• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking only for myself, it's not on any platforms I own or have any intention of buying, so I basically just don't remember it exists at all until it gets mentioned like this.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, it's one of those things noone was really asking for. At least not outside of Korea. I guess.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
The news that the campaign is actually part of a Battle Pass left me confused enough to temper my interest.

The CrossfireX campaign will be available in a Premium Battle Pass at launch in addition to a variety of modes in the free to play multiplayer experience.

Dhruvenator

Aug 29, 2019
Yes! I truly believe it'll be shown soon prior to the series X launch. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a holiday game

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Remedy is only doing the single player campaign. The game itself is a port of a Korean F2P multiplayer game from 2007 by Smilegate. Maybe I'd feel hype if it was an original IP by Remedy. Xbox exclusivity kills any remaining interest.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably just wait until all the episodes are eout before I give it a bash so the hype isn't there quite yet, that could be awhile

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Not a fan of shooters, I would try for Remedy but it won't be at Game Pass...

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what you expected.

It's not being promoted much and we haven't really seen a lot of gameplay.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
It's not their IP, it's a tacticool military/mercenary/whatever FPS and I reckon it'll inevitably stifle Remedy's creativity a bit. Even if that Smilegate fellow evidently is a fan of their work, Smilegate will likely want to be holding the reins here. Although there does appear to be slow motion powers, so that's nice.

It'll probably be a pretty decent, technically proficient Call of Duty action thing that'll be better than it has any business being for what's kind of a single player add-on to a multiplayer franchise that's been super successful for years. It shouldn't exist at all, really. it's a weird thing.

And I can't really care about it since it's apparently Xbox only and I'm not sure if or when it'll come to PC.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like Remedy and I don't like what I've seen from Crossfire, so zero hype here. It would need more than good reviews to convince me it's worth buying and not just a tacked on mode and if it's only part of some Battle Pass - and not standalone - the chances of me ever being interested are near zero.

xabbott

Oct 28, 2017
Florida
Its hard to get hyped for it when MS, Smilegate, and Remedy have been silent on it. They announced this way too early like it should mean something and outside of a small beta that didnt get favorable coverage we just dont have much to work with.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Single player campaign for a decade old Korean f2p shooter doesn't sound very appealing to me, honestly.

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Isn't this gonna be on Game Pass? Or am I misremembering? Anyway, looking forward actually, but, yeah, need to see more.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Remedy being bankrolled into making a campaign mode for a soulless free to play military shooter doesn't appeal to me. It's a waste of their creative talent.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I know nearly nothing about the game. What exactly is there to be hyped about? While I generally like Remedy, I'm not going to say every one of their titles has been revelatory.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The game has a really bad title. It always makes me think of some app.

Hype will probably come once we actually see some proper gameplay

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
The name is generic as hell to me, and while the game is popular in some regions, it's a franchise I wasn't familiar with til this campaign was shown off.

I love remedy, but I'm not expecting them to blow me away with this given the larger franchise they're dealing with. It's like when a super talented indie director directs a big budget Disney film... it's still pretty good, but it's never as interesting as their own stories.

Clearly I could be wrong with this one, but I just am not anticipating Alan Wake/Max Payne/Control-quality stuff.

OP
OP

Deleted member 46804

Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Here's a good write up on the game. - https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertain...ring-a-multiplayer-shooters-story/ar-BB17y6LX

Super important to note that Remedy is being given a lot of creative freedom with the project. The multiplayer and Remedy's campaign use entirely separate engines. So this is a totally separate from the multiplayer development and game. They've all but confirmed the game having an in game Remedy TV show. The game will be Remedy through and through.

OP
OP

Deleted member 46804

Banned
Aug 17, 2018
The name is generic as hell to me, and while the game is popular in some regions, it's a franchise I wasn't familiar with til this campaign was shown off.

I love remedy, but I'm not expecting them to blow me away with this given the larger franchise they're dealing with. It's like when a super talented indie director directs a big budget Disney film... it's still pretty good, but it's not likely to pique my interest in the same way their original stories do.
I think it is important to note here that they are pretty much working with a blank slate. They don't have to account for previous stories or lore like you would with a Disney/Marvel property.

Patsy

Jun 7, 2019
Germany
Isn't it a military shooter? Even one of my favorite studios - in this case Remedy - making it doesn't excite me. It's just not something I like or would like to support.

Duck-Zilla

Feb 21, 2018
TIL about CrossFire. Never heard about that game before and I used to be a pretty big fan of Counter-Strike all the way back to Counter-Strike Beta 7.1 (~2000) I remember seeing the Xbox trailer about CrossFireX and though it was a COD spinoff by Remedy. Also seems it's going to be f2p. We still haven't see any gameplay out of it. Kind of hard to be hyped lol

OP
OP

Deleted member 46804

Banned
Aug 17, 2018
TIL about CrossFire. Never heard about that game before and I used to be a pretty big fan of Counter-Strike all the way back to Counter-Strike Beta 7.1 (~2000) I remember seeing the Xbox trailer about CrossFireX and though it was a COD spinoff by Remedy. Also seems it's going to be f2p. We still haven't see any gameplay out of it. Kind of hard to be hyped lol
Added a gameplay preview video from IGN to the OP.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I am personally hyped and will play on XSX for sure. The game looks amazing and Remedy´s participation is just the icing on the cake.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I loved Control because of the main protag, the atmosphere, sick weird-fiction Twin Peaks story and lore. Also powers.

This is just like Call of Duty. I've played a lot of CoD campaigns.

OP
OP

Deleted member 46804

Banned
Aug 17, 2018
I loved Control because of the main protag, the atmosphere, sick weird-fiction Twin Peaks story and lore. Also powers.

This is just like Call of Duty. I've played a lot of CoD campaigns.
This is not just Call of Duty. Super powers, mutants and Remedy. Don't doubt Remedy. Remedy doesn't play it straight with their stories and gameplay.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I mean, I will play it yeah. I like Remedy. All I can think of is that cover of X Gonna Give It To Ya, though

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Feel like MS should get behind a true exclusive like this more if it's good and actually coming out in 2020.

I forgot this even existed until this thread reminded me.

Oct 28, 2017
The Control GOTY edition controversy has killed my hype for anything Remedy so gonna wait a few years for the bargain bin (as it's not Game Pass).

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Remedy being bankrolled into making a campaign mode for a soulless free to play military shooter doesn't appeal to me. It's a waste of their creative talent.

Nobody arm-twisted them into making this, though. Probably a better use of their creative talent since it's taking up the challenge to make a game outside their usual comfort zone.

OP
OP

Deleted member 46804

Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Feel like MS should get behind a true exclusive like this more if it's good and actually coming out in 2020.

I forgot this even existed until this thread reminded me.
It is surprising to me as well. Maybe it will be one of the games the press shows off soon as part of the current press/YouTuber thing they have going on. Also important to note that I believe this is a timed exclusive. I think it will be coming to PS5.