• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I'd hazard a guess the vast majority of rapes don't even take place on the streets either given the statistics above.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Cool so let's keep abortion until we go like 2 months without a rape conviction. I'm all for his getting rid of rapists policy.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX

www.thedailybeast.com

Greg Abbott’s Insane Defense of Abortion Ban: We’ll ‘Eliminate’ Rapists

Asked why Texas’ crushingly restrictive abortion ban provides no exceptions for victims of rape and incest, Gov. Greg Abbott offered a bizarre answer.

Do they have really 6 weeks to get an abortion? The gestational age, by convention, starts counting at the last menstrual period. So really they have within 4 weeks of unprotected sex to seek an abortion of which only the last 2 weeks are able to be diagnosed with pregnancy. This "6 weeks" thing is such a misrepresentation of the whole situation, they should really be saying "within 2 weeks of the first missed period"

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately we weren't able to get all the rapists, so we're going to try approaching this from the other angle and go after the victims

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
People clapped for that statement.

That's all I need to know about the people in the room who did.

Garbage.

Nov 29, 2018
They already weren't engaging these issues in good faith, I guess they may as well just stop pretending altogether. Pricks.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
didn't know Texas PD's were testing out clairvoyance tech already, damn...

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Just a reminder that American conservatives spent decades blocking spousal rape laws, all the way up to the 90's. And even now, the laws are a mess in some states.

Do they have really 6 weeks to get an abortion? The gestational age, by convention, starts counting at the last menstrual period. So really they have within 4 weeks of unprotected sex to seek an abortion of which only the last 2 weeks are able to be diagnosed with pregnancy. This "6 weeks" thing is such a misrepresentation of the whole situation, they should really be saying "within 2 weeks of the first missed period"

That is correct, and the GOP is all about misrepresentation. It would need to be within 2 weeks after a missed menstrual cycle (and folks would need to be hyper aware). The law is insanely restrictive by design.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
doesn't understand how pregnancy works. doesn't understand how rape works. just the man you want making the laws for women.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
logical-fallacies-everywhere.jpg

I have no idea how reporters weren't going down his throat the moment he opened his mouth.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Ok jackass, unless you can search the thoughts of potential rapists you won't be able to ever stop them all.
Rapists become rapists because they committed said fucking crime. THEY ALREADY RAPED SOMEONE.

Die in a fire you piece of shit.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Two months with no rape convictions? The governor can make that happen!
So long as his methods are to get rid of the rapists instead of the cops so there is no convictions I'm cool with it. Is there some kind of prize in the GOP for who can say the dumbest shit and still have their supporters follow them?

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Someone ask him why he, or any other republican in power ever, haven't done it yet...what are they waiting for??

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you make enough horrific laws that everyone in the state leaves for less horrific states you could in theory of the course of a century or two completely depopulate the state and thus remove all rapists.

They really are a death cult

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
You should always, ALWAYS, be extremely wary of people who say they're going to eliminate "X" from society. Mostly because their full of shit, but also because they're almost certainly projecting their greatest shames. It's one thing to say you'll be harder on offenders, or you'll do more for victims, or you'll change things to try and make the gulf of trauma shorter and let people return tot heir lives sooner.

But anyone who says they'll eliminate "x" from society, doesn't know how society works.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

www.thedailybeast.com

Greg Abbott’s Insane Defense of Abortion Ban: We’ll ‘Eliminate’ Rapists

Asked why Texas’ crushingly restrictive abortion ban provides no exceptions for victims of rape and incest, Gov. Greg Abbott offered a bizarre answer.

Explain that logic to me. A rapist isn't a rapist until they rape someone (and possibly impregnate the victim, whom Abbott wants to force into labor), so are we talking some type of Minority Report type elimination of rapists?

He still thinks of rape is something like a rapist hiding in bushes and getting the jump on someone at night.

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
This will definitely work. And if even one gets through, Abbott goes to jail for.life

Oct 28, 2017
20 bucks, the rapists are are immigrants from south of the border and the solution will be to crack down on immigration/build the wall.

Dec 30, 2020
I maintain that it's easy to identify someone who hasn't been properly punched in the face at any point in their life. Abbott strikes me as that sort of someone.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Just more evidence that these people are living in a fucking fantasy land.

He'll probably do it like he "fixed" the electrical infrastructure.. he signed a piece of paper and said "There, it's fixed."

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Nobody I trust more to deal with rape than the party of "women should just close their legs"
And this gem:
www.politico.com

Earlier: Akin: 'Legitimate rape' rarely leads to pregnancy

The Missouri GOP Senate candidate, who discussing abortion, later said he "misspoke."

www.nytimes.com

Senate Candidate Provokes Ire With ‘Legitimate Rape’ Comment (Published 2012)

In an effort to explain his stance on abortion, Representative Todd Akin of Missouri said women’s bodies can somehow block an unwanted pregnancy in instances of “legitimate rape.”

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — In an effort to explain his stance on abortion, Representative Todd Akin, the Republican Senate nominee from Missouri, provoked ire across the political spectrum on Sunday by saying that in instances of what he called "legitimate rape," women's bodies somehow blocked an unwanted pregnancy.
Asked in an interview on a St. Louis television station about his views on abortion, Mr. Akin, a six-term member of Congress who is backed by Tea Party conservatives, made it clear that his opposition to the practice was nearly absolute, even in instances of rape.
"It seems to me, from what I understand from doctors, that's really rare," Mr. Akin said of pregnancies from rape. "If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let's assume that maybe that didn't work or something: I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be of the rapist, and not attacking the child."

Nov 29, 2018
And this gem:
www.politico.com

Earlier: Akin: 'Legitimate rape' rarely leads to pregnancy

The Missouri GOP Senate candidate, who discussing abortion, later said he "misspoke."

www.nytimes.com

Senate Candidate Provokes Ire With ‘Legitimate Rape’ Comment (Published 2012)

In an effort to explain his stance on abortion, Representative Todd Akin of Missouri said women’s bodies can somehow block an unwanted pregnancy in instances of “legitimate rape.”

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — In an effort to explain his stance on abortion, Representative Todd Akin, the Republican Senate nominee from Missouri, provoked ire across the political spectrum on Sunday by saying that in instances of what he called "legitimate rape," women's bodies somehow blocked an unwanted pregnancy.
Asked in an interview on a St. Louis television station about his views on abortion, Mr. Akin, a six-term member of Congress who is backed by Tea Party conservatives, made it clear that his opposition to the practice was nearly absolute, even in instances of rape.
"It seems to me, from what I understand from doctors, that's really rare," Mr. Akin said of pregnancies from rape. "If it's a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let's assume that maybe that didn't work or something: I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be of the rapist, and not attacking the child."
Oh my god. There was a real-life event that prompted this Bojack bit?