• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
Full Metal Furies is good (reference to the Greek Furies, deities of vengeance, not furries). Made by the same group as Rogue Legacy. Kind of like Castle Crashers. Good level of difficulty

Wimps

Oct 27, 2017
I had high hopes for diablo 3 but felt it really sucked. Maybe the difficulty was too low? Or maybe we were just too baked lol.

Towerfall Ascension kicked ass and so did Overcooked. Can't wait for Divinity original sin 2 on ps4.

fatty

Oct 27, 2017
OP, I'll also mention Towerfall Ascension. Thank me later :)

This one is really fun.

How about titles previous to this generation?

Any hidden gems from Xbox 360 or PS3? I've been dragging out the old classic consoles lately to play games collecting dust. I found Alien Hominid to be pretty bland, Castle Crashers is a better game for playing with up to four players, but got repetitive after a while. As far as coop couch beat'em ups, Guardian Heroes is probably my favorite and would love to find another game similar.

As far as shooters, Gradius V and Ikaruga are fantastic to play with friends and both are beautiful. Any other must plays? Under Defeat wasn't bad but wasn't on the same level as the previous two.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Me and the family just finished Overcooked 2 today. That game is fun. You really have to communicate and deligate duties. Even if it's just 2 or 3 people it's still a blast and points for completing each level adjusts.

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
I know it's Wii U, but I just discovered Affordable Space Adventures last night with some friends and fuck me, THAT was couch co-op, with an emphasis on co-op.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I STRONGLY recommend Helldivers if you haven't already.

The Dark Souls of couch co-op games, and a great Starship troopers experience.

Available on all Playstation devices... And PC

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
Im gonna play a Way Out with friends this wek and im just excited by that idea. Check it out if you can!

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
I'd like to shamelessly recommend Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, a two player twin stick shooter which focuses on puzzles on combat. And yes, I wish more couch co-op games existed too, OP

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bumping to request recommendations for any PS4 2 player couch co-op in a fantasy setting like Dragon Age or Skyrim, etc. I know I'm asking for the moon probably. Was hoping Monster Hunter would have split-screen, but alas. :(

Diablo 3 PS4 is a great couch co-op game. Obviously gotta like a loot game, but if you get into it it's very fun. We've also had a lot of fun playing the Magicka and Trine games for other fantasy themed stuff. Not quite RPGs at the level of Skyrim/Dragon Age, but quite fun.

I'd like to shamelessly recommend Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, a two player twin stick shooter which focuses on puzzles on combat. And yes, I wish more couch co-op games existed too, OP

A possibility for another day, perhaps (especially if you recommend it). I love puzzles, but I think my husband has had his fill of shooters atm.

Diablo 3 PS4 is a great couch co-op game. Obviously gotta like a loot game, but if you get into it it's very fun. We've also had a lot of fun playing the Magicka and Trine games for other fantasy themed stuff. Not quite RPGs at the level of Skyrim/Dragon Age, but quite fun.

Might give it a go. I've already ordered Divinity, but the more options the better. Light fun for tired parents is probably going to work out better than super heavy story over the holiday break.