• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

When do you expect to get vaccinated?

• Already have

Votes: 32 5.6%
  • 1-3 months

Votes: 73 12.7%
  • 3-6 months

Votes: 186 32.3%
  • 6-12 months

Votes: 223 38.7%
  • 12 months+

Votes: 58 10.1%
  • I choose not to get vaccinated

Votes: 4 0.7%

• Total voters

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
"You should expect to receive your first dose of vaccine between 14/07/2021 and 28/09/2021.

You should then get your second dose by between 06/10/2021 and 21/12/2021."

In the UK, based off the vaccination calculator, I'm due mid-2022....

How are you getting 2022? I just put in a bunch of random birthdays and they all basically show the same date (summer-winter 2021.)

Last edited:

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Probably a while. I'm in my 20s, no conditions, can work from home, no contact with the public etc. etc.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I'm an essential worker in the US, I'm expecting to get it by summer. My employer (a large university) was suggesting March but that seems kind of lofty to me.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Probably around the end of spring or beginning of summer, so ~6 months.

My dad fortunately already got his first shot last week.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm 39 and have some underlying conditions. I expect April or May. (Southwestern US)

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Peru did a terrible job securing some doses because we were busy fighting against a coup attempt by Congress, so we're only getting a million vaccines (for 500k people) this month from a Chinese lab (forgot the name) and then more doses in September and October from other labs.
Not really positive I'll be getting the vaccine any time soon...

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I'll be among the very last to get it for sure. Which is fine by me. I have no idea the time frame for this kind of thing but getting it even next year I'd consider to have been pretty pacey.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a grocery worker right now, so I'm slated for the second phase of four locally, along with my dad who is in the 75+ group. Honestly would rather trade with my mom who is in the third group since she falls under 75, but I guess they probably wouldn't allow that.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
A few months, at least according to Fauci who said most people would be able to get one anywhere sometime in April.

In the US I mean.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
I'd have said 6-12 months a few months ago, but considering how many people are turning it down, especially in a healthcare setting, I think it might be 3-6 months or less just because it effectively cuts the waiting list in almost half.

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
Who fucking knows. I imagine I'll get an email from my insurance-approved provider some day. I don't have 'a doctor' I talk to about stuff.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Those of you in lower phases, if you can accompany someone to the vaccine site you can ask if they have any extra doses. Folks no show and if the vaccine is prepped it must be used or discarded so you might luck into a dose (and in the US you'll get a second appointment at the time you get the first dose). This isn't formal process, but I have not heard of a single time folks being told no.

The doctors/staff on site want to get all of the doses used.

hockeypuck

Oct 29, 2017
Got the second Pfizer dose yesterday and man did I get put through the ringer last night. Severe chills. Never had a vaccine reaction before that. Same thing happened to my colleague. Already feeling a lot better this morning. Maybe I shouldn't have gotten the dose while I'm post call, sleep-deprived and probably dehydrated lol.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully soon? I'm in a high risk group due to be immunocompromised, but messaging on distribution has been lacking here in California.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Summer at the earliest, likely fall. I care a whole lot more about my parents getting it than me

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
About 6 months, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was longer. I'm probably at the bottom of the list, and for good reason.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I'm signing up for the wait list in my state today where they tell you your placement. Just my own gut feeling probably not until late Spring or mid summer thinking optimistically.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Should begin in six months, dont know whens my actual time but sometime after summer i guess

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Im going for May, my wife is getting vaccinated on Monday because she is a nurse working for the NHS in the UK. Reckon us civvys will be a few months behind. Keir Starmer is putting Boris under severe pressure to ramp up the vaccinations though so could be sooner.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Getting my 2nd dose of the Moderna vaccine on 1/20.

#FirstResponder

tenor.gif

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm an essential worker in two different fields, lol. As someone that was basically forced to be at risk every day through this entire endeavor, I suspect I'm last on the list.

N1corex

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 7, 2020
According to Arizona general population wont be starting till summer. I honestly don't know maybe 12 months from now who knows. I'm not high risk with limited quantity I would hope someon that needs it get it before me tbh.

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My union is trying to get us it ASAP because they think we are essential. And we are, but we aren't in a medical field so who knows when. Probably within the next few months.

Annatar86

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
Not old enough and not in any risk category, so according to Italy's current plan I'm gonna be due in Ocrober-December

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in 1C so probably another 2 months...maybe 3? I think they are starting 1B here next week

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
In Maryland in the US. Even if my job can wing me as "essential" I do not see anything before June.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
It's reasonable to be cynical about a lot surrounding different countries' COVID responses, but broadly speaking widespread vaccination seems like a sure shot by the middle of this year in the US, UK, and Europe. Israel and some other outliers will probably be done well before then.

I'd normally be pessimistic about a roll-out like this, but I think in this case there's real reason for optimism. I may not personally get a dose until later this year or early next, but I'm also not especially at-risk, and if we concentrate on vaccinating the people who are, the restrictions can be relaxed for me and others like me by spring / summer of 2021.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I work IT for a hospital network and I just had it opened up to me. I'm getting my first shot on Tuesday.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
According to Massachusetts, Phase 3 innoculations (basically 'everyone else') is April to June. I don't know how they expect to be done by start of July but I guess I'm 3-6 months based on that. Though I'm expecting it'll be later than that for me and that estimate is overly optimistic.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Healthy and in my 30s. I'm guessing anywhere from July - December. Gut feeling tells me September.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not expecting anything til late summer or autumn at the earliest.

Drek

Oct 27, 2017
1C Essential, current estimate is February/March per our company's internal team working on it. They're obviously trying to pull that forward as much as possible, will get it as soon as they offer it.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
I should be up for it soon if there's any truth to the waves. I'm an essential worker, I'm in public 12 hours per day, I can deliver cases of the vaccine itself, but so far I've heard zero news on us having it available to us, which is just baffling.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Pretty much damn near the back-ish of the line. Wife just got vaccine(works front desk at Doctors office), and I just recovered from actually getting it (overall only saw mild symptoms)

But 42, overall healthy, not on any lists to move me ahead. Only thing that may help my standing is I do physically work at insurance office (industry declared "essential" that could stay open in the worst of the pandemic and lockdowns, but can also easily go "remote" very easily opon need and its not, you know, Doctors office/Grocery store essential, so I doubt that helps.

I know all medical workers, otherwise majorly essential workers, people living/working in nursing/care home, teachers, school age kids + young adults are all ahead on the list, so I'm pretty much last.

I do get a bit salty, because I'll gladly take the thing, and then I read of medical office employees (who you think would know better) declining their shots at shockingly high levels, but whatever. Hopefully, with Biden this process goes quicker and it doesn't take a year. Really wish I could have it by summer though.