• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, US
Do we know when the ResetEra Game of the Year 2020 voting will begin? I am surprised that there has not been a thread up yet for Game of the Year voting.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Last year started late December and ended at the end of January. So it should start soon I would assume.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think we ever had an office "Most Anticipated Game of 2021" voting thread either.

Oct 27, 2017
I just hope the final thread is more fleshed out than that GOTD thread. It felt very...hurriedly put together? not vey polished

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
The later the better. Still a few things I want to at least bite into a little bit.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Bumped an old thread from last year recently asking the same question and Mods said it will still take a few days/weeks, but it is coming.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
If Ori doesn't land Top 10 I'm going to seriously question the aggregate taste of Era.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the voting doesn't take a month or something like that like last year if it's gonna start late.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
I just need time to play Ori first!

(I already have my top 10 drafted, but I assume Ori will slide in there).

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
They can take their time, I am still trying to collect my thoughts and figure out which games are worth a nod, maybe 5 or so.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
I'll allow it in like two years, once I've actually had the chance to play all the 2020 releases I plan to

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
While the top 5 will obviously be TLOU2 at number 1 and then some ordering of Hades, AC, GoT and FF7, I am still interested in seeing the rest of the top 20.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
I have a spreadsheet of the top 50 since GAF of '04 and all of Era's since inception. Its fun to track what games I might off missed that people collectively thought were worth mentioning, especially years down the road as its easy to forget titles outside of the top 10ish for any given year.

Not sure why we are almost in February for ERA and voting hasn't even started.

Success

Oct 27, 2017
I have a spreadsheet of the top 50 since GAF of '04 and all of Era's since inception. Its fun to track what games I might off missed that people collectively thought were worth mentioning, especially years down the road as its easy to forget titles outside of the top 10ish for any given year.

You should make a thread for that, being able to reminisce and discuss these games over the years would be awesome.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Tech's ironing out the last bits of the new tool we're gonna use this year (ranked choice, among other things). It's coming, we promise!

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
You should make a thread for that, being able to reminisce and discuss these games over the years would be awesome.

Once this one has concluded and settled could be a fun post. There are so many games though so would need to play around with formatting (and 100 once you get to when ERA becomes a thing).

Some games appear on multiple years which is interesting to micro-analyize as it can give hints of how popular a device is for certain years compared to users then.

Tryptobphan

Dec 22, 2017

This would be a great thread to do. It'd be great to take a look back. I've done that over the years too

Tech's ironing out the last bits of the new tool we're gonna use this year (ranked choice, among other things). It's coming, we promise!

That's great news. I look forward to seeing what the community thinks. The usual suspects are obvious but it's the lesser known titles that intrigue me.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Honestly really like that it seems like we'll have until the end of February this year. I'll actually have time to play everything in my backlog that might make my top 10 (helps that this year wasn't a huge year for games I liked, it took me until last year to catch up on everything from 2017 for instance).

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the thread bump -- I had been curious to know what was happening with the GotY vote. I'm actually really happy if it's temporarily delayed, that means I might get to fit in Ori and the Will of the Wisps!

Status
Not open for further replies.