• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I'm playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey and I just kill everyone. :D No mercy to my enemies! though I don't think it makes much of a difference in that game. What do you guys normally do when given the option?

Edit damn auto correcting again :( stealth

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey and I just kill everyone. :D No mercy to my enemies! though I don't think it makes much of a difference in that game. What do you guys normally do when given the option?

The smiley face in this post really broke me. I can't stop laughing.

I try my best to not kill anyone I don't have to!

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Try to avoid killing. Incapacitate or sneak by....

But MGS also makes a rampage fun on subsequent playthroughs.

COMBAT HIGH

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Any game that gives me a non lethal option is what I go for. If someone dies, I reload a save.

I remember playing the entirety of Dishonored 2 without so much as a single kill. So in my second playthrough I tried more violent tactics and...whew...that game sure earns it's M rating. I found it genuinely shocking how much stuff I missed. Yet, I wouldn't change a thing.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
what kind of casual has to interact with enemies in a stealth game instead of just sneaking past them? smh

non-lethal when possible

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I go non-lethal whenever possible, it is often more challenging and rewarding.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Kill them. I'm not good enough with stealth to have any outstanding liabilities that might wake up mid-mission.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
depends on how annoying I find the stealth.

AC games I can do it. MGS, just kill people.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
In Dishonored 1, I did a non-lethal playthrough where I KO'ed people in my path. Of course, up next was body disposal, so I did what I thought was logical at the time and dumped the, still alive, bodies in some water.

Boy oh boy was I ever embarrassed when I saw that I had some kills on my record because I forgot that people can drown.

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
my experience is best described with

I3wrGg7.gif

ByWatterson

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Depends on whether one or the other consumes ammo. Whichever is more efficient as to ammunition, that's my method.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It just depends. I'm not going to go out of my way in Hitman, for example, most of the time, to find a non-lethal weapon if I've got something like a throwing star that will just do the same job. But if I've just got a can of soup, I guess they're getting knocked out with a can of soup.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Does knocking them out but leaving them in life threatening situations they might not escape count as non lethal? It's not my fault they fell into the alligator pit or active volcano

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
If I can, I prefer to not touch em at all, but some games are just not designed like that. To me, the most satisfying way to do stealth is so that nobody even realized you were there. And guard finding a corpse, or somebody waking up with a headache, would immeiately be like "somebody been here". No, I want it to be a "they noticed something missing like 5 days later" kinda situation

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017

I just finished playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey, and it's completely useless not to kill them, and life it's easier if you do.

In other games, I just do whatever is easier, although I found out that in many games you can "cheese" it by killing someone, then they see it and approach the dead body so you kill him too, then another approaches and just repeat.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I forget the emblem name on MGS4, but lethal stealth is my go to. I think it was tarantula maybe?
I did go fairly non lethal on MGSV though, due to corpses not being useful on Mother Base lol.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Non lethal when possible.

There is enough games I play about murdering everything in sight, so I like to take advantage of the stealth.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I try to do non-lethal, unless they've done something that's clearly morally reprehensible.

For example, I'm generally non-lethal in Deus Ex: Human Revolution. But when I come back to the Alice Pods and see what happened, I tend to pull out the armblades and murder every single Belltower op there, even though I could easily ghost my way out.

Denamitea

Nov 1, 2017
I almost always will try to play non leathily if given the option. I like the added moral dilemma that it gives the experience and I like it when it comes with the added difficulty of the possibility of enemies waking back up before you finish in an area.

I loved playing non leathily in MGSV for instance. The open ended nature of the gameplay and level design really made it exciting to plan out all of your moves/ options in case one of the guards you knocked out wakes back up.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Preferably none of the above, but non-lethal if I have to. Lethal is a last resort.

Being a ghost is where the real fun lies. The thing you were guarding is now missing/the person you were protecting is now dead, but nobody saw a thing? Perfect!

W17LY

Aug 29, 2018
I prefer to kill them, but some games punish killing against just knocking so... They lead you to a non lethal way.

Oct 27, 2017
I knock them out and then kill them either by shooting them so they don't wake up or throwing their bodies over a ledge. This sounds really bad now that I type it out.

if there are gameplay penalties for killing then I'll stick to nonlethal.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
It depends on the character I'm playing. Agent 47 should be good enough to only kill his target and then vanish without a trace, so that's how I play Hitman. I play Adam Jensen as if he were a super hero and go full nonlethal. Big Boss grows into a pretty awful person with no regard for those around him, so his MGS games will leave a trail of bodies behind him.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on tbe lore.

If they're dangerous horrible people in-lore, they die.

If they're simply guards or not tied to some kind of heinous plot, they get a KO.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I just started playing ACO myself a couple weeks ago and have been assassinating the shit out of everyone. How does knocking someone out work? I assume they get revived if another NPC finds them?