• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I remember growing up seeing commercials or TV shows with women avoiding certain clothing because it made thier butts looks big (apparently a bad thing). Women would also ask "does this make my butt look big" and the "correct" answer would be no.

Baby Got Back came out in 1992, but the big butt hate (as far as I remember) went throughout the 90s.

So what made big butts attractive to [most] everyone and when did it happen?
OK

For those saying "forever", if you're over 40 did the women in your life always want a big butt?
I can live with this answer.

To all you "forever" people: you must be young.

Well Im a Black African so a big ass has always and I mean always been seen as attractive......I spent quite a bit of my youth in South Africa and Botswana still some of the most aesthetically pleasing woman to look at even after living all over the world
Back home there was even a stupid joke about ATMs (African Trade Marks)......with the internet this saying transformed into something else entirely but still related to Ass......you know what it is.

Without coming off as racist, but when I was younger we even used to make fun of white girls who had flat asses, my less cultured friends still get a good chuckle from looking at white girls without ass.
When white people discovered twerking, and we had the flattest asses giving it their all, my african circle of friends was in frikken comedy heaven.

For people of color, there hasnt been a change or sudden love of da booty, its white people who seemingly just discovered that booty is the business.
So this thread should probably be asking the none-poc when ass became all dad.

P.S I know this thread is about society as a whole, but if the community you live in or culture you are part of was already respecting the booty, its hard to tell when those outside the culture started to accept it.
Im still not sure if just us who enjoy the booty or if it is a general consensus, because for me ass has always been a thing, and I still see flat ass white girls all over the place being said to have "amazing bodies" so I assume that flatter figure is what those outside of our culture enjoy.

ScandiNavy

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Norway
User Banned (3 Days): Posting NSFW Content, Body Shaming, Accumulated Infractions
Seeing how we reached perfection in the 90's, I really don't know how it happened.
I really don't.
Just look at this!
Mod Edit: Removed NSFW Content

Last edited by a moderator:

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They really aren't IMO, I dislike the trend and don't get it at all. Same with huge tits.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Seeing how we reached perfection in the 90's, I really don't know how it happened.
I really don't.
Just look at this!
Kylie-s-Ass-kylie-minogue-22761433-398-600.jpg

Hahaha I just posted about this. As a poc im frikken lost.
Kylie is always...to this day praised as having one of the best bootys in entertainment.
Seriously white people....seriously:
kylie-minogue-during-mtv-europe-music-awards-2003-show-at-ocean-in-picture-id105172605

kylie-minogue-during-mtv-europe-music-awards-2003-show-at-ocean-in-picture-id105263440

^^ This is booty?

If Kylie was perfection what is Tristin Mays:
e7d86afb72ae107f31da90b33a8664dc.jpg

ScandiNavy

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Norway
Hahaha I just posted about this. As a poc im frikken lost.
Kylie is always...to this day praised as having one of the best bootys in entertainment.
Seriously white people....seriously:
kylie-minogue-during-mtv-europe-music-awards-2003-show-at-ocean-in-picture-id105172605

kylie-minogue-during-mtv-europe-music-awards-2003-show-at-ocean-in-picture-id105263440

^^ This is booty?

If Kylie was perfection what is Tristin Mays:
e7d86afb72ae107f31da90b33a8664dc.jpg
Eh! Can't say I have seen Kylie in person.
Pictures can lie, of course; positively or negatively. And videos I've seen does not show anything resembling the flat ass in your examples, but I digress.
You're able to see the intended look in the one I posted, which is the look white people like.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Rap just did not fit the pace of that trailer. I know people who love hip hop who was saying it didn't work.
I really don't.
Just look at this!
Kylie-s-Ass-kylie-minogue-22761433-398-600.jpg

And then...this?
Mod Edit: Removed NSFW Content
Hard pass on both bruh.

Well, more like soft pass on the former, but neither of those asses are appealing.

Big butt =/= heavy set butt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
Always been for black men. But hip hop is the most popular genre of music in the consumerism capital of the world. The Kim k tape helped too.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I think it always was to most people ?

Look at some dress designs in the middle ages to like the end of the 19th century : Dresses specifically designed to imply bigger butts and hips than what is hidden underneath.

As far as i can tell, the big butt "shame" is mostly a product of the 20th century. So it was bound to change back at some point. And the rise of hip-hop and black culture probably helped a lot bringing big butts on the screens (since black ladies tend to be quite gifted in that regards compared to white ladies). Latin culture too btw.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
The shape of them is everything. Not the size.

edit: HAHA, people think the world started in 2010 and with the Kardashians, hahahahahahhahaha.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of yall dont know what big butts are. Butts from the 50s and 60s aint got shit on the butts now.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
A toned ass these days is reflective of someone taking care of themselves and exercising. It's due care to emphasize and make a part of their body appealing.
So it's not just the simple 'wow, that's big', its' also the 'damn, that's impressive'.

Status
Not open for further replies.