• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When you're home alone, do you close the bathroom door?

• Yes

Votes: 237 44.5%
  • No

Votes: 295 55.5%

• Total voters

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Yes if in the shower

No if going to the toilet

No idea why or what the difference is lol

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I put no, but I still swing it shut out of habit, but don't actually care if it fully shuts or not.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. By shutting it every time you don't run the risk of accidentally leaving it open when there are other people around.

Oct 27, 2017
Nope. I actually did think about this recently as I live by myself how the fact I sometimes close the door is just a force of habit and that I don't really need to

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
If I'm just peeing I don't close the door even when others are in the house.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, my dog likes drinking out of the toilet bowl and playing with toilet paper if I don't.

I guess technically that means I'm not alone though. 🤷‍♂️

If I'm in the bathroom it's open though because she'll scratch at the door if I'm home and she can't find me.

Kirie

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. Even when my husband is around I have to keep the door cracked open slightly because the cats will go crazy scratching to get in, lol.

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
Only when showering because God did not intend for the humidity to escape containment.

Therion

Oct 25, 2017
No, because I live alone. When I lived with other people I would close the door regardless of whether anyone else was home.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
Not only yes, but if I'm showering I'll lock it too. Though the latter's out of a paranoid fear of someone getting into the house and catching me literally with my pants down.

BanditoMac

Dec 13, 2017
I don't close the door unless someone who doesn't live in my house is around, and even then, if we're close I don't bother.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, also I live alone so I'm nearly always alone. Kind of got used to leaving the doors open when my cats were kittens because they'd always want to follow me in. They still do sometimes.
My house has two bathrooms. One is attached to my bedroom, and I'm not worried about someone else walking through my bedroom to that bathroom, so I don't even close the door when I do have company.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
I don't close the door when others are home, unless it's especially fowl. Hell if I have the chance I'll pee outside.

no greater joy in life than pissing outside, like the lord intended.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
No. I would never deprive my cat of the joy of watching me shit. It's one of her favorite things to do.

Also my bathroom has a pocket door (that's slightly ill-fitted), so it's just too much of a pain in the ass to pull it out of the wall several times a day.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Yes, because my cat is 1000% convinced that the toilet is going to swallow us and he'll never see us again.

Closing the door is the only way I can take a shit in peace without the cat barging in.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I'm married and don't do it. So many married conversations happen while one person is on the crapper

Also my cats want pets