• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dork Knight

Feb 20, 2018
jpgoods_437784_sub13.jpg

I adore the Uniqlo masks. They're super comfy, cover your entire face, and are washable. However, they're not great for when doing heavy cardio. When I run, I just use a cheap surgical mask.

jpgoods_437784_sub13.jpg

I adore the Uniqlo masks. They're super comfy, cover your entire face, and are washable. However, they're not great for when doing heavy cardio. When I run, I just use a cheap surgical mask.

Same, I wish I could wear my Uniqlo masks at work but the nature of my job has me sweating a lot due to the physical nature of my work so I generally save my reusable ones before/after work and use the disposable ones while working.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
Bought some black ones off of Amazon that have a nose wire so glasses don't fog up. I wear those most days and will double up with a standard surgical mask if I'm going to more high risk areas.

I've had to travel and meet people for work all throughout the pandemic in a lot of badly impacted areas and as best as I can tell I've yet to contract COVID.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I get a new one everyday at work we aren't allowed to wear cloth masks since they don't provide enough protection

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
HEB and amazon but the prices went up

like $30 for a pack of 30 lol - $1 for each mask , what the hell

so I went to Costco - bought a pack of 50 for $10

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My casual ones for walking around outside are made by my gf's mom who sells them. They got some neat cloth patterns like galaxies, blue camo, star wars, etc

I could use some more serious ones though for when I need to double mask and stuff.

Feb 1, 2018
I get my n95's- the only mask that actually protects you- from a scalper on ebay, theyre actually reasonably priced ($9 ea.) and legit 3M no fake shit no kn95 bullshit

Oct 25, 2017
Best one I had so far:

Amazon.com : Outdoor Research Essential Face Mask Kit : Sports & Outdoors

Amazon.com : Outdoor Research Essential Face Mask Kit : Sports & Outdoors

51gctD0USNL._AC_UX679_.jpg

Recently got an Under Armour mask. It's ok. It is really comfortable, but it gets rather hot and if you wear glasses they are going to fog up.

51V0YTYISvL._AC_UX385_.jpg
I use the Outdoor Research too. It's adjustable and has the best coverage I've found. Others always leave some sort of gap or don't cover as well. Not the biggest fan of the filter arrangement but it's worth it for the coverage. The UA mask was not good for how much it cost.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
My wife made most of my masks themselves - multi-layered, adjustable straps, and a wire around the nose (helpful to stop my glasses form fogging).

Also have a few of the uniqlo masks, those are great.

Dork Knight

Feb 20, 2018
Same, I wish I could wear my Uniqlo masks at work but the nature of my job has me sweating a lot due to the physical nature of my work so I generally save my reusable ones before/after work and use the disposable ones while working.

Makes sense. The Uniqlo masks seem like they work best for casual/non-active use. Although one day I accidentally wore while I did cardio and was surprised it wasn't as uncomfortable as I thought it'd be. Still, I much prefer reusable masks for physical activity.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
teespring.com

GUILLOTINE LOOP MASK

Guillotine Loop Mask T-Shirt from da share z0ne, Offers full nose and mouth coverage. Single-sided print. Includes two 6 inch elastic ear loops. Decorated using sublimation print method. Non-medical grade product. - GET DA GUILLOTINE'S YOU WANT ON A MASK WITH EAR...

da share z0ne

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
We use Castlegrade. They're respirators that provide a perfect seal and have a higher degree of filtration than an N95.

We were previously using O2 Canada respirators, but stopped upon learning those have valves and don't filter the air leaving your lungs. AFAIK this is the only respirator that does, and it works perfectly with my glasses too.

Only problem is the fit is a bit small if you have a large face like me. They're apparently working on a bigger fit.

Makes sense. The Uniqlo masks seem like they work best for casual/non-active use. Although one day I accidentally wore while I did cardio and was surprised it wasn't as uncomfortable as I thought it'd be. Still, I much prefer reusable masks for physical activity.

