• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When do you think we will see the next trailer/footage of BOTW2?

• Mid June

Votes: 37 10.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 6.6%
  • Nintendo's Summer/Post E3 Direct in August

Votes: 123 33.8%
  • The Game Awards 2020 (If That's not cancelled either)

Votes: 85 23.4%

Votes: 95 26.1%

• Total voters

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
If the virus didn't happen and E3 was still happening than we would of likely got a new trailer next month from their E3 Direct, however now that 2020 is just the way it is now we have no idea what Nintendo's plans are, last Thursday we got the announcement of PM:TOK, so uploading trailers on social media is now a possibility.

We haven't gotten a new trailer since E3 2019, it's been 11 months since then, the last time we went that long without a trailer for an already announced Zelda game was BOTW (Zelda Wii U at the time) from TGA 2014 gameplay-November 2015 teaser.

It would kind of shock me if we went a full year without any new footage or information but it's likely going to happen, unless Nintendo decides to upload a new trailer on June 11th, the day where Nintendo's E3 Direct would of been.

What do you think?

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

Norsuchamp

Feb 6, 2020
Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4 and SMTV laugh to these itsy-bitsy times between any shown footage.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
If they intend to release it soon, this summer. If they don't, who knows. It's impossible to predict what Nintendo will do.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll say this much: It's a bad year for Zelda fans...

Lark

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'm very confident it would have been at E3 this year. However, unless it miraculously releases in 2020, I see little reason for Nintendo to release the trailer on its own this summer over Twitter or the like, since they seem to be focused on the short-term future right now.

I think we'll see it at the next Direct, whenever that is.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm still holding out for a 2020 Q4 release so hopefully in June/July. But who knows what's going on due to Covid-19, everything has gotten messed up.

Still they need a big holiday title, and as of right now there's really no other option we readily know of that exists and may be ready in time. I don't see them delaying it unless it truly isn't ready and the team needs more time, but for a direct sequel that's been in development for a solid 3 years now and will have a good 3.5 by release, that seems rather surprising. Even for Zelda.

OP
OP
Meelow

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I'm very confident it would have been at E3 this year. However, unless it miraculously releases in 2020, I see little reason for Nintendo to release the trailer on its own this summer over Twitter or the like, since they seem to be focused on the short-term future right now.

I think we'll see it at the next Direct, whenever that is.

Not necessarily, Zelda is one of those games that just adds good exposer to Nintendo, even though I've already accepted that it will be a 2021 title, seeing a new trailer right now won't hurt it.

brykuhn91

Oct 27, 2017
3d mainline Zelda trailers are usually saved for big events such as E3, Game awards or other large events. If this is a holiday 2021 game they will probably wait till the game awards. I'm really hoping we see a trailer as soon as possible though.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Do people really think the Game Awards could be cancelled? Geoff is already doing a digital Summer show to replace E3 and if things are still going on in December he would have ample time to make similar accomodations for the Game Awards. It seems like an incredibly safe bet that they will happen, IMO.

That being said, I really haven't a clue when we will see BOTW2. Nintendo could drop a trailer tomorrow or it could be next E3 before we see it again.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I would have expected it at the E3 Direct, but now that that's existence is uncertain I'd guess it'll either be dropped on Twitter sometime this Summer or in the next extant Direct.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I kinda doubt it would have been shown at E3 to be honest since there's no indication it was going to come out this year; Nintendo tends to use E3 to showcase games out the same year or reveal new games that are further out. BOTW 2 is neither of those.

I'd say if there's still some form of Game Awards this year, it could be then.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
TGA and not soo er than that
Today's report about directs and few games coming should cement that

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
This thread made me just think about it

If there's no TPHD + WWHD type thing(who knows, could still happen), This will be the first year since 2012 that no new Zelda game released.

2019 - LA, Cadence
2018 - Hyrule W DX
2017 - BOTW
2016 - TP HD
2015 - Triforce Heroes, MM 3D
2014 - Hyrule
2013 - WWHD
2011 - OoT3d and Skyward