• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ImaginaShawn

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want RE 0, RE 1, and RE 4 all remade in the current engine, then maybe I can play them all the way through.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
As long as they make good games and they're fun I don't mind them. RE2 Remake was different enough to be unique, so I would enjoy more of these games.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
1 is so flipping good that I wouldn't say no to another remake of that. FP mode preferably but whatever works

But after that they need to stop. CV isnt good, re4 is fine as is and after that there's nothing

Oct 27, 2017
SoCal
I really dislike playing Code Veronica, so that one definitely needs a remake. Especially since the storyline and characters are great, and the locales have a ton of potential. For RE4, Capcom just needs to buy the rights to the HD mod once its complete. I really don't feel 4 needs to be touched beyond that.

I wouldn't touch RE5 or 6 unless they want to update the partner mechanics in 5 so that solo campaign isn't a complete pain in the ass to deal with. I was rudely reminded how abysmal 5's partner is when I played the Switch port demo at E3 and lost when my AI buddy decided to run into the enemy Majini.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
It would be weird if they remade RE4 IMO, it already feels like a modern game... where as, at least RE1 and 2 feel like properly classic PSX games. I never played 3 so I don't have an opinion on it being remade. My impression of RE3 at the time was that I could use a break on Resident Evil, and the wait from 1999-2005 was adequate for me.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
Give me RE1 and RECV and I am personally ready to move on.

RE4 and beyond were different enough with different design and enemy types that they are good for what they intended.

At this point they have new models for Chris & Jill so I kind of expect RE1 to get the third person camera remake.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Code: Veronica is where it should end. RE4 is so perfect that I think anything else would make the game lesser in comparison
I'd still play it though
RE1 should be untouched. That game is still pretty damn to close the current RE Engine from a graphics standpoint. BUT i would play it again if it were to happen. RE:0 could use the remake treatment to make it a bit better and possibly have a cool co op mode maybe.

Now if we're talking about remaking RE outbreak games though....remake your hearts out!

Last edited:

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Remake Outbreak file 1 and 2. Assets, Raccoon city, and engine is already in place. Makes so much sense after the work on re2 and 3.

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
They should stop after CVX, 4 should never be remade imo. It would be more interesting to have a alternate branch of the story that doesn't lead into 5 and 6 if they want to continue in this style.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
Code Veronica.
Everything else already got a remake or isn't that old to begin with RE4 introduced that over the shoulder gameplay so i don't see how they are going to make it fresh without being pretty much the same thing with better graphics.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
Code Veronica seems like the obvious one. After that, maybe consider either a remake/reboot of Outbreak.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Code Veronica should absolutely be done. I'm still unsure on 4: on one hand it's perfect, on the other, I really want to see what they would do to it.

Andalusia

Alt Account
Sep 26, 2019
Wouldn't mind RE:0, RE:CV and RE:4 but they need to take a little bit of a break or else we could get up having the same fatigue we did with the original run and that's what lead to the messy games at the end. Maybe release another one mid-way through next gen just so they feel like noteworthy games and not just yearly releases. Doubt that will happen though, RE2REmake was such a success and RE3 will be no doubt as well that CAPCOM will milk them while the iron is hot.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Code Veronica. The remasters are good enough for 1, 0, and 4. 5 doesn't need one and 6 I'm ambivalent about, they'd need to make an entirely different game to get me interested in it.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
RE1 needs to happen next, RE4 isn't RE.

The mansion with this engine.... 👀

RE1-3 were the best RE games before 7 hit, so it makes sense.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I think they should stop here at 3.

3 makes sense because it's pretty much the last main RE game you can't play on modern platforms. 2 made sense for that reason and because it's such an iconic game.

I think CV should've had a quick-n-dirty remaster to PC and current gen consoles a while ago but whatever. I feel like not enough people care about CV and 0 to justify remakes on the level of 2 and 3.

RE4 needs a reskin like Halo Anniversary but that's it. The series should be done.

I guess I'd be fine with this. Its gameplay is technically dated, but I don't think anyone today could make a totally new game that's better.

After that though, it's time to move on to RE8. Maybe Capcom's waiting till next gen is in full swing to do that.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do every RE game that is currently only playable with fixed camera angles in the new RE2 style
I can't do the fixed camera and weird controls so I've never played through 1, 0, or Code Veronica before I would personally love it if they got the new RE2/3 treatment

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
With 3.

What else can be done to 4 except a graphical overhaul?

Alright, 4. Maybe. But honestly 4 is perfect as it is 15 years later imo.

ChoklitCow

Oct 27, 2017
Muncie, IN
Never stop. Run through all of them and then start all over again. Give me the Survivor games in 4k. Give me RE4 with better controls. Ignore 5 and 6 ever happened. Make more in VR like 7. Give us updated Outbreak games now that more people have online connections.

Cabal

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I would love for them to remake 1 with over the shoulder. Code Veronica, I guess(not my favorite RE game) and if they dropped 4 in this engine it would be jaw dropping I'm sure. Otherwise I think 5 and 6 don't really need to be revisited yet