• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
It seems to be the one port of all the recent FF Ports and Remasters that has yet to receive any news or updates since its announcement last year!

What gives?

Its the one game I was most excited to play again next to FF12!

Are they holding it for E3?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
They've released three FF games already, and have two more to release this month

Give them some time to get the rest of the games out

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
It was only said to be coming out sometime this year. That's still a lot of time it could release in.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Crystal Chronicles? The one with the pot? And the GBA link cable connectivity?

Why would anyone remaster that?

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Audience: "We want a remaster of Crystal Chronicles JUST like how we remember it!"

Square: "Hold my bucket."

OP
OP
DrROBschiz

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Was one of my favorite games from the Gamecube era despite needing all of those accessories and the DS games never really captured its magic since they opted for lower budget and lower quality gameplay

Really looking forward to playing this with friends with less cumbersome setup!

I really miss co op rpgs like from SE and they kind of struggled recently with the 3DS FF Explorers and FF15's co op mode...

Secret of Mana and the original Chrystal Chronicles are the best examples I can think of at the moment

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really debating contacting nintendo to update my online account to a family account and buying two copies of this one, unless couch co-op is a thing.

This is exactly the type of game I want to play with my son, and I hope SQ and Nintendo make that possible.

Jake2byFour

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really debating contacting nintendo to update my online account to a family account and buying two copies of this one, unless couch co-op is a thing.

This is exactly the type of game I want to play with my son, and I hope SQ and Nintendo make that possible.
I really don't know how couch co op would work seeing as you needed the GBA to see your own stats and what not.

OP
OP
DrROBschiz

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
I never got to play this due to all of the requirements... really hoping they add local wifi multiplayer as an option!

thatjesushair

Mar 21, 2019
It looked pretty framey when it was revealed. Hopefully they're just working to make it better.

But we are talking about Square...

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Going by the average Square development cycle... In about ten years or never.

OP
OP
DrROBschiz

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Its just been what I feel like a LONG time since announcement. Especially for what was pitched as a remaster.

Then again it does seem like significant changes needed to be added to the game so Im hoping to see it shown again at E3 this year

Do we know if Square Enix is doing a presser again this year?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
If I had to guess they announced it early and building online for a game that didn't have any is taking more time then expected.

Deleted member 34711

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Take some extra time and improve the game.

If they don't have single Switch local co-op, I will be extremely disappointed.

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Any ideas how they would do single screen (PS4 or Switch) for the secret goals of each player? Seems like either phones or will have to be online/multiple Switch.

is this game co op only or can you play it single player?
Yes, but you don't want to do it single player. Online at the minimum. Couch-co op is best.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think theres a "make port" button?

Old games were not made to be remastered or remade or rereleased. Each one is like a competely different Pandoras Box of random difficulty, then consider the team involved and their resources plus budget.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Eh, I can wait for it. To be honest, the game was always rather average from a gameplay perspective (its sequels while not great, were actually better). I'm sure online will fix some of the issues but I just need to see how much.

I'm mostly getting it for the GLORIOUS opening song.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Let 'em take the time they require.

This may be the CC sub-series' last chance at a revival to see if it can hang in today's world. Might as well do it right!