• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Where do you get your gaming news apart from ResetEra?

• Gaming Websites

Votes: 135 26.9%
  • Mainstream Websites

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Social Media

Votes: 53 10.6%
  • Twitter & ResetEra Only

Votes: 180 35.9%
  • Twitter, ResetEra, Reddit

Votes: 131 26.1%

• Total voters

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I subscribe to several magazines - PC Gamer, Retro Gamer, Edge, Nintendo Force
I also have a few websites bookmarked - RPGamer, RPGFan, RPGSite, Nintendo Life, GameSpew, Videogamer.

But honestly my gaming news comes 100% from ERA. These other places are for me to look up reviews of games, and just because I love magazines is the reason I subscribe to so many. They have scoops sometimes, but I like reading, you know, a real actual paper magazine sometimes lol.

I don't know of any great news sources for gaming other than ERA. It seems like everything relevant is posted here within seconds and I love it :)

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
This is pretty much my only source of information. I follow a few developers on twitter, but that's not really for news and more for insight into how they design games the few times they actually bring up the subject lol.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
PC Gamer, RPS, Eurogamer, and a few YouTube channels.

I don't do social media other than LinkedIn and using Facebook as a birthday reminder.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Mostly twitter/era but reddit for PC news, so I added that

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
Facebook
Twitter is a mess that I can't keep track of. I just use Facebook to like some gaming news pages and see what they post.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
SIFTD, so it's kinda weird choosing what option to vote.

SIFTD curates articles from mainstream sites and youtube mostly.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I've really gotten into a handful of YouTube channels for gaming news / reviews. There's a lot of shit on YouTube, but there are some diamond in the rough channels.

So basically Era and YouTube.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
Mostly just Eurogamer and RPS. I don't even use Twitter anymore but I never liked using it for news, I don't know how people know who to follow, and I pretty much don't trust any news unless it's linked to an article on a reputable website in the first place.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here and Reddit, and it's about 50/50 who has the story first, but between the two there's little reason to check elsewhere. Any gaming mag article or web page worth viewing will be linked within minutes of being printed.

Oct 27, 2017
ERA 99% + Reddit 1% (mostly for the more especialized stuff, like hacking, emulation or speedruns).

I can't really vote on the poll, the way it's worded.

Jun 23, 2020
So mainly listen to podcasts or I've just started visiting here. I did recently join neogaf beforehand where you get classics such as 'do you think Cory Blarog will follow Neil Druckman by making GoW2 SJW?'