cheat code as you enter this into a console but it should be pretty easy.

Code: TGM

Here is an actual cheat code:

YELLOW, YELLOW, L TRIGGER, UP, BLUE, BLACK, BLUE, YELLOW

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
I got one I think I'll never forget

press and hold C up, C right, C down, C left, L, R, Z and Left on the d-pad control stick left halfway until you hear a sound, then right, then left, right and finally left

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Donkey Kong Country, right? Was it 50 lives?

Yep! Right on the money... or 1up balloons as it were.

Here's one I still remember due to the amount of times I used it:
R2 R2 L1 R1 Left Down Right Up Left Down Right Up

This reminds me of a code in GTA: San Andreas, which gave you full health and body armor any time you used it. I can't recall if it's the exact one, but I remember it using the shoulder buttons and an either clockwise or counter-clockwise selection of inputs on the D-Pad. Regardless, I used that code I'm thinking of like crazy. haha

ekim

Oct 26, 2017
Step forward,
Step backward,
turn 360 degrees three times,
jump forward/backward.