• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

when did drake peak

• so far gone

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • thank me later

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • take care

Votes: 113 37.3%
  • nothing was the same

Votes: 75 24.8%
  • views

Votes: 30 9.9%
  • scorpion

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • drake has not yet peaked

Votes: 60 19.8%

• Total voters

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing was the same is his only classic (Sampha was a huge contributer).

Still respect him as a legend in the game ofc

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
Take Care in terms of artistic quality I think. Still makes aight stuff but nothing exciting/interesting or novel for him

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Popularity wise or music wise? Music wise his stretch from Take Care -> Nothing Was the Same -> IYRTITL was definitely his peak. Popularity wise it's definitely 2015 to now basically

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I voted Take Care but Drake is not an album artist so the poll choices all feel weird to me.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Album-wise his best album was NWTS tied with Take Care, just depends on your preference.

Personally I'd say NWTS was my most listened to Drake album. Still with that said Take Care turned Drake into DRAKE.

wideface

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hidamari Apartments
D2TE.gif

Real

Oct 28, 2017
His loosies have always better than his albums. Technically, "Care Package" is his best album to me.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Drake isn't really an album artist but he will never capture the magic of Take Care again, and he knows this.

Gwenpoolshark

Jan 5, 2018
The Pool
Nothing was the same is a pretty good album and nearly everything else he's made is not.

Conversely, his nadir must surely be rapping about how he loves to go to the Cheesecake factory.

Screen_Shot_2016-09-06_at_5.43.50_PM.0.0.png

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
For me it was Nothing Was The Same, if we aren't counting if you're reading this.

I still think, if he really cared, he could pull of a great album. But he is too busy chasing that streaming money to make something cohesive and filler-less.

Zeusy

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
WA
If anything Drake is still on the up and IYRTITL was the thing to take him in ultra mode. Take care was solid and with out it we would've never had NWTS, but it was IYRTITL that had everyone talking. I was in college when this dropped and he took over when that dropped it was insane.

OP
OP
blame space

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
there's only so many poll options i couldn't fit mixtapes. it's more like a general era

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
If you're reading this even despite the Quentin shit was the peak. The meek battle. I think it's been a very slow decline from there, but we will see how clb turns out

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
NWTS an If you're reading this are his only complete albums. Rest has a couple solid tracks but I don't vibe with em, never liked Take Care much although it's a favourite of many

Jul 4, 2018

For me it was probably when he was the second best rapper on this track behind Eminem, decent to outshine Kanye and Lil Wayne back in day.

Funny (maybe a poor choice of word on my part but can't think of a better one) to think about where all of them are in their live now though.

Feb 4, 2018
popularity wise it's like a big long plateau from take care to now, every era had massive singles which is really all most people care about i think

my favorite was nwts though, the intro to own it will randomly play in my head on a regular basis

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely 2015-2016 with If You're Reading This in the spring, then Hotline Bling in the fall, then Views in the spring of 2016 with One Dance.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
71TRfYUtDLL._SL1500_.jpg

NWTS was his only album that was a banger from beginning to end.

It's also peak 40 Production imo. Dude is a genius.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm picking he's not at his peak yet. His peak is when he makes his duet album with either Taylor Swift or Adele. He's going to marry one or the other.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does Drake acknowledge The Struggle in his music at all? He's always striked me as a happy go lucky dude. Would never have predicted his mainstream career would be this long.