• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Weeaboom

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Curious to see where everyone plans to preorder their next gen system(s).

Last gen, I camped out for one system at Best Buy, and ordered another via Amazon. Had both at launch.

Probably will go this route next time as well.

How about you?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
GameStop or Amazon. Probably GameStop.

Deleted member 36749

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 24, 2017
Atlanta
Gonna do Amazon for my PS5

And my experience with the Day one Xbox One X launch was so dope at the Microsoft store i'm going to go there.

Deleted member 13645

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Direct from the platform if possible (ex. Microsoft Store) but most likely from Amazon, and Best Buy as a backup.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
My PS5 will be through Amazon and the Anaconda directly through Microsoft or amazon if I can't get it through them, probably Microsoft because I have $180 in credit.

Last time Amazon sent me an extra PS4 day 1. Will never happen again but hey it was definitely nice.

Whatislove

Jan 2, 2019
Amazon probably. Depends on if I can/want to take time off for launch. If I can I'll go Best Buy, otherwise it'll be Amazon.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
The EB Games close to my house where the staff is very nice. I try to support that store.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Hopefully GameStop is still alive by then because there's one a short drive from where I live.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere that does a midnight opening so I can collect them by hand and not be at the mercy of awful U.K. post. I had a DHL parcel that went out for delivery every day for four days and still never made it to me recently. I had to drive to the depot on the fifth day and hand collect it.

So probably Asda or something.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Best buy hopefully. But whoever I can get it in at. Assuming I don't wait. But I never have so...

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Gamestop if they have a good trade deal for the current gen systems. They had really good trade deals here and there for my base systems when upgrading to a One X and Pro. Just as much or a little more than I would have gotten if I had sold them myself.

Likely Amazon if they don't.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Normally Amazon but my wife's on my account now. Ain't now way I want her knowing how much the damn things will cost...

>_>

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably Gamestop. I'll pay a on them a bit at a time starting in the summer, then I'll trade in my X1X towards Scarlet and PS4 Pro towards the PS5 a few days before they release to finish them off.

RoslindaleOne

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I was very happy with the results pre-ordering my Xbox One X online with Microsoft Store. Going with them with the next Xbox.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
If I even do preorder, it'll probably be bestbuy. But the only console I ever preordered was the switch, so it may be moot.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
If the backwards compatibility just plays games exactly the same as on the PS4 then I won't bother at launch but if I do then probably just through Amazon

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I prefer Best Buy but they never do midnight openings at my local store. It will likely be GameStop or wait until the next day. There are two Gamestops here so I expect one of them to close and the other remain open.

EDIT - That's assuming they are 100% BC. If they are not, then I'll probably wait until I've played through the PS4 exclusives I haven't finished yet (I haven't even started GoW or SpiderMan despite owning them. I just don't have the time). I'm hopeful both machines will be fully BC so I can just move my backlog pile over.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon. But I'll more than likely got to Walmart early in the morning instead of waiting all day for them to deliver it.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
For my X1X I ordered straight from the MS Store and it arrived on time on the release day.

So I'll do that same next time. For PS5 maybe Amazon

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Probably a PS5 from Amazon. I think I'll hold on an Xbox this time since i beefed up my PC. and have three years of Game Pass. Feelin' great about next gen.

Deleted member 8752

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If I do a preorder it will be from Amazon and wait for delivery. There needs to be a truly killer game to make me do that though.

Switch was the last one I grabbed on day 1 and it was totally worth it even though it didn't arrive until 9pm.