• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.

Also says some durability test says average life before problems is 417 hours.

Look at your FCC ID, ending in A is the new model and ending in 1 is the old stock. It was reported all Starlight colors are upgraded.

www.mcvuk.com

Dualsense sticks have a lifespan of 417 hours, claims PS5 drift investigation - MCV/DEVELOP

“After this research, it’s bizarre to us that console makers don’t consider joysticks to be consumable parts and design them to be easily replaced."

Has the testing from a year ago.

Changed the baity title.

Also, the A in the video may be the incorrect spot to check. And likely, can't check without opening package.

Last edited:

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
*Sees one controller has letter A*
NICE
*happily checks 2nd controller*
*sees 1*

explodemind-star-trek.gif

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
We knew the springs were changed with these but what on the sticks were changed? TronicsFix opened these a few weeks back and I thought he said nothing is changed in the sticks.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Yes. I saw the video a while ago. Before we knew which versions of the DS4 whether it was V1 or V2 just from serial on the box and the box itself but now you need to open the box and check it out.
Not a single store will allow you to do so just to check this and screw the pacakging even in front of them just to realize it's not the controller you want. and then keep opening as many controllers to end up with nothing.
This is the worst way from Sony to market their new controllers sicne they not only don't want to acknowledge their first iterations are so faulty but also they want more and more people to not get aware of this and deplete their stock of faulty controllers.
Your best solution is just just pick up one of the 3 colored controllers: light blue, pink or purple with puprle being the most expensive and one of the tech reviews noticed it has something different even from the other too so it must be the best one yet.

Last edited:

animalcrossed

Oct 28, 2017

Also says some durability test says average life before problems is 417 hours.

Look at your FCC ID, ending in A is the new model and ending in 1 is the old stock. It was reported all Starlight colors are upgraded.

www.mcvuk.com

Dualsense sticks have a lifespan of 417 hours, claims PS5 drift investigation - MCV/DEVELOP

“After this research, it’s bizarre to us that console makers don’t consider joysticks to be consumable parts and design them to be easily replaced."

Has the testing from a year ago.

I've had more issues with the new controller's "mechanical improvements".

Also this video...talk about turning a tweet's length of text into a YouTube video. Script sounds like some SEO bait that includes every possible search term. Wish I hadn't watched.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Both mine are 1, but I noticed that my second controller has much more faded text for some reason. Not sure why, especially when the second controller has barely seen any use.

xpownz

▲ Legend ▲
Feb 13, 2020
400h? lol
I have 400h in Elden Ring alone
I dont understand why the controller is expected to have problems so soon

Snornex

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm on my 4th controller now and yeah, 400 hours sounds about right. As much as I love the Dualsense, there is no arguing that they just fall apart.

Feb 16, 2022
He actually got it somewhat wrong. The "A" that's supposed to signify the newer model isn't on that part. It's here:
Uz9EmxN.png

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
So is the preferred method of disposal for a "1" controller being smashed under a giant novelty mallet?

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
How to turn info that could be said in a single sentence into a two minute click-bait video.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
hate trashy clickbait shit

also since people won't bother to read,
mentioned 400 hrs claim is for drift, and applies to all controllers, since they all use same manufacturer.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
I've got a shit ton more than 400 hours without drift. Not saying it won't happen but curious on how they stumbled on that number. No idea but I would assume I'm closer to 1000 hours.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao, all 4 of mine end in 1. Two whites (one from launch, the second bought a month after launch) and a red and black that were bought when they came out last june.

toad02

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
It's reasonable not to believe a video with no source, either on the IDs or in the 400 hours statistic.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
So the controllers with a more responsive or tactile dpad and face buttons, and tighter sticks and triggers are A stock. The model number even has a small A at the end of it.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Both mine end with 1. Both mine have 1000's of hours on. Both are fine. Bet there are ones ending with a that haven't lasted as long. Is just luck

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Launch controller so obviously a 1. Makes sense considering one of the springs snapped, but got it fixed via diy. Soon enough the drift will come into play D:

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Just got my system a week ago and it's the new model. It's the first and only one I've held I don't even know what's supposed to be improved.