• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't watched a Robin Williams film since his passing and I heard from a friend that the Hook 4K Blu Ray is excellent.

I remember finding the film to be absolutely magical when I was young and was surprised years and years later that critics especially loathed it.

I'll revisit it regardless, but what did ya'll think of Hook?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
the fat kid rolls down some stairs and knocks over some pirates

its a classic

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never liked it, even as a kid. I just thought it was corny as hell.

Any given person's opinion of it will be greatly influenced by how much they enjoy Robin Williams in general.

Oct 26, 2017
"What would the world be like with Captain James Hook?"

I have such fond memories of this movie. I'll fight anyone who badmouths it.

Addi

Oct 25, 2017
I love it, especially the John Williams score.
I did rewatch it recently though, and it kind of ruined it a bit. Nostalgia and all that.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
And dammit, now I have that song "when you're alone" stuck in my head, and I'm going to start crying.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
It's a fantastic movie and anybody who is down on that third act is both downright miserable and comically bad at analysis to miss the point of the whole movie.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Love this movie.

It's up there with Back to the Future 2 and Jumanji as movies that I adored as a child and was surprised to find out later than they weren't super well received.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
I never saw it until I was in my 20s. It was pretty disappointing. My wife loved it as a kid and that's why we re-watched it. I think she was a bit disappointed that her childhood memories didn't quite hold up, but I don't think she hated it.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely loved it, I remember my mom and I actually watched it twice the night it came out.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_nohh18daSM1un2nkdo3_500.gif

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I just watched it the other day and still love it, but it's definitely easy to see a few cracks when you're looking for it.

Like the some if the sets being super obviously sets (the the pirate town where it's just white and foggy where the walls are),and that weird Tinkerbell kiss scene.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
I loved it as a kid. I hated that they killed Rufio. That was pretty fucked up.

I tried to watch it with my kids and they thought the film was kinda dark. It also takes a long time to get to the fun parts compared to modern family films.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely love Hook. Entertaining, quotable, fun but yes kinda dark lol. Boo box and Rufio dying.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RUFIOOOOOOOO

It's a masterpiece. Even if as a kid I'd fast forward past everything until never land.

junk

Nov 1, 2017
I never liked it, even as a kid. I just thought it was corny as hell.

Any given person's opinion of it will be greatly influenced by how much they enjoy Robin Williams in general.

lol ditto. I haven't rewatched it since it came out. The love it gets is weird to me because I remember the feeling as a kid how lackluster it was. Ofc, I love Spielberg and Robin Williams but Hook is kinda lame.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
it is a great movie. i was 10 when this released, totally loved it. there were also action figures, i remember i had two or three of them :-)