• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chubigans

Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I still wear my mask everywhere- I've gotten rather fond of it, feels like I have to engage less with people which is nice when I'm just out of energy. Still, transmission rates are super low in my county and I'm seeing fewer and fewer people wearing masks. I know eventually I'll stop wearing mine but I still don't know when I'll feel comfortable enough to let that happen. Probably not this year.

Has anyone else thought about this? Are y'all doing a little more these days than when the pandemic first started (not including mandatory work stuff)?

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm wearing mine currently where it's required(Public transport is the big one for me), and whenever I'm not feeling comfortable in an area, large open spaces not so much, but I'll throw it on in a crowd. Mostly in busy stores, or elevators.

If I'm with someone who is wearing a mask, I'm also wearing my mask.

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped when my school lifted the mandate based on health data on April 1--they've been pretty cautious throughout this whole thing so I trust their judgment basically.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Not really. I still have to use indoors and i suspect i'll still need to over the summer. But in general i use the mask everywhere. So far i've taken ~3 walks without the mask because i was in a remote location without other people.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Indefinitely until I feel it's safe enough to do so. Still in the middle of the pandemic, like it or not.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When less than ~25% of people are, because at that point it feels pretty useless. Which, like, I have no idea when that'll be. This week, even though the mask madate on public transportation was rolled back, I think I noticed MORE people wearing them on my commute.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Inside places with a ton of people? I have no idea honestly.

Outside around other people? Maybe I'll try again this summer like last summer.

It's very odd to not wear it at this point.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't worn a mask since I got the vaccine, except in the grocery store back when they required it.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
when the pandemic is over. It is currently not. I don't know when it'll be over, but I'll keep wearing the mask until that point.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
masks were lifted in april here in germany for the first time since the pandemic started, and medical masks and FFP2 masks have been required since the early days of the pandemic

i stopped wearing them now that it's not needed, as they are a massive pain in the ass to wear with a big full beard

i hate the masks especially FFP2 masks with a beard so now that it's permissible to not wear one any where except public transport, i don't wear. i'm vaccinated any way

AlecKoKuTan

Oct 29, 2017
Irvine, CA
I wear them at the gym still, the two days I didn't a week ago I got sick with a sore throat-- I haven't been back in a few days so I think ill be keeping my mask on when I do.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I have MS, so I can't really afford to do so while COVID is still a big problem.

Who knows when...

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I wear mine in crowds, in stores, and on public transportation. Idk when I'll stop the first two, but I'm masking up on the subway forever. It has been the source of 100% of my colds and flus in the last decade and I've now not been sick in like 3 years.

Rukland

Oct 28, 2017
Never, I mean I had to wear them for work before the pandemic and I will have to wear them at work long after everyone else stops. So I don't even think about the fact that I wearing one most of the time. The only place I don't is at home or driving.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Probably never. Covid isn't going away and frankly I've enjoyed not getting other respiratory illnesses like the flu. I have to wear them at work anyway (I'm a nurse) so I'm used to it.

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
I'll stop wearing them outside my apartment when the pandemic ends. If necessary I'll wear them for the rest of my life

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I don't need them anymore at work from Saturday so, then.

I don't mind them but if no one else is wearing them it feels kind of pointless.

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Mar 15, 2019
Never. I love not being recognized at the grocery store and anywhere else. I hate small talk.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I'm on and off, I wont wear them in a place they'll be taken off anyway like a restaurant but like going to ups and stuff I just keep it on.

I also went back into the office for one day and everyone at work is vaxed and boosted by mandate so I didn't wear it there either, plus we were all 6 feet apart with monitors in our faces.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
The numbers were pretty much zero in terms of hospitalizations where I live for a few months so we stopped wearing them and the school stopped requiring it.

I still wear it if we are going to a doctor's office (required) or a place that is highly congested.

But going to the office or hanging out with a friend I have not been wearing one for a few months.

If the numbers go back up in my area I will mask up immediately though.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm waiting to see if numbers in my area go up again like they did last summer. If they stay low, then I might start going out without my mask.

Though I do like wearing it at times, so I'm in no rush.

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
already did, to the extent it's allowed - I wear them when I'm required to, and don't when I'm not

in general I'm not usually in situations with a lot of other people, though (I order most things online rather than going in person, I pick up food rather than eat in, and I work remotely) so I somewhat lessen my risk in other ways

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
For the most part I've stopped now in the UK, they're hardly a thing here anymore outside of medical settings. I think it was the wrong decision to end restrictions but I'm not being a lone ranger just to make a point

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I've stopped wearing them in small social gatherings with family/people I trust.

In public, though? Especially crowded public, not for a long time.

I know two people who caught COVID this past month. I know one person who died to COVID like three months ago. It isn't over and it's so frustrating seeing people talk about it being over because "well, mask mandates are over", as if that's anything more than the government caving to conservative baby fits because it's been two years.

Also I personally haven't been sick in two years whereas before I would get very sick several times a year so even with other people not wearing them, they clearly do something.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
I already have. I'm vaxxed and boosted. I also live in a rural area.

That said, if I'm ever knowingly around immuno-compromised people or the location I'm at asks for mask usage, ofc I'll put mine on. Everyone deserves to feel comfortable and safe.

Jan 27, 2020
Washington, DC
The only place I'm still wearing one now is on public transit. I'll probably keep doing it until they stop recommending it, regardless of whatever some federalist society weirdos think.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
I've more or less stopped now that we're not legally mandated here - if I found myself on any public transport, in a doctors/hospital or somewhere with an enormous crowd I would still put a mask on though, I always have it in my pocket ready.

I have the benefit of living in a relatively small town and my own car though, so it's extremely infrequent that situations would pop up. Triple vaxxed and all that too, so I feel safe enough.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
Never, this was a real wake up call to me that the intelligent thing to do for society is to wear a mask whether I'm healthy or not much like they do in several Asian cultures.

If we were already all in masks the whole time outside, COVID would have never gotten this bad in the first place.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'll still wear them in busy transport and shops while it absolutely rips through the population right now and if I get it, but to be honest I've mostly reached the thought, it's not going away, I've probably had it, been vaxxed, moving on. If some new awful variant pops up, yeah, I'll take it more seriously again.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Normal life? It was never required here. For travelling? I'll keep using masks when sitting for hours in a tube of metal with loads of people.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Never, this was a real wake up call to me that the intelligent thing to do for society is to wear a mask whether I'm healthy or not much like they do in several Asian cultures.

If we were already all in masks the whole time outside, COVID would have never gotten this bad in the first place.
I'll bite, what cultures wear a mask outside all the time? I know a few have it as culturally when they're sick(which I'll absolutely be doing), but I can't think of any that wear one always.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I'm slowly finding myself using it less and less, like I don't wear it going through the drive thru anymore, but I will wear if during a long grocery shopping trip.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
i already have because the positivity rate, hospitalization rate were low in my area. As it creeps back up, likely with the new variant of omicron i will start wearing my mask again.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
When they are not mandatory anymore (unless I am in a setting where people who are particularly endangered are present).

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I still use it essentially any time I go inside a building. I take it off in my office at work since I'm the only one there. I put it back on though when I go outside through the common areas. I'm not sure when I'll stop wearing one.. I think my wife and I will continue to use them whenever travel and I will always keep them in mind if I'm ever feeling slightly off though.

I always felt like okay, if people do this in Asia, why shouldn't we do it here? There is obviously a huge percentage of people who will never wear one again and view it in some weird political way, but I think there is a big number who will adopt that style going forward where they wear it as a protective measure for themselves and others and that is a very good thing.