• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just Silent Hills

Mega Man Legends 3 is my most wanted game ever. But the progress on the 3DS game looked bad. So I didn't mind that it was cancelled.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
True Fantasy Live Online (Xbox)
truefa15.jpg

truefa7.jpg

Game was pretty much done before it was canned on the home stretch. It was to be the first big console MMO. Had a ton of style and looked gorgeous at the time.

Peter Molyneux/Lionhead's B.C. (Xbox)
1096789-bc103_97.jpg

It was their next big open world game, multiple milestones were hit during development and it did actually make some legitimate progress even if it took a long time. Just dropped one day and they never bothered to mention it was cancelled.

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
I've been disappointed by quite a few, but pissed off? I think only for Star Wars 1313 and Gotham by Gaslight.

1313 - Finally a game not focused on jedis, but being a bounty hunter? With the visuals they showed? Sign me up!
Gotham by Gaslight - Batman in Victorian England with steampunk gadgets. I think it was being made by the F.E.A.R. devs to boot.
Prey 2 - Bounty hunting FPS in a cyberpunk world.

Remapped88

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Hey SNK.......I'm still waiting.
jrTqnSK.jpg

Also Capcom Fighting All-Stars just because even if it wasn't great, they still could've improved it in updates or a sequel. Instead, it got canceled altogether and we got Capcom Fighting Jam/Evolution because of it.

XkS33rp.jpg

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
I don't know about "pissed off", but I was and still am saddened by the cancellation of C&C Generals 2.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
True Fantasy Live Online (Xbox)
truefa15.jpg

truefa7.jpg

Game was pretty much done before it was canned on the home stretch. It was to be the first big console MMO. Had a ton of style and looked gorgeous at the time.

Peter Molyneux/Lionhead's B.C. (Xbox)
1096789-bc103_97.jpg

It was their next big open world game, multiple milestones were hit during development and it did actually make some legitimate progress even if it took a long time. Just dropped one day and they never bothered to mention it was cancelled.

This post took the words out of my mouth.

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome! You're the first person I've come across online who felt the same about Thrill Kill. I think most people learned of its existence after it was already canned.

Speaking of Thrill Kill, it was a staple in my college dorm common area (someone downloaded a playable copy of the game and used the spring method on their PS1 with an Game Shark to play it) until I bought my Dreamcast and Soul Calibur and DOA 2 took over.

As far as the first cancellation that "pissed me off"? Mega Man Legends 3. UGH.

SeanBoocock

Senior Engineer @ Epic Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Only games that stand out for me were ones that I worked on and were cancelled, or that people I knew were working on and seemed promising that were cancelled. Worst was Command & Conquer: Generals 2 (aka just Command & Conquer after a reboot).

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I was really disappointed that Pirates of the Carribean game that was being planned got canceled (I think it was the 360/PS3 generation).
Advent Rising trilogy. :_(
Oh yeah, I really enjoyed that first game, but it's cliffhanger will forever be shitty. :(

Also the Too Human Trilogy. I didn't much like the game (barely played it), but the cyber Norse God world was potentially really cool.

And the game was never even announced, but Golden Sun Dark Dawn (the DS one), also ended in a huge cliffhanger (the game ended right when things were starting to get interesting), but it didn't do well enough to get another one.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Off the top of my head, Megaman Starforce 4. I liked the SF series and I felt it needed at least one more game.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
Fez 2.

Just beat the first one. Curiously looked up to see if there'd be a sequel because oh man that'd be awesome!

Learned about the Phil Fish tantrum/drama and the subsequent cancellation of the sequel. FML

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe when I found out they were working on a Full Throttle 2 that got cancelled (or maybe didn't get anywhere). Probably a good thing, now that I think about it honestly. Full Throttle without Roy Conrad as Ben doesn't sound right to me now.

Starcraft Ghost is one I remember being upset about too.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Mega Man Legends 3, without a second thought.

Mega Man Legends 3.

Still hurts. But now that Inafune left Capcom I don't even care anymore. Even if Capcom eventually made it, it would be nothing but fan fiction without Inafune.

I hear this, but is that really a bad thing? I'm not sure Inafune even knew where the story was going.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly it might be Thrill Kill for me too. I'm trying to think of an earlier example but I'm coning up short. I was weirdly hyped for that one. My PS1 rocked the Thrill Kill CD tray sticker that came out of PSM (or some other magazine) for years.

Jan 11, 2018
Sadness for Wii. I don't think it was ever officially announced that it was cancelled. But as the years went by it was clear it would never come out.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure because I generally don't find out about the cancelations until years later, but I guess it would either be Van Buren (Fallout 3) or some of the games Obsidian had canceled over the years.

The list of games I loved and never got a sequel would be longer, but I am not sure if say a Tyranny 2 was ever in the works far enough to be anywhere close to be considered canceled.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I've been a bit saddened by some cancellations before but Silent Hills getting canned hurt worse than some break ups.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Pissed off by a game? I was working on the project I would understand it, otherwise never.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Pissed off is the wrong word.

Can't remember the first, but the one that sticks with me all these years later is Outcast II: The Lost Paradise for PS2.

20 years later I so badly hope that the folks of Appeal are able to make that game a reality some day.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Being a Blizz junkie in the past, I was ofc very dissapointed in Ghost but mostly Warcraft Adventures.

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
What if a game that hasn't been announced was cancelled?

I'd vote for Killzone 2 Remastered :'(

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Megaman Legends 3 cancellation was so disappointing. Was loving how the 3DS prototype gameplay was looking, if it'd had be canceled after that released and underperformed or something then I wouldn't have minded but they didn't even give that a shot. Ah well.

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019
Alan Wake 2. The first is one of my favourite games of all time, and Remedy was prototyping 2 when Microsoft decided not to move forward with it.

Oct 27, 2017
Immediately thought of Thrill Kill before clicking the thread. I remember always reading and anticipating it and then that big bomb drop that it was canceled. Wasn't til late when I realized I probably wouldn't have liked it after passing on similar shock value games like Manhunt and that escaped prisoner game.

But my real answer is that Jurassic Park Survival game around the time of JP3's release. Still waiting for something similar ffs!

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say I was angry, but I was massively disappointed when BC was canned.

www.youtube.com

B.C. Gameplay Trailer.mp4

This is some game-play footage of B.C. It was canceled by Peter Molyneux back in the days of the Xbox... Enjoy!!!