• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The 80s cartoon Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends has this episode where the Chameleon is trying to trap 7 Superheroes which includes Namor. Namor searches alone and comes across a pool and decides to take a swim to revitalize his strength only for him to dive in and say...

"AAAGGGGHH! That's not water! It's ALCOHOL!"

I can't find the scene on YouTube. But it is glorious. For the longest time, I considered it to be Namor's finest hour.

...that's either really sad or a testament to just how funny this scene is,

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3C4Sb.jpg

main-qimg-dd52e1416f56bc5bdace63c7d6ed37af

I want these, or the current arc where Namor nukes a town with a gas that turns them into Atlantians then drowns it...
LgzPXYSzWmvsiHMQbnKvpvdGw1beUc3BLxQrUXFJo0phZL5nArw6wzM2TloV5h4aKPrTEXeWuK-Qfo8y7dm6V2cNrWlbshNW3bm6_QMcLGDRJhMlK4GFQOQgKjwWuZDAFm7XP5NToQ=s1600

I also hope they introduce Namor as wandering homeless guy who then is mindfucked by Xavier to help him "control his rage", shit would be dope...
namor.jpg

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Who has a pool full of alcohol and why? Five minutes into the party and someone starts dangling their stinky feet in the pool and it's ruined.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to see DOCTOR DOOM TOOTS AS HE PLEASES

That's all I want from Namor and FF in the MCU

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
The 80s cartoon Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends has this episode where the Chameleon is trying to trap 7 Superheroes which includes Namor. Namor searches alone and comes across a pool and decides to take a swim to revitalize his strength only for him to dive in and say...

"AAAGGGGHH! That's not water! It's ALCOHOL!"

I can't find the scene on YouTube. But it is glorious. For the longest time, I considered it to be Namor's finest hour.

...that's either really sad or a testament to just how funny this scene is,

I mean. That isn't even that funny. Namor is actually a great character who has funny scenes littered throughout recent runs but they always maintain his tone and stern and immovable gravitas. Ya stoned brah? ;)

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why is there a pool of alcohol?

Also you could get away with that in an 80s cartoon but not today.

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Comic friends, I need this one thing answered once and for all: have Namor and Sue Richards smashed or not?

Ok... this, too... did Namor and Emma Frost smash while they were both X-Men?

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I am pretty sure he is talking about the chloirine water being like poison to him, not the pool actually being filled with alcohol you guys.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I am pretty sure he is talking about the chloirine water being like poison to him, not the pool actually being filled with alcohol you guys.

Those old comics and cartoons always had traps specially tailored to the heroes's weaknesses. I wouldn't be surprised if that was made to look like a pool just to lure Namor into it.