• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you take the Covid vaccine immediately or wait

• Give it to me it now

Votes: 92 66.7%
  • I'm waiting to see potential side affects

Votes: 45 32.6%
  • I'm never taking it

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Would you vaccinate today?

If you got offered an effective vaccine today, that was approved by the EU/ whatever you have in the US. Would you take it? Considering they may not have figured out all the side effects. Swine flu vaccine comes to mind. I would absolutely inject it straight into my veins.

16bits

Apr 26, 2019
right now, id inject myself

the consequences of catching covid are worse than any vaccine side effect, and id also be protecting my community in doing so

Deleted member 83122

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 15, 2020
Totally waiting for me. I'm not sure what the cost will be, I don't have insurance, but I will probably get the vaccine sometime in the future. Kind of like a new console, you gotta wait for the reviews.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
I'd take it immediately. It's the responsible thing to do for society, and even if it isn't fully effective it still gives more protection than what we have currently (nothing).

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
My country is first going to inject the older and weaker population so I will probably have to wait.

I am not afraid of Covid but I would take the Vaccine when its available for me.

MaffewE

Feb 15, 2018
Let others beta test for me.
On one hand, I would point out the 'beta testing' is the testing already ongoing, and that once that's concluded there's a 99.99999999% chance it's safe.
On the other hand, you're apparently in Australia, so I'm already jealous of how you and New Zealand have been going with it, so eh. Maybe you can afford us 'much more prevalent' places (hi from the UK!) to go first...

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I'll wait for a bit if I can but I have a feeling I'll be required by work. Lasers fucked my eyes, have tinnitus and don't want to add any permanent sides collection.

drknickel

Oct 27, 2017
Friendly reminder: When you take an mRNA based vaccine chances are that there are very little side effects, but it will take 5-6 weeks for the vaccine to work. Also you will still have to wear a Facemask.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
In Canada 3 million doses is said to be available in early 2021, that won't be enough to vaccinate everyone, so it will be in a short supply for a while.
The target is by fall of 2021 for easy accessability.

That said, I'll try to get mine as soon as is reasonable.

Singher

Apr 10, 2018
A lot of you people are anti vaxxers without realizing it.

like I said in the other thread, the potential permanent liver, heart and lung damage from covid is far more dangerous than any potential side effects from a vaccine that's been tested by 40k people.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Waiting, but not due to side effects but due to efficacy.

Already the Astra Zenica trials have been shown to be so full of fuckups that they're expanding and re-running them.

MaffewE

Feb 15, 2018
Waiting, but not due to side effects but due to efficacy.

Already the Astra Zenica trials have been shown to be so full of fuckups that they're expanding and re-running them.
And the other two trials to report have so far shown no sign of any fuckups at all, nor is there any belief there have been any outside of AstraZeneca. And the the AstraZeneca one still shows it works to some degree, with the actual effectiveness the thing they need to pin down with further analysis.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
And the other two trials to report have so far shown no sign of any fuckups at all, nor is there any belief there have been any outside of AstraZeneca. And the the AstraZeneca one still shows it works to some degree, with the actual effectiveness the thing they need to pin down with further analysis.

Yeah, but I'm in the UK, so it's the AstraZeneca one that I care about.

I have no interest in getting two jabs for a 50/50 shot at immunity, that's just not a good cost/benefit to me. Once a 90+% effective single jab is available, sign me up.

MaffewE

Feb 15, 2018
Once a 90+% effective single jab is available, sign me up.
Wait, so two jabs, 90% is still not good enough for you?
Because the 'prime then boost' approach is quite common in vaccines, and there's only like one of the potential Covid-19 ones that's trying for a one jab approach...

Also, while the UK government might have 'pre-ordered' 100m doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine, they have also ordered another 250m+ doses of others.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. The chances of having a side effect are none. The biggest side effect you may get is a sore arm after the shot.
Let's be completely honest with people getting the vaccine, because they do need to come back a second time. Headache, muscle pain and fatigue are the most common side effect sited with Moderna, and similar with Pfizer. This needs to be communicated honestly to the people taking the vaccines so they are prepared, and so they know they are not experiencing something rare, everything is going fine and they shouldn't be scared of the second shot. Clear and honest communication is the only weapon we have against anti-vaxxers. This might also mean that for hospital staff, this is ideally planned on their last day of work and not in the middle of a work week for instance so as not to impact service and give people time to actually rest the day after.

www.newsweek.com

COVID Vaccine Side Effects Include High Fever, Body Aches and Bad Headaches

Experts are urging the public to be informed that promising new COVID-19 vaccines that may soon be available could provoke severe, but temporary, side effects in some who receive them.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
There is already a thread

www.resetera.com

Would you vaccinate today?

If you got offered an effective vaccine today, that was approved by the EU/ whatever you have in the US. Would you take it? Considering they may not have figured out all the side effects. Swine flu vaccine comes to mind. I would absolutely inject it straight into my veins.

Status
Not open for further replies.