• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
After Thanksgiving*

For putting up the tree and stuff like that. However living in a cold climate where it gets dark super early after daylight savings time. I like the idea of the lights on houses being allowed on from now until mid March. I personally see it as a cold season thing.

Ans I don't get mad at places playing Xmas music. That's petty.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
A week after Thanksgiving. We still have Colonialist Bullshit Food Day to get through before Hyper-Capitalist Day can start.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
After Thanksgiving

I appreciate stores putting out the Little Debbie Christmas Trees ASAP tho

Jun 10, 2018
First day of December, which is what it should be unlike the weirdoes who start celebrating the moment it hit midnight yesterday

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
After Thanksgiving. I don't want to hear a Christmas song, see decorations, or see a commercial about Christmas until after I hate myself for eating too much stuffing.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
December 1st. I dont move on to the next holiday until the previous one is at least over with.

There is some guy around here that put up Christmas decorations on his lawn back in the first week of October, while everyone was putting up Halloween/Fall decorations.

That's the scum of the earth right there!

Bazza

Oct 27, 2017
I'm another Scrooge, Christmas Eve to Boxing Day, I just have never felt particularly festive around Christmas since I was about 11-13ish. I don't have any particular distaste for Christmas except for the songs, they drive me nuts as I have probably heard every song that will play hundreds of times over the years already. It was OK last year as I was working from home, this year I am back in the office. The extra Bank Holiday's are welcome though.

Edit: one thing in Christmas' favour though is the mince pie availability, they are lush warm out the oven with cold cream poured on.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Halloween Season: September 1st to November 3rd.
Thanksgiving Season: Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday
Christmas Season: December 24th to December 26th.

Meauxse

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
As soon as I out down my fork after turkey dinner on turkey day.

My beard instantly turns white, I start craving cookies and carrots, and my wardrobe gets singular minded

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
Usually the day after Thanksgiving. But really from about Oct 1 I'm battling with my wife to prolong it for as long as possible, so really it starts about 5 seconds after we're done with Thanksgiving dinner. Decorations start going up as soon as people leave the house. The tree might go up that night or the next day depending on how late it is.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Day after thanksgiving in our house. The Friday after Thanksgiving we go to get our Christmas tree, well really whatever day has the best weather that weekend, and that's the official "start" of Christmas season for me. Been going to the same tree farm for about ~32 years or so, 4 generations of my family have been out there to get our respective trees.

I'll get my Christmas lights/decorations up on the Monday after thanksgiving. I usually take that day off to turn it into a 5 day weekend and use the Monday to get everything set up.

I'm the opposite from a lot of people... my wife is a grinch who hates christmas to be a holiday hipster, and so Christmas decorations are up to me.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Black Friday.

I heavily turn my nose up on those who start decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Probably about halfway through December, depending on how much I'm "feeling it" that year.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Outdoor Christmas Lights - November 1st
Tree up - week before Thanksgiving
All other decorations - day after Thanksgiving
Christmas movie season - December 1st

There's an order to my madness in terms of effort/difficulty.

Oct 27, 2017
like many, after thanksgiving. i've always associated christmas with winter and i want to stretch out the fall season for as long as i can. i've always lived in the south where we barely have fall, don't just start throwing snowman imagery at me right after halloween

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Right now.

But, I'm gonna take Hallmark channel cue and start Oct 22 from now on.

Watching Christmas movie marathons and commercials the day before and on Halloween is surreal.

Indurian

Oct 27, 2017
I used wait as late as possible if at all to setup for Christmas. Can't really do that with a kid. So the comprise is as soon as Thanksgiving is over. (I keep a gift list throughout the year and start shopping around now though)

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dec 20th is when I usually start to consider who I should buy gifts for, and when I decide where I'll be on xmas eve or xmas day

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
for me the big 3 start on the first of the month they're in. no holiday leap frogging, hate that shit.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
It feels like it truly starts the day after Thanksgiving for me, but I will play my Christmas playlist a few times before then just because.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
5EM2wz1.gif

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Normally after Thanksgiving weekend but we are planning an early Christmas party so we will start in November I think.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Thanksgiving is on a Thursday, the Christmas season starts that Friday; haters back off 'til New Years' Day.

Brandino

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
I was listening to Mannhiem Steamroller this morning. Generally, Trans-Siberian Orchestra I'll play year round. Most other stuff I wait till after Halloween