• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Let's be real. Your thread won't last more than 24 hours. And if it does, you probably wish it didn't. Then why should it? That's what stories are for.

We should have stories too. Threads that don't last more than 24 hours. We should call them Resetmoments. Get it? Instead of eras, they're just moments. Once gone, never to be seen again... and your future career in politics will appreciate it.

It's time to be hip again.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, dawg.

The whole point of this site is that it's meant to encourage substantive discussion. This ain't it.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I don't use the stories feature on any of the social media apps. I wouldn't start here.

Not even once. What's even their purpose?

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
yep today I am looking at twitter and thinking we could all use some more Fleeting in our lives

301320020113.jpg

OP
OP
julia crawford

julia crawford

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry my thread is so hot it broke the site for a second there, i apologize

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Since we are already talking about nice features Era will never implement, I'd love an optional tree-like mode for threads. It would be kinda neat to follow long chains of discussions where you don't need to click a dozen times on quotes.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure what stories would entail, but in before the expected "meta commentary" lock.

Do you mean like gaming news? Because that would have been pretty cool 10+ years ago. I miss the days of the smaller niche gaming websites, like magicbox or planetgamecube or something that I'd get my videogame news from. I wonder if there are some good smaller gaming websites around other than the huge monoliths like IGN.

OP
OP
julia crawford

julia crawford

Oct 27, 2017
Ok everyone, you should all know that these drunk/weekend thread jokes are not funny. So please leave your humour at the door.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe Tinder was so ahead of the curve with this and they actually took it away. BRING BACK TINDER STORIES.

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
Wait, but why? If you don't like the thread you're making, why make it?

Is it for threads like this?

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what stories would entail, but in before the expected "meta commentary" lock.

Do you mean like gaming news? Because that would have been pretty cool 10+ years ago. I miss the days of the smaller niche gaming websites, like magicbox or planetgamecube or something that I'd get my videogame news from. I wonder if there are some good smaller gaming websites around other than the huge monoliths like IGN.
Twitter just added what is essentially IG stories today.

Come on OP, clarify

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Era is one of the few coherent sites that doesn't want me to claw my brain out with all the pointless crap.
Less is better 99% of times.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
You could implement short term threads where there's 24 hours to debate a question with a poll and then afterwards, it's done. The poll winner is decided after that.

You could do that now, really.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Be the change you want to see in the world and start editing away all your posts after 24 hours.

OP
OP
julia crawford

julia crawford

Oct 27, 2017
Be the change you want to see in the world and start editing away all your posts after 24 hours.

Can't lie i sometimes edit very old posts of mine to leave little nuggets for the people who search them or to add things that hadn't happened yet and confuse the timeline.