• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TOM 2

Oct 28, 2017
Ghost Planet Spaceship
I'm all digital. I want to jump to "next gen". White is an eyesore and gets yellow after awhile.

Don't recommend that I pull it apart and paint it myself, either. Aint nobody got time fo that

I just want a black Series S.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
xbox-series-s-official-2.jpg

plus-304947_1280.png

matte-black-rust-oleum-automotive-car-paint-263422-64_1000.jpg

Feb 1, 2018
You can skin it (will look bad and peel)

You can plastidip it (will look bad after a while)

You can take it apart (bye bye warranty) and paint it

Or you can just wait for the inevitble Fortnite Mystery Halloween Edition

OP
OP
TOM 2

TOM 2

Oct 28, 2017
Ghost Planet Spaceship

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Wasn't the issue with old white plastics turning yellow due to the fire retardant in them?

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
My One S is as clean as the day I got it.
Come to think of it, so is my X360.
Not sure what you do to your consoles to have them turn yellow, but it's not the plastic's fault.

Long story short, you don''t get to have your black Series S.

OP
OP
TOM 2

TOM 2

Oct 28, 2017
Ghost Planet Spaceship
My One S is as clean as the day I got it.
Come to think of it, so is my X360.
Not sure what you do to your consoles to have them turn yellow, but it's not the plastic's fault.

Long story short, you don''t get to have your black Series S.
You don't do anything to make them turn yellow. It's the type of plastics used on earlier systems that turn yellow over time, though am not sure if it still occurs in plastics used now.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
People saying whites don't yellow anymore should slip Dell that memo. Gen 1 Alienware Area 51M had a huge problem with that.

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017
You don't do anything to make them turn yellow. It's the type of plastics used on earlier systems that turn yellow over time, though am not sure if it still occurs in plastics used now.

I mean it's a bit too early to say. But the new boxes seem to be made with similar plastics to the One S. I had a white one for a few years and it's was still as good as New up until I traded it.

KC-Slater

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
What a ridiculous OP.

To recap:
-Such a SKU does not currently exist.
-OP is not willing to paint the Series S that does exist.
-Does not want to take the console apart, further limiting aftermarket solutions.

Either wait for a black revision or buy a Series X.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017

I know, I had a SNES and a PC in the 90s.
To have a Seires S turn yellow, you'd *NEED* to actually DO something to them :)

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I actually thought I was done with white electronics and didn't love that the Series S was only available in white. But it actually looks fantastic in person.

Xbox-Series-S-controller-against-the-console.jpg

ajgjaPNNW7XTBxW3uxY92e.jpg

dims

About yellowing: my Wii is not yellow yet, so there's that. Neither is my brother's launch GBA.