• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Its not the first time but I went up the wall when I read that the Unannounced/Untitled Starcraft Battlefield-isque game was cancelled in favor of expediting Diablo 4/Overwatch 2 development time

Doctor Zod

Jul 20, 2020
The Mortal Kombat Arcade HD remaster that was announced in 2008 or 2009 IIRC. Tho I was more upset that it was going to be PS3-exclusive since I no longer owned a PS3 at the time.

And again when it was cancelled a second time a few years ago.

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil
Not really, but whenever a japanese Vita game I wanted localized only came over for other platforms it stung.

The biggest one was Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk. I ended up getting it on Switch day one, but man. Another one is Catherine Fullbody. Mind that the japanese version of both (and many others with the same history) ran fine on the Vita.

But still, we had a great run of localizations for a platform that didn't sell tons.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Egg Monster Hero on the DS. We didn't get a Pokemon game until over two years into the DS' lifespan and this looked like the next closest thing.

OP
OP
ScOULaris

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
kotaku.com

Sources: Blizzard Cancels StarCraft First-Person Shooter To Focus On Diablo 4 And Overwatch 2

Blizzard has canceled a StarCraft first-person shooter that had been in development for the past two years, according to three people familiar with goings-on at the studio. The main reason, Blizzard told staff, was to put more resources into the Diablo and Overwatch franchises.
tenor.gif

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say I was "pissed off" or anything, but I was very disappointed in the cancellation of Prey 2. The demos for that made it look like exactly the type of game I wanted to play.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One that immediately popped into my mind was that Goldeneye HD remaster set to release on the 360. It was almost finished, IIRC

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
The first time I ever knew for sure that a game was canceled because they flat-out said so was Mother 3 for N64. I was really upset.

Lion

Banned
Jul 7, 2020
Amy Hennig's Star Wars game for sure.
Yeah, I think it was booked as uncharted in the star wars universe. The lore is so cool, that game didn't have to quite match the standards of the games it is imitating and can still be a great experience, fallen order proved this.

I was also really looking forward to scale bound. The premise sounded really weird, but I am confident platinum would have pulled out off. A massive fuckup from Microsoft, peeps were looking forward to it and this game world have got them a lot of kudos and made the range of their offering a lot more enticing.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've never gotten pissed off over a games cancellation, but Lily Bergamo was disappointing. The trailer looked amazing and that was set to be a first year PS4 release.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
Oh man. Off the top of my head.

Legacy of Kain: Dark Sun
Star Wars 1313
Scalebound
Batman Gotham by Gaslight era game
Silent Hills

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
I was so excited to get it and was counting the days, but it got delayed few months. Don't remember exactly how much time it was, but O was so disappointed.

Another one was Killzone 2. Remember it was pushed back from 2008 to 2009, but it actually made 2009 an epic year for PS3. It had so many great games that year.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Maybe not cancelled but heavily changed, the RE2.5 game. Silent Hills defo a good one.

Scalebound deserved to die.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
I think it was The Dark Knight game that was cancelled in 2008. It probably wasn't going to be all that good, but Pandemic had a solid track record, I loved the film, and an open world Batman game was one of my dream games at the time. Of course, Arkham Asylum ended up happening shortly after, which ultimately led to City, Origins, and Knight, so all was well.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
I'd been disappointed before by cancellations, but Star Wars 1313 was on a whole new level for me. Definitely pissed.

jblanco

Oct 27, 2017
FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII

And for the record, I don't hate FFXV, I actually did enjoy my time with it. But man, the style and vibe of Versus XIII was a whole 'nother level...

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Well Shenmue III was never officially canceled back in the day but it disappearing for decades sure hurt that first year or two when it was pretty clear it wasn't gonna happen. But then Yakuza came along and I quickly stopped caring until III actually did happen... and now at least I know Shenmue will never be finished, and neither should it ever be. So I'm cool with the series.

But for a legit cancelation - probably MM Legends 3. Seems like a cruel joke looking back - game never officially gets greenlit yet it sorta gets announced and worked on and then canned... what an odd serious of events that was. Would have been nice to finally get a sequel though I never quite understood why the idea of introducing a new playable character seemed like a good idea...

Oh, and I still miss the various RE iterations of 2 and 4 that never were... I'd love a 1.5 and 3.5 release one of these days (especially over a remake of 4...)

robjoh

Oct 31, 2017
The move of Super paper mario from GC to Wii. Would have been a day one game for me, have not bought it yet. I understand why they did it, the GameCube was dead, so pissed of is a strong word. Disappointed would be more accurate.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
Level-5's True Fantasy Live Online.

Dude, in the early days of Xbox Live, my friends and I were so fucking hyped for this game. It was a really sad day when we learned that it had been canceled.