• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
We're about 9 months into this pandemic, and I'm sure many of us have accumulated some face masks from different companies during that time period. Aside from wearing a surgical mask + N95 while in the hospital, I've tried a few different "community masks" that I wear on the rare occasions that I'm outside the house when I'm not working.

I was just interested in seeing where everyone here has bought their masks from and whether they recommend them or not.

Here's what I've bought so far:

3MD masks - Community mask and Pro mask

IMG_9667_110x110@2x.jpg
IMG_7408_164330aa-d747-4af7-81ad-f29c5a8791c2_110x110@2x.jpg

theuniversalmask.com

Community Mask with Standard Filter

The Universal Mask. Washable and reusable fabric mask with non-micron rated felt filter inside an outer layer of polyester/cotton blend scrub material. Designed with elastic earloops for easy wear and removal. Intended for community members to reduce the transmission of respiratory droplets. Lab...
theuniversalmask.com

Pro Mask with 5 Micron Filter

The Universal Mask. Our fabric face mask features a washable and reusable 5-micron-rated polyester felt filter sewn inside an outer layer of moisture-wicking polyester/cotton blend scrub material. Designed with the option of 1/4" braided elastics that wrap around the head (not earloops) or...
theuniversalmask.com

Viral Filtration Results for Fabric Face Masks

Our 5-micron masks and community masks were evaluated in viral filtration studies by the world-famous Nelson Labs in Utah. Our mask samples were pre-washed and dried twice prior to the initial study. The results are attached below. Our mask with the 5 micron felt filter showed a viral...

3MD (who've recently renamed to The Universal Mask) is comprised of 3 doctors who have created this company that sells reusable face masks with sewn-in filters. The masks have a higher viral filtration efficiency compared to a typical 2-layer cloth mask. The Pro mask has a 5 micron filter compared to the Community mask, which has a "standard" filter. I bought both the Pro mask and the Community mask, and both of them are relatively thick masks compared to a typical cloth mask. I've noticed that I have to speak a little louder while wearing one of these masks in order for someone to hear me properly. The Pro mask has elastics that wrap around the head, while the Community mask has adjustable earloops, so I found the Community mask more comfortable. Both masks do provide great protection though compared to a typical cloth mask. If I had to choose between the two, the Community mask is the more comfortable option for day-to-day use and still provides good enough protection. The Pro mask just isn't practical for day-to-day use imo.

FIGS face mask

Uni-FaceMasks_heatherdenim_mask_1_1_960x960.jpg

www.wearfigs.com

FIONx Protective Face Mask · FIGS

Shop the FIONx Protective Face Mask from FIGS! SuperSoft, machine washable, featuring three layers of protection. We've got your back and front.

FIGS is a medical scrubs company that has now been selling masks since the summer. I bought one on a whim a few months ago, and it just didn't fit well on my face. I wasn't a big fan of how the earloops felt either. Haven't really worn it since, don't recommend it.

Mission adjustable sport mask

SportMask_BlackImage.png

www.mission.com

All-Season Adjustable Sport Mask

MULTI-LAYERED DESIGN Heat-Release Technology Helps Keep You Dry & Comfortable The MISSION All-Season Adjustable Sport Mask, powered by VaporActive™ Heat-Release Technology, helps keep you dry by releasing excessive heat & moisture buildup - so you can stay comfortable all year-round. Our...

I just bought this, as I'm looking for a reusable mask that I can use while running/jogging outside around the city (instead of wearing disposable masks). Hope that it works.

Last edited:

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
If anyone has any good glasses masks lemme know, with the cold weather the glasses fog has been brutal haha.

nopattern

Nov 25, 2017
I like the disposable throaway surgical masks the best. Theyre actually pretty comfortable. I bought a 50 box of the black ones off amazon. I also have several custom made ones from friends but most of them are pretty uncomfortable.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
I was using dust mask but then I moved to just basic surgical masks. I tried using a N95 mask but it's hard to wear all day.

CarpeDeezNutz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My wife made me some and her mom gave us a box of surgical masks. I also had a box of those N95 masks when I was sanding the floor in my son's room. Bought a few packs of black masks from Walmart.

OP
OP
RBH

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
I like the disposable throaway surgical masks the best. Theyre actually pretty comfortable. I bought a 50 box of the black ones off amazon. I also have several custom made ones from friends but most of them are pretty uncomfortable.
In terms of disposable masks, my favorite one is the Halyard Health Fluidshield Level 1 mask:

www.usamedicalsurgical.com

Halyard Health FLUIDSHIELD Level 1 Procedure Mask

USA Medical & Surgical Supplies is your source for great buys on thousands of medical, surgical and home medical products, equipment and supplies. Shop now!

Really comfortable to wear, and it's my go-to-mask in the hospital when I'm seeing non-COVID patients.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I got some black ones from Amazon that I liked, but when I ordered the same ones again, they were smaller and felt like they pulled on my ears too much.

I want to find new black ones that are easy to breathe and talk through, are fairly large and have small adjustable ear straps that fit my big ol' head comfortably. It's not easy having to wear one 8 hours a day for work.

Oct 27, 2017
Off Amazon. Cloth ones and they're fine. I mainly just use them at the grocery store or when curbside at a restaurant because I don't really go anywhere else.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
I had an o2 Canada respirator that was alright but I've changed to a two mask system since I occasionally take public transit.
For my main mask I love the ones Uniqlo sells. The Airism mask is by far the most comfortable and breathable for me while offering a decent layer of protection. It's a three pack for $15. Comes in three sizes, I recommend the large for adults, medium for teens and older kids, small for young ones.

I then also use masks made by Mystery Ranch. I recommend both the regular one or the street version. This one has great construction And I wear it over my other mask while traveling on transit or a very rare business flight. I use to use this as my main mask until I found the ones from Uniqlo.

Traditional Mask | MYSTERY RANCH Backpacks

This conventional style mask is made to withstand many laundering cycles and has features that will help protect you.

Oct 25, 2017
N95 masks I had lying around
Disposable non-medical masks from Costco
Old Navy cotton masks
Disposable level 1 surgical masks I bought from Amazon Canada

Very glad that the prices have come back to Earth on medical and other disposable masks

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I have a few "surgical" masks, but haven't worn that style since the spring. We then got like 15 of the Old Navy cotton masks and have been using those ever since.

Pretty comfy and washable, so all good with us! Price wasn't bad either when I know a lot of places were charging a lot more...

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Work have us cotton type ones that fit well and we're pretty comfy, but all branded. Now I've left and want a new mask.
The throw away survival cut into my eyes and are not comfy, move around alot and just bad.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
I don't wear cloth masks they're so hard to breath in, I wear disposable N95 and normal medical surgical masks.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Stole it from some happy mask salesman and now I'm really all for bringing down the moon

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
We're about 9 months into this pandemic, and I'm sure many of us have accumulated some face masks from different companies during that time period. Aside from wearing a surgical mask + N95 while in the hospital, I've tried a few different "community masks" that I wear on the rare occasions that I'm outside the house when I'm not working.

I was just interested in seeing where everyone here has bought their masks from and whether they recommend them or not.

Here's what I've bought so far:

3MD masks - Community mask and Pro mask

IMG_9667_110x110@2x.jpg
IMG_7408_164330aa-d747-4af7-81ad-f29c5a8791c2_110x110@2x.jpg

Those look simple and comfy. I just use the paper ones they give me at work, but I've also got a black cloth and a white cloth ones they gave me back when we first started wearing them. But honestly, the paper ones are easier to manage. The black cloth one is flimsy, and the white one turned yellow after like one use.

I might have to try and pick one of those 3MD ones up.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My wife made my first one, which didn't fit well, but I keep it because she made it.
I bought a second one off some Facebook store. It has the design of an old school NES controller printed on it.
Finally, I bought several big guy masks from an etsy shop called SafeMaskLA, and those have been my go-to masks for most of the pandemic. Highly recommended.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Ordered online and got a couple washable cloth masks.

Still sucks wearing them with glasses and headphones though.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
I just use the regular blue/white surgeon masks. They're more comfortable and probably work better than a cloth mask.

lunchtoast

Oct 26, 2017
Just the disposable ones I get from work. They also handed out cloth ones that are good quality but outside of work I don't wear it since it has our company logo on it. Also bought three cloth masks from Doset off amazon and some inserts. Fit is good but all these cloth masks never seem to be long enough.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I made mine. But I'd suggest grabbing something from etsy. You'll support a small business and there are just TONS of options for fandom related masks.

br0ken_shad0w

Oct 27, 2017
Washington
Atoms - my favorite out of all the masks I own. Comfortable and can be used while working out or running.

Surgical masks courtesy of work

Got several different kinds from Etsy as well as hand-made ones from co-workers, but none are really comfortable like the Atoms mask and mainly just use them in a pinch.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
My wife was making and selling masks at the beginning, so I've been using a set she made for me back in April. Swap them out each day and wash them with the laundry.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Work gives out regular ones for free. As much as you need. I don't trust them. I buy Kn-95 in bulk online because N95 mask are hard to find.