• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which one?

• Harry Potter

Votes: 610 27.2%
  • Hit Points

Votes: 264 11.8%
  • Health Points

Votes: 125 5.6%
  • Hewlett Packard

Votes: 968 43.2%
  • other

Votes: 272 12.1%

• Total voters

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
Lovecraft then Hewlett Packard.

I feel like there's been even more Lovecraft talk than usual with the various film projects.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Depends entirely on the context or environment it's used. But without context, Hewlett-Packard

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Brown Sauce.

Full disclosure I didn't realize it stood for Houses of Parliament until about two years ago despite consuming liters of it for almost fifty years.

And it always having had a giant picture of the houses of parliament on the bottle.

qMjTtFZ.jpg

American translators note:

Like A1 steak sauce but thick and with more fruit and less vinegar.
Is HP sauce not in the states?
It's big in Canada, I never knew what HP meant till now, we always joked Horse Piss

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Potter. But that's probably because when the weather is shitty and my wife decides its PJs and movie day, she typically says, "Its a good HP day" before turning on one of the movies.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
The brand but specifically the HP 50G, graphing calculator. [that I am proud of never owning and still graduating in Engineering]

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
Howard Phillips and John Ronald Reuel. Also its Homer Jay Simpson

Well now you spoiled it! Part of why it jumped to mind was trying to fill in the gaps :P

Seriously, to think in the age of Google, I've never bothered to check their names up.

Time to move to George R. R. Martin.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
Without any context, Hewlett Packard, even if I see it used to mean "Hit/Health Points" much more commonly.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I guess context influences me because in the off topic section of this forum, I automatically think Harry Potter since that's the most likely discussion to be had here.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Harry Potter.

Which I find odd. I'd have assumed Hit points or Health points, but nope. It's Harry Potter.