• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

prodyg

Oct 28, 2017
Its a must buy for me, its been a must buy since MS showed it at E3 last year. It also looked great on MS showcase a few months ago.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Nobody arm-twisted them into making this, though. Probably a better use of their creative talent since it's taking up the challenge to make a game outside their usual comfort zone.

Decisions on which game to make, or not are typically made by a handful of executives, not the studio as a whole. So while no one twisted their arm, that leaves a lot of folks working on a game that in my opinion, isn't a very interesting project.

I also don't agree with the idea that this is outside of their comfort zone. The Crossfire team won't be funding this because they believe Remedy are a risk. Remedy make games that are ultimately, third person shooters, and the transition to making the campaign of an FPS is absolutely, inside of their comfort zone. If anything it sees them reigned in creatively.

This is just my opinion though. Obviously for others the project might be more interesting but for me, CrossFire itself couldn't look any more dull.