For sure. I've done it a few times but the feel of the wet material against my face was enough to make me avoid doing it. 😅

DeepSearch

Oct 28, 2017
Florida
I started with the standard sewn cloth mask with elastic straps, but my beard meant that it would ride up somewhere around my eyes. Switched to a sewn mask with tie straps, and two of them served me well. Eventually they wore out, and I recently replaced them with a black mask designed for use with beards.

The longer cut means I no longer have the puffy Civil War era sideburns, so that's a win. I've been pretty pleased with it so far, but my one complaint is the relative thinness of the material. Added in a cut down KN-95 underneath, and I'm a little more comfortable* being face to face with the hordes of customers coming through our store.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
My favorite ones are from Harvey's, a SoCal business that makes bags and wallets out of seatbelt material. The masks are made from the liners of the bags though, not seatbelt haha.

I also have a ton of Disney masks from Downtown Disney and my last Disney World trip

RoninRay

Oct 28, 2017
I get mine from old navy. There cheap and washable and come in a bunch of styles. They just don't cover my whole face but that's ok

Sanguine

Jun 10, 2018
I use Milcoast 4-ply. They've been pretty comfortable. I wanted to use a reusable mask, but I either had problems breathing in them, washing them ruined them, or they had straps instead of loops which meant I couldn't easily wear them with my hearing aids or some combination of everything.

Ain't Nobody

Oct 30, 2017
My health insurance company sent me three masks. Nice to see my $830 monthly premiums pay for something useful.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
I ordered some form Original Penguin.

www.originalpenguin.com

Personal Protection and Masks

Shop the Penguin Clothing Collection from the official Original Penguin by Munsingwear website. Original Penguin clothes from a full lifestyle brand that includes men's polo shirts, wovens, bottoms, jackets, suits and accessories as well as women's and kids collections.

original-penguin-assorted-poplin-print-3-pack-pleated-face-mask-assorted-os-15967840534614_2048x2048.jpg

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
I have mostly cloth masks with inserts to place filters in them.

2 are from work they're blue with our credit union logo on them. Very comfortable especially with the little wire inside to make sure it secures my nose just right to avoid glasses fog ups.

Another I got from a site called Murder Apparel. Its black with plague doctor masks and bars of soap on it.

Another has Van Gogh's Starry Night on it.

Then I just bought another that has a galaxy design on it. Stiffer material kinda hard to breathe in if your very mobile.

I wash them all at the end of the week and hand dry them ready to go for next week.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Received some from my town back in March
My sister made some more herself and gave it to friends/family

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I got a nice double layer handmade cloth one early on for free with space for a filter insert. Then I got one on Etsy during the summer with adjustable ear straps.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
@Target. I'm pretty sure these are the masks that I use, purchased in-store for $2 per mask. I bought 4-5 packs, wear a new one every day, and wash them all when soiled.

www.target.com

2pk Fabric Face Masks - Goodfellow & Co™

Read reviews and buy 2pk Fabric Face Masks - Goodfellow & Co™ at Target. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more.

In the early days of the pandemic I wore some old N95 masks I had in my garage/workshop, then switched to cheap disposables my workplace provided until I got the masks above. I also bought some neck gaiters but only wore them a couple of times, they're too tight on my enormous head.

Beyond that I ordered a mask for Halloween, and was thinking about ordering one for Christmas but haven't found one I like.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
The New Era masks are amazing. The sell plain black and navy so I don't have to be in meetings with a giant team logo on my cheek too, which is nice. I also have a friend who made some insanely good ones at the start of the pandemic that are still holding up pretty well. For my daughter we use the Crayola Mask Pack ones, they've been incredibly clutch and I highly recommend them for anyone with children under 10.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
We got a dozen or so cloth masks from my office before we started fully working from home. Kind enough of them.

ArachosiA

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I've been using surgical masks this whole time, but I think they look kind of gross so I want to upgrade to something else.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
A batch of K95 I think someone got me from home depot a while ago. I should probably replace them.