• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When will things go back to "normal"?

Votes: 13 1.0%
  • 2021 (if a vaccine is developed)

Votes: 758 60.4%
  • Beyond 2021

Votes: 484 38.6%

• Total voters

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
True!

I'm in Hong Kong, which is a small and easily-manageable city with lots of $$$$..
As for other places, it doesn't look too good. (such as UK and US)
Here in the UK I feel like it just needs/needed another month or two of an actual lockdown, but instead they're trying to do a big rush to kickstart the economy before (and will more than likely cause) a second wave.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Beyond 2021, I think we'll have a vaccine in mid-late 2021, but it'll take another 6-12 months of slowly getting the whole world treated while slowly snuffing out pockets of the virus and dealing with anti vaxxers to truly get things back to normal.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Here in the UK I feel like it just needs/needed another month or two of an actual lockdown, but instead they're trying to do a big rush to kickstart the economy before (and will more than likely cause) a second wave.

It feels like everyone's already "over it" in the UK (at least around where I am). It's mad. I had to go into the office last week and get some food in my city centre, and it was absolutely swarming with people. No masks, no distancing, it was just chaos.

I think next year is the logical guess, as long as there's some sort of vaccination/treatment available. Even then, you're going to have massive changes to how things are handled.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
We really do not understand Covid-19, no matter how much we pretend like we do, we don't even know how it spreads. Unless a miracle vaccine happens (Oxford vaccine is looking good) we will be dealing with this for years to come.

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think it will be beyond 2021. Let's hope I'm wrong like in most polls ...

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I am going to be pessimistic about it. I read that if we wait until January for Biden to take office and he immediately enforces mask wearing it will be too late and could take 5 years before it's under control.

Worse still the vaccine may have to be a yearly thing or bi-annual thing since immunity could last only 6 months.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I consider normal being able to travel like we used to, going to concerts, going to events that gather a lot of people, not having to wear a mask all the time, going to the movies, venues being able to hold people at regular capacity, those things. I don't think we'll go back to that until later next year, or maybe beyond 2021, I don't know.