• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
Since Halo MCC was announced for Steam, it feels like MS is a lot more open more open to non W10 store storefronts. That said, when do you think we could see other MS IP (Foza, Gears) announced for Steam?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
We have no idea to be fair. Their releases on Steam havent been that logic really to have a guess when or even if it happens. For example you would have expect Halo Wars 2 to be on Steam already. Yet here we are.
Like i said in the first party topic. Xbox need to tell a clear vision of what their plan is for PC releases. Because atm its confusing.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
As far as internally-developed first-party titles are concerned, probably not for a while (if ever). I feel MCC is MS testing the waters to see if Steam releases can complement Game Pass rather than cannibalise it.

We have no idea to be fair. Their releases on Steam havent been that logic really to have a guess when or even if it happens. For example you would have expect Halo Wars 2 to be on Steam already. Yet here we are.
Like i said in the first party topic. Xbox need to tell a clear vision of what their plan is for PC releases. Because atm its confusing.

Didn't 343 recently say there'll be an update on what's in store for HW2? I can see one of those items being a Steam release.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
who knows. the ms store as a whole seems to be weird these days, ebooks are going to be removed shortly, music was removed last year. dev cuts for apps were changed to like 95% so they aren't really looking to make money on applications. (games haven't changed). not sure what their strategy is, but it would be nice to have them come out and say something formal about it all.

I suspect we'll get a better idea of what is happening before e3 hits.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I suspect if MCC sells really well on Steam then their other major IP's will follow. MS seems to be about giving players more options in experiencing Xbox rather than limiting them.

Hyaku Shiki

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
As far as internally-developed first-party titles are concerned, probably not for a while (if ever). I feel MCC is MS testing the waters to see if Steam releases can complement Game Pass rather than cannibalise it.

Couldn't they have chosen something smaller than the full MCC though, as a test?

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
I hope soon. I'm really happy that Halo MCC is coming to Steam. Would love to see the Forza games coming to Steam as well.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Don't think its gonna happen like that. MS seems to be selective with how they make their games available. MCC seems like the kind of game where they think these have stayed exclusive for long enough, let's share it now. Think that's going to be how they handle things.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
Do not expect to see the same day releases on Steam and WinStore of the big first party like Gears 5, but you'll definitely see more in the future.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't expect any news before E3, I hope Gears gets similar treatment though.

Deleted member 47318

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Probably, but MCC represents the culmination of what the PC community has been requesting for over a decade, so it's the best tool for the job that isn't a flagship new release.
Exactly.

This isn't just shitty Capcom-esque test, and MCC isn't just some old port or an unrelated smaller indie/XBLA title. It's a full compilation of some of the best of Microsoft's games over the years, and the overall significance and stakes are clear to both the consumer and the producer.

This is it for both sides; for MS to deliver on actual quality ports, where the slightest misstep could spell disaster, and for us in that this is where we prove we really do want Halo and every other big title they have on Steam

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Gimme Rare Replay Collection on PC.

Steam, Windows Store, GOG, Epic, I don't care, just want it on PC!