• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 31, 2017
Has to be the beginning of the last of us! I really didn't expect that. Think where in for one hell of a ride with sequel.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
The Walking Dead Season 1

I'd gotten emotional in other games (the ending of The Last Guardian, the ending of Journey) but I'd only shed a tear with Lee's death.

Last edited:

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Where I legitimately had some tears? It was in Final Fantasy XV during

The Final Camp scene with the Bro's. I genuinely felt real emotion from that scene.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
I am a sucker for sad moments in games and while a game has never made me actually cry, I have been known to tear up a bit. The last time that happened was Valkyria Chronicles 4.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
KH3 got me teary eyed at a few points.

Before that was To the Moon, which broke me emotionally

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
No game ever did. I never can relate to statements like "this made me literally cry". Am I dead? :(

TWD 1 and Life is Strange were close but still, nope.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Valiant Hearts, also was the only time. Odyssey got close with that one sequence though.

Oct 26, 2018
Yea tlous prologue almost got me to cry... Had to stop after it ended for a few, minutes
Ffx after finding out
tidus isn't real, but a dream
really got me

Aesop

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
TLOU obviously
Life is Strange (almost)
Metal Gear Online 2 - when the servers were shut down
MGS 4 - ending scenario/ throwbacks

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Is it worth getting through? I bought it on release but it felt so clunky and the performance was less than optimal, but I still want to go through it at some point...
It's a really tough game to get through if you don't like how it plays at all. But I felt like the story carried me through.

M1chl

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Czech Republic
Forza Horizon 2 intro and no I am not kidding. Maybe because in because in the beginning of FH1 I got some call from someone (after 3 fucking years of silence) who is now my GF. Maybe or maybe not, I don't know.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't tear up during the game but for whatever reason I was listening to "Weight of the World" from Nier Automata a few months back and when it hits it just did me in.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I cried playing Spiderman, when
Aunt May dies
. Night in the Woods had me close at a few points.

The Last of Us as well, but that was a long time ago.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
The latest times I teared up a bit was when I played valiant Hearts not too long ago.

Very emotional game from the start for obvious reasons but the end got me bad.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Did you played and finished The Last guardian while having a pet, TLoU while being a parent or MGS3 ?
I haven't played The Last Guardian, but I was raised with dogs and always had them around me. I finished TLoU three times, but don't have kids. Never played MGS except for MGS1 a great deal on the PS1, and Ground Zeroes.

Actually, there were also only two movies that brought me close to tears: Interstellar, and Finding Neverland.

OP
OP
Dest

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I didn't tear up during the game but for whatever reason I was listening to "Weight of the World" from Nier Automata a few months back and when it hits it just did me in.
The music in the Nier games is fucking powerful stuff.

Listening to
Emil ~ Sacrifice
from the first game brings me to tears without fail.

ParanoidRED

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The Last Guardian

And i actually teared up a bit at the end credits of DMCV, i was way too damn invested in that game and i didn't want it to finish lol

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The end of the Octo Expansion. There's nothing sad about it at all, quite the opposite, but there's something about the weird place Splatoon has in my heart that makes me tear up from time to time when thinking about it, for reasons that I genuinely don't understand. If I were to hazard a guess as to why I think it's because it's an emotional comfort food game that isn't loaded with the same kind of difficult memories for me that other games that have fulfilled similar roles have, making any time it ends particularly resonant regardless of the actual content of the ending.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Probably Metal Gear Rising. I dropped the steel book and the corner landed on my little toe.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Is it worth getting through? I bought it on release but it felt so clunky and the performance was less than optimal, but I still want to go through it at some point...

Back to back on RiME! I'll have to give it a look. I like games that make me emotional.
There's plenty of emotional payoff in that game, so don't miss it. You can finish it in a couple hours if you're not looking for every collectible from the get go, and what initially looks like a kiddy adventure soon turns into a massive rollercoaster of events, feelings, emotions. I very much recommend it if you want emotions, it's easily one of the most impactful (on me) game stories I ever witnessed.
I would highly recommend completely ignoring the collectible stuff unless you stumble on it by accident and just flow smoothlessly through the game.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
It didn't make me cry, but it definitely got to me at the end of re2, claire's run.
Annete dies, and sherry's reaction to it hit me kind of. They made her too cute in this one.

thatjesushair

Mar 21, 2019
The last hour or so of Metal Gear Solid 4 gave me so many emotions, definitely cried at the end.

Also happy to see so many Xenoblade Chronicles 2 love, that was definitely my most recent.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Interesting that for most people the peak emotional moment for TLOU is the intro. For me it is definitely the ending.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Red Dead Redemption 2 is the only one I think. I shed a tear with Rime's ending though.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
The Walking Dead Season 1
f5dd9d31a2877ce23188cfead9125283.gif

I'd gotten emotional in other games (the ending of The Last Guardian, the ending of Journey) but I'd only shed a tear
with Lee's death
nice move spoiling it in the process lol

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Like OP, I choked up at the end of Walking Dead S1 and also RDR 1 but never really cried.

Journey didnt drive me to tears or anything but it gave me this kind of swelling feeling of emotion that was in the same ballpark.