• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Male or Female?

• Male

Votes: 563 47.9%
  • Female

Votes: 612 52.1%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
I'll try to construct as close an approximation of myself as the character creator will allow me, and make any dubious moral choices as closely as I would if is was in the situation.

Then for a replay... who knows/

Oct 30, 2017
It's CDProjekt. Of course those are our only options. They've made their stance on this quite clear.
Yeah I mean that I'll use the 'woman' option but I'll be thinking of them as non-binary. Honestly it feels weird to be playing a game that's supposedly set in the future but doesn't have non-binary as an option. I'm pretty sure we're only going to get more numerous by 2077!

Out of curiosity what kinds of options would you like to see in character creators for games? Is it the ability to classify the character as transgender and non binary? What other features do you think are missing that could improve in encompassing a more diverse character creation system?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
The female voice actress is one I like from many sources and it's pretty iconic to me now, so yea I'll go with the female.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I was all on board with picking a female character but then the 40 min demo happened and her VO was surprisingly unconvincing, even compared to the little bit we hear of the male VO in the Night City trailer.

This is doubly surprising to me since I really liked her performance as 2B.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
I usually play as a Male if given the choice. Though I might try out a female character in second playthrough just to see how things change.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Female.

The end of the Witcher 3 left me wanting to play as Ciri, and after seeing the footage from Cyberpunk, there's no doubts i'll be making my character like that.

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
Black Male.

I've never been comfortable playing a female character in a game that has a character creator / has a choice and I tend to try and model the character after myself.

Maybe that's narcissistic? Who knows.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not into FPS but the reason I'll be giving it a shot is because the demo (with the girl lead and the guy supporting her) reminded me of the Major and Batou from Ghost in the Shell doing their thing.

So yeah, will go for female and will make her look like you know who.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Black Male.

I've never been comfortable playing a female character in a game that has a character creator / has a choice and I tend to try and model the character after myself.

Nah that's perfectly normal. I've yet to play as a female in the Mass Effect trilogy and I've completed the trilogy 3 times so far. It just doesn't interest me. Maybe for the voice acting and different choices but idk for what else. Can't relate to a female character or just my imagination isn't that developed to roleplay as one.

Hero Prinny

Oct 25, 2017
i always alternate between games. so one game male, the next female. So it depends what game I play before unless one of the voice actors is just that much better for me to break the pattern

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Female. If there is a choice, I always use female. Think the only exception so far has been Pokemon BW2.

OP
OP
Brix

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Black Male.

There's nothing wrong with that at all. I'm just glad CDPR are giving us options. On my second playthrough I'm making a Namekian lol.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Out of curiosity what kinds of options would you like to see in character creators for games? Is it the ability to classify the character as transgender and non binary? What other features do you think are missing that could improve in encompassing a more diverse character creation system?
I just want to create a character without being told to think of them as either 'man' or 'woman'. Forcing a gender binary feels pointless and exclusionary to me. More cosmetic options would be cool too though. Facial hair for everyone, breasts for everyone, customizable musculature/body types that aren't tied to the man/woman binary, etc.

Troublematic

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Might be male since it's first person, but honestly it depends on the character creator, VA and most importantly the romance/sex options.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'll see how I feel at release. I tend to make pretty different characters whenever I'm able to.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
When the option exists, I used to always play as a male (as I am one). No other reason than to further the role playing experience.

Since my daughter was born though, I've switched to choosing females instead. My daughter was watching me play some game (can't remember what one) and was asking about the main character and bad guys, etc - it was a game completely filled with guys, and no girls present. Since then I wanted to make sure I played as a girl if I could - if she sees me playing she'll ask me questions about what's going on, and who's good/bad. I like that she'll know there's at least one girl in the game and that they're the "hero."

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
Female. It's been my dream game to play Major from Ghost in the Shell in an open world cyberpunk setting. Looks like dreams can come true.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I havnt decided yet it will depend on which one looks better to me when i make them

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I pick female 100% of the time I have a choice in games. I am a dude 100% of the time in reality so given the choice for games or movies or books etc I'll pick the opposite if it's there to be picked. More perspectives are always welcome.

knight714

Oct 27, 2017
I'll echo what's already been said here: it'll be incredibly disappointing if there aren't non-binary and trans options, not to mention unrealistic as by 2077 we'll almost certainly be at a place where it's completely normalised and no longer marginalised to the extent it is today.

Cyberpunk has always dealt with identity in a progressive and not including this is grotesque

Oct 25, 2017
Female as always, but I'm really fond of that "it's a city of dreams, and I'm a big dreamer" line with the male VA.

If I like the game enough, I'll go with male on a second playthrough.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Whatever is chosen by default. If nothing is and you get a choice prompt with nothing preselected it will probably be a flip of a coin since I intend to play though it more than once.

I honestly don't care.