• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Manufactured Date

• June 2020

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • July 2020

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • August 2020

Votes: 62 35.8%
  • September 2020

Votes: 49 28.3%
  • November 2020

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • October 2020

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • May 2020

Votes: 13 7.5%

• Total voters

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
Hey maybe it's the ULTIMATE version, beyond time and space

1Ogdt8C.png

Odd. Must be some EU directive or something?

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
So it looks like Europe doesn't have manufacturing dates. And digitals don't either.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Odd. Must be some EU directive or something?
August for me, bought from best buy

Also...look at the model numbers. America seems to get 1015A and 1015B...while europe gets 1016A.
Maybe...

Hey maybe it's the ULTIMATE version, beyond time and space

1Ogdt8C.png

Someone with the same model as me, finally. Do you have any noise coming from it? I'm starting to go crazy when i tell people here mine is silent (except the disc every hour for like a minute)

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Any particular reason for asking for dates btw? To gauge manufacturing defects? I think the later made models if you got a console on launch day would be September

OP
OP
platocplx

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Any particular reason for asking for dates btw? To gauge manufacturing defects? I think the later made models if you got a console on launch day would be September
Yeah curious, also because MS said they started later in manufacturing vs Sony and apparently Sony started mass manufacturing since May. Which also says they may have a shit load of playstations made. From May to November.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Preordered from Walmart, mine was made in July in Japan, mild coil whine if I'm trying to hear it

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Someone with the same model as me, finally. Do you have any noise coming from it? I'm starting to go crazy when i tell people here mine is silent (except the disc every hour for like a minute)

Mine is silent other than the disc drive yeah, I have to put my ear against it to hear anything
Also my PS5 name is PS5-098 if that means anything

Saberus

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Nothing on mine.. DE model... wife gave me strange look, asked what I was doing and got eye roll..lol.. anyway.. don't know if different for Canadian model?

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
August 2020
From bestbuy.ca
Very quiet all around
No coil whine from a normal distance (can hear it below 12 inches)
Platinumed spiderman MM, never crashed

(I did make it crash on purpose, but that's a firmware bug)

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
October 2022, Walmart and pretty dang quiet aside from the disc drive every now and then whenever it has to spin up.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
July 2020
Best Buy Canada

Zero noise, like I think I heard the fan once when I turned it on the very first time for a second.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
July Model, Made in Japan, Shipped to US. Damn near silent with basically none of the common problems.

Oct 28, 2017
August 2020, purchased for In Store Pickup from Best Buy in Indianapolis USA.

Pretty Quiet. No Coil Whine, just a bit of a noisy disc drive when installing some games, or for the first 30 seconds when starting a disc based game. Honestly, it is pretty similar to playing disc based games on my PS4 Pro. Watching UHD Movies basically makes no major noise. It is the same level of noise my dedicated LG UHD Player makes. You can just hear it read a disc if you are really up close.

I have had a few crashes, NBA2k a couple of times, and a few of the "Your external storage was not removed correctly" after it crashed. So I had to rebuild the database. I think this is a common issue with external drives, I heard Blessing on the Kinda Funny PS I Love You Podcast saying he had the same thing.

Last edited: