• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
I was just thinking about this. Obviously the Christian Bale incident came to mind lol. But I don't mean an interruption to someone in the zone. But rather when an actor gives an amazing inspired performance of a given line/scene, do the surrounding cast and crew applaud or cheer or react in any way afterward or is it just silence with maybe a good job or something from the director?

Is it possible to recognize such a performance in the moment or does the full gravitas of it require the context of the motion picture?

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These scenes are usually rehearsed and recited over and over and over again so they aren't as interesting to see in person, but they might applaud after the director calls cut if it's something that was difficult to pull off, like a stunt.

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
From my personal experience in freelance and stories from people I know, hardly ever. Its distracting if they need to do another take and so on.

Mar 3, 2018
I was an assistant on the set of Country Girls Ride Raw #7. We had a long shooting day on a farm in the outskirts of South Carolina. It was ridiculously hot and our generators were basically fuming at this point. During the last scene of the day which involved the actress milking a real cow things were going relatively OK during rehearsals. The scene was supposed to transition into her milking the actor and the director decided to do a single continuous take. She started milking the cow and then the actor walks in playing the farmer. Suddenly the cow looked over and decided to sit down and the actress's hands were now pinned under her. We didn't know wtf to do and the director didn't say cut, so we kept rolling. The actor decided to improv and it turned into him helping her out from under the cow and then after she was set free they started doing it right there on top of the sitting cow. She was covered in pure unpasteurized milk at this point, literally speaking.

After the director shouted cut everyone started clapping as it was pretty incredible to witness.

So I guess it depends on the situation and context, but it does happen.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
I was an assistant on the set of Country Girls Ride Raw #7. We had a long shooting day on a farm in the outskirts of South Carolina. It was ridiculously hot and our generators were basically fuming at this point. During the last scene of the day which involved the actress milking a real cow things were going relatively OK during rehearsals. The scene was supposed to transition into her milking the actor and the director decided to do a single continuous take. She started milking the cow and then the actor walks in playing the farmer. Suddenly the cow looked over and decided to sit down and the actress's hands were now pinned under her. We didn't know wtf to do and the director didn't say cut, so we kept rolling. The actor decided to improv and it turned into him helping her out from under the cow and then after she was set free they started doing it right there on top of the sitting cow. She was covered in pure unpasteurized milk at this point, literally speaking.

After the director shouted cut everyone started clapping as it was pretty incredible to witness.

fuckin rofl

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
After I complete a particularly daunting task at work, all of my peers clap and congratulate me for a job well done.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017

very nice

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
Cries of "simply marvelous" and "breath taking" can be heard among the gasps and cries as well.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017

What The Fuck

brb

ChubbyHuggs

Oct 27, 2017

Kf79Exm.gif

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London

Jesus Christ.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
yea they do sometimes, after Leo's speech in Django where he cut his hand and kept going, when they cut the other actors clapped and honored it

Oct 25, 2017

This is going in the Era hall of famr