• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Should kindness be condemned? Absolutely not.

The problem here is that some dudes are kind to people just to get that person to notice them with the intent of having a sexual relationship. These people suck ass and it is incredibly transparent.

People can respect others while respecting themselves. It is okay to be an empath, but you can't go broke trying to make other people happy. You can be nice without being overbearing.

"simps" are pretty overwhelming and cringey. Just be fair and treat others how you would want to be treated regardless of gender and it will look much more organic.
You don't need a term that refers to women as "Mediocre Pussy"

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I am still mad about the internet taking the fun out of "Woke". Goddamn it white people, we let you torture and murder "bling", wasn't that enough?

Dead Guy

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
Most people I see use it to refer to dudes who donate massive amounts of money to female streamers in the hopes that it gets them noticed. In those cases I get why using the word makes sense. But then of course people started using it everywhere and now you have a bunch of guys who call anyone who shows kindness towards women a simp which just makes them look like a misogynistic tool.

Zemst

Oct 27, 2017
I believe its an internet meme. Didnt know it was in the lexicon
Simp isn't some internet meme, it was used in real life and in music if you listen to even a minimum of rap you'd here it. I guess it's a bit funny seeing these responses itt if you're black. Same goes for based.. which still gets used by non alt right people to this day no matter what dictionary.com says( no it doesn't mean unwoke, who approves this shit)

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
You don't need a term that refers to women as "Mediocre Pussy"

100%. I dislike all of this terminology as they try to demean people for being well intentioned, but I do believe that there is a conversation to be had about kindness and intent. Being nice for the wrong reason is deception.

I've been called a simp online for be pretty radically left and vocal for my support of women, minorities, and LGBTQIA+ people. I shrug it off because I know what my intent is and it doesn't bother me what an idiot says online. Usually though, when people get hung up on being called a "simp" or a "white knight" someone got under their skin because just maybe the intent wasn't entirely good and there is some end goal present that they don't want others to be aware of.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
100%. I dislike all of this white boy appropriation of the terminology as it demeans people for being well intentioned, but I do believe that there is a conversation to be had about kindness and intent. Being nice for the wrong reason is deception.
Totally agree.

I think the term "Nice Guy" covers this pretty well, but seems to have fallen out of use in recent years.

OP
OP
Melkezadek

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna ask mod to close the thread. I go through too much shit on a daily only to have my blackness questioned because I didn't grow up using a word. Sorry for even making this

Status
Not open for further replies